Madonna To Present At The Sound Of Change Live Concert

Mat.Guy

anyone know if there is a Livestream for this like live8 and liveearth? or maybe the bbc will air it?

Broadcast on BBC1

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a483728/beyonce-j-lo-florence-london-concert-for-bbc-one.html

Beyoncé's concert at Twickenham stadium in London next week will be broadcast on BBC One. The singer will headline the Sound of Change show in the capital on June 1, with further performances from Jennifer Lopez and Florence + the Machine.

BBC One has confirmed that it will screen a special broadcast of the show, titled Beyoncè & Friends Live at Twickenham, on June 1 at 10:50pm. Ellie Goulding, Haim, John Legend, Iggy Azalea, Timbaland, Rita Ora and Laura Pausini will also perform, while Jay-Z is expected to appear on stage with his wife Beyoncé.

Madonna will be on hand to help host the event, along with Blake Lively, Jessica Chastain, Zoe Saldana, author Gloria Steinem and Archbishop Desmond Tutu. The global concert event is being held to put girls' and women's issues and rights on the world stage. The Sound of Change Live aims to raise awareness about education, health and justice for women everywhere.

It was inspiring until Beyonce opened her ill-educated mouth and spewed out idiocy. Of all the things you aspire to be as a woman...president

(presumably of the US), is as high as you aim to reach. Embarrassing.

Im glad she's there for this, but can you imagine how amazing it must have been for us fans to see M perform LAV & LS on that particular concert (and maybe have the secret project released if it truly has something to do with women etc)

It would have been perfect.

Guest Evil M

It was inspiring until Beyonce opened her ill-educated mouth and spewed out idiocy. Of all the things you aspire to be as a woman...president

(presumably of the US), is as high as you aim to reach. Embarrassing.

Okay first of all she said she tells her being the president is an option not that it's the highest she can reach.

And what's wrong with being the president :lol:

Guest groovyguy

NBC To Air ‘Sound Of Change’ Concert On June 2

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Tuesday May 28, 2013

The Sound Of Change Live concert to raise awareness for issues affecting girls and women will be broadcast live from London on June 1. NBC will pick it up the next night to air from 9-11 PM. Performers include Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Florence + The Machine and Timbaland. Madonna will lead an international presenters lineup that includes Jessica Chastain, James Franco and Freida Pinto.

Bey and M in the same place, same time! I will collapse

A Beyonce and Madonna Moment of Life has been long overdue.

Though Bey could do well to take a year or five away from the spotlight, she's as far as I'm concerned the only worthy Madonna successor, so far.

A large group from work are going and one just put a fb status up

"Shut up! Madge at Twickenham as well this Saturday" and about thirty comments excited about it.

I had no idea they'd care. Considering M only appeals to the gays of course

A Beyonce and Madonna Moment of Life has been long overdue.

Though Bey could do well to take a year or five away from the spotlight, she's as far as I'm concerned the only worthy Madonna successor, so far.

Eep. I don't see any similarities. She's more like Mariah, but doesn't have as good a voice or songwriting skills.

Eep. I don't see any similarities. She's more like Mariah, but doesn't have as good a voice or songwriting skills.

Interesting. Let me start by saying that to me Mariah is also better than Beyonce, musically speaking. But music, as we know, is just one small fraction of the whole in terms of pop music and cultural relevance.

I see similarities between M and B in terms of B mixing obvious anthem hits with oddball songs (let's say, Halo and Girls vis-a-vis Green Lights or Ring the Alarm), as well as in their stronger-than-hell stage presence, relentless energy and ambition. Beyonce is also a huge role model for women and girls, far more influential than any of the current lessers - just like Madonna was (and is). But perhaps it's precisely because those similarities aren't literal that I respect her more than the others.

On that note, it's interesting that you compared Beyonce to Mariah. First, because Beyonce has taken many more risks (that have paid off) than Mariah - in this, she is also like Madonna. And also because to me the natural continuation of Madonna cannot and will not reside in yet another white woman... It's not how the world is shaped anymore.

Hope this helps explain my viewpoint a little more!

Beyonce has taken many more risks (that have paid off) than Mariah - in this, she is also like Madonna.

hyperventilation+bag.jpg

5771_Woman_Hyperventilating_And_Breathing_Into_A_Bag_Poster_Art_Print-eb83d1c03c260b00ed9af0069a78368e.jpg

And also because to me the natural continuation of Madonna cannot and will not reside in yet another white woman... It's not how the world is shaped anymore.

WHAT THE FUCK? That's so I'll informed, ignorant and racist.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/28/entertainment-us-women-beyonce-idUSBRE94R0XS20130528

Beyonce, Madonna and Tutu team up for women at London charity gig

LONDON | Tue May 28, 2013

(Reuters) - Singers Beyonce and Madonna, activist Gloria Steinem and Bishop Desmond Tutu will be among big names reaching out to a billion people from a pop concert in London on Saturday with a message of empowerment for women across the planet.

The "Sound of Change Live" gig headlined by Beyonce, Florence + the Machine and Jennifer Lopez will be broadcast live from Twickenham sports stadium to 150 countries, and on primetime TV in the United States the following day, organizers said on Tuesday.

The four-hour concert could fund at least 120 projects supporting women and girls in more than 70 nations, if all the tickets are sold, they said.

Organized by the Chime for Change campaign, started by Italian fashion house Gucci, every ticket buyer will be able to choose which project their ticket will fund in what the campaign said was a world first for such a venture.

Madonna will be a presenter at the gig alongside other musicians, public figures, activists, film directors and actors including Indian stars Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan.

"Sixty percent of the children in the world not in school are girls," Madonna said. "Two-thirds of the world's illiterate are women. I do not accept this. We need to change this and we will change this."

In addition to performances and collaborations from artists, the concert, which starts at 1:00 p.m. EDT, will serve as a platform to broadcast inspirational and provocative films and stories highlighting women's issues around the world.

(Reporting by Paul Casciato; Editing by Pravin Char)

WHAT THE FUCK? That's so I'll informed, ignorant and racist.

I'm baffled by your comment. I constantly see the media/people bringing up other white successful women while talking about "the next Madonna," while black successful women are always "the next Tina" or "the next Whitney." I'm saying that the "next Madonna" could be anyone (and that to me that anyone will not come from another white woman, perhaps precisely because all of them are constantly compared to Madonna and thus will lose).

I'm baffled by your comment. I constantly see the media/people bringing up other white successful women while talking about "the next Madonna," while black successful women are always "the next Tina" or "the next Whitney." I'm saying that the "next Madonna" could be anyone (and that to me that anyone will not come from another white woman, perhaps precisely because all of them are constantly compared to Madonna and thus will lose).

Why does skin colour matter so much or AT ALL in this scenario?