Forbes magazine - ignoring Madonna again

Jazzy Jan

Forbes magazine has released their list of the world's 100 most powerful women. Madonna did not make the list but Lady Gaga was number 45 and referred to as the reigning Queen of Pop.

So, Madonna has the most successful tour of any artist for 2012 yet can't make the list while both Gaga and Beyonce are on the list. Atrocious and pathetic bias. Also, how can anybody else but Madonna be called the Queen of Pop ? This literally makes my blood boil.

Breath Jan. They're bitter cunts. (sorry had to say it). We all know what's what. And seriously, M is way more powerful that our Julia

Breath Jan. They're bitter cunts. (sorry had to say it). We all know what's what. And seriously, M is way more powerful that our Julia

You are right San. I just really lose it when someone other than Madonna is called the Queen of Pop :angry:

don't de surprise if one day they declare BEYONCE or JLO or LADY GAGA the first billionaire singer...really Madonnas has no power.

I've been saying this 4 years. Madonna is unique in the diversity of opinions that certain demographics have of her.

Popular, unpopular...whatever...Whenever M does something THE WORLD pays attention. This thing with the Miele hoover

is a great example of her charismatic power.

Did anyone see their reply to those who made valid points about Madonna:

Appreciate your cogent case for Madonna. We crunched her numbers along with 250 others according to our metrics of money, media momentum and impact. She did not make the top 100. Always 2014

Pfft!

Howdy jazzy, are you able to provide a link to the list, need a good laugh:) please tell me they had Kylie in there as well as Julia.

Cheers

I know really, who cares. What cracks me up though is the constant belief that Madonna belongs to some kind of capitalist group when the truth is Madonna works hard and a magazine that calls itself "the capitalist tool" doesn't seem to like her but they do admire others. After having a little read about this magazine I would cringe if they put Madonna up on a pedestal.

Edited by Larkspur

Howdy jazzy, are you able to provide a link to the list, need a good laugh:) please tell me they had Kylie in there as well as Julia.

Cheers

Ivy, I hope this works. I am on a break and using the work computer and often the links don't work properly. If not, could someone please post link for Ivy to have a great laugh. ( love your attitude and humour Ivy )

http://www.forbes.co...wer-women/list/

Howdy Jazzy, my workplace has restrictions, tried loading madonnanation which came back declined- can you believe it! I'm sure our I.T. Department reports to the directors, sites employees try to access:)

Will give it a whirl,

Cheers

Author

Caroline Howard, Forbes Staff 14 hours ago

Appreciate your cogent case for Madonna. We crunched her numbers along with 250 others according to our metrics of money, media momentum and impact. She did not make the top 100. Always 2014…

Called-out comment

Sissy Burden 12 hours ago

Oh, look. The fanboy is having a nervous breakdown. LOL. And what if Madonna did make the list? If she was at 50, you’d be bitching that she should be at 25. If she was at 25, you’d say she should be in the top ten. If she were in the top, you’d be babbling that she should be at #1. Get a life, and get tested, dear! And MDNA was among the top ten best selling albums of 2012? LMAO. On whose list? Oh, boy, the irony indeed!

Author

Appreciate your cogent case for Madonna. We crunched her numbers along with 250 others according to our metrics of money, media momentum and impact. She did not make the top 100. Always 2014…

Called-out comment

Sissy Burden 12 hours ago

Oh, look. The fanboy is having a nervous breakdown. LOL. And what if Madonna did make the list? If she was at 50, you'd be bitching that she should be at 25. If she was at 25, you'd say she should be in the top ten. If she were in the top, you'd be babbling that she should be at #1. Get a life, and get tested, dear! And MDNA was among the top ten best selling albums of 2012? LMAO. On whose list? Oh, boy, the irony indeed!

well, that's true though...some fans make haters easier to fry them alive.

That is bs. If one can increase sales of a vaccum cleaner by just using it in a pic, with most google search in 2012 n twits for Super Bowl, all the controversies for the tour in France, us and around the world, most watched halftime is history, n highest gross tour as well as most earnings in the industry. Interview n tv ratings, gaga n Elton feud numerous awards, nipples gate. She accomplished a lot in 2012 n even billboard etc. can't deny her impact n gave her multiple awards. Golden globe..she is not influential?? It seems like everything she touches turn into gold after superbowl. . What did gaga do in 2012 expect for canceling a tour that was not selling. Plz!

Madonna 1991 Good Morning America

Oh Forbes magazine what do they know .........

Seriously Forbes lists are becoming more and more of a joke, not surprised with what gets published these days. Last year Oprah Winfrey who makes about $300m a year came second after JLO only because Lopez had a new fragrance out or something and made $50m

We've recently been informed that Janet Jackson has apparently managed to become a billionaire from cds sold and tour gross :lmao:Astounding considering Janet has raked in $100m AT BEST from 25 years of touring. Conceding she has earned $100m from her record sales, I don't think Weight Watchers paid her the remaining $800m

yeah...i might still complain if she was not #1 because she deserves to be on the top of the list. Money = power, media coverage=power..if you google madonna, she was definately the most talked about and media covered, googled artist who earned the most in 2012!

Eh, forbes are jerks. end of. but yes, it's annoying because they are seen as so respected and reliable when they are everything BUT. it seems like a vendetta from friedman against her. it's like not adding obama on the list of most known people in the world. indeed, quite a slap in the face. she deserves to be on the list..

Author

Now I really would like to know what THEIR metrics are. They will not explain themselves that's for sure.

The thing is, no one would have questioned their list if it was only politicians and business women (well, Madonna is one and a pretty great one. Forbes itself said so). But by including Gaga and Beyonce in the list and leaving Madonna out they are disqualifying themselves and it makes them look liké fools. Furthermore this is actually a list that says "worldwide". Considering the amount of achievements she has amassed in the last year how can Gaga or Beyonce be there and she isn't. Did they find a cure for AIDS or did they fly to the moon to fight marsians and we somehow missed that? Sorry, but this all doesn't make any sense. Except that they still hold a grudge. And I am sure they still do. The fact that they felt the need to make a statement about Madonna NOT being a billionaire by diminishing her achievements, citing numbers in a way they had any insight knowledge of her personal finances and contracts when it's safe to say they have not, just shows that there is some bad blood. An artcile written by a guy who wrote a glorifying cover story about Justin Bieber and who is allegedly an expert for rappers and their music and businesses. Oh, the irony.