Madonna To Present At The Sound Of Change Live Concert

Mat.Guy

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh Lord, stating that her face looked puffy does NOT mean that people didnt listen to her speech! Jesus! Its like saying she wore all black, does that mean we care less about Ray of Light Foundation! Such drama kings and queens!

she looked VERY fucking cool, so much better than when shes got her arse hanging out like an old slut haha

shade detected...screw you!

Oh Lord, stating that her face looked puffy does NOT mean that people didnt listen to her speech! Jesus! Its like saying she wore all black, does that mean we care less about Ray of Light Foundation! Such drama kings and queens!

Thank you!

It doesn't mean that, you're right, but nitpicking at her flaws does end up undermining what her intentions were in being there. She showed up to this event to help empower women around the world. By focusing so much on her looks, it brings up the sexist notion that women are held to different standards than men (because if George Clooney or some other plastic surgeried man had been up there, this wouldn't be an issue). This isn't directed at you chelle, but more at those who feel the need to incessantly pick at her and other women (like the Daily Mail, some fans, haters, etc.).

Guest Not4Pussies

It doesn't mean that, you're right, but nitpicking at her flaws does end up undermining what her intentions were in being there. She showed up to this event to help empower women around the world. By focusing so much on her looks, it brings up the sexist notion that women are held to different standards than men (because if George Clooney or some other plastic surgeried man had been up there, this wouldn't be an issue). This isn't directed at you chelle, but more at those who feel the need to incessantly pick at her and other women (like the Daily Mail, some fans, haters, etc.).

Agreed. It's one thing to mention something about her appearance but its another to bitch, complain and dedicate an entire post about her face. what a waste of time. Use that time for something more positive.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree. The articles from DM that are based around 6 people tweeting that Madonna has had work done is just ridiculous. And I agree, if George Clooney was speaking no one would mention his face or physical appearance AT ALL!

But, here on a Madonna fansite I've always seen jokes about Madonna's face. There was the recurrent joke about "the cheeks are back" werent done to detract from Madonna's art, charitable causes or musical legacy. it literally was just a joke. Statements like "I have a feeling if Madonna was ugly, most of her fans wouldn't like her" is just ridiculous and overly dramatic.

^ Thank you Chelle! I was made to believe that statement meant something other than its literal one. Apparently we're all speaking in code now

Guest Rachelle of London

^ Thank you Chelle! I was made to believe that statement meant something other than its literal one. Apparently we're all speaking in code now

Loooool!

Fortunately NBC was in awe of M’s message. They broadcasted it THREE times and asked people to specifically donate to the cause. When the anchor was mentioning that twitter was abuzz with M’s appearance (face, hair etc), she said: “You just have to wonder, what people focus on these days….. “ Priceless comment.

any links??whAt show??

^ alright - you must be taking the piss right? :rotfl:

You get bloated in your abdomen, not your face :dead:

And let's not debate menopause or not...I don't think we can muster the energy for that one

^ alright - you must be taking the piss right? :rotfl:

You get bloated in your abdomen, not your face :dead:

And let's not debate menopause or not...I don't think we can muster the energy for that one

Oh I wasn't talking about Madonna, I was just making a random observation.

When was Madonna's menopause documented?

At least the pregnancy rumors have stopped! Lol!

I think all this talk of her looking bad is (particulary)American Life as we know it now... Everyone thinks they're in a goddamned reality show. Keeping up with the Hollywood whores (whom most of them are uneducated and probably lacking in the literacy dept.).

Madonna's message is for everyone! 😜

Guest groovyguy

The brilliant @LizSmth speaks about #Madonna latest criticism

ONE of my Twitter followers asked me about my feelings on how the media seems to focus more on Madonna's face and how she looks rather than her talent.

I think the media and the public are frightfuly unfair about Madonna and have written so over and over. She is judged harshly by everyone who seems to think she should be pandering to them. She is an incredible credible performer. She's not young by rock standards so it is ageism and sexism at its worth. She wont kiss anybody's ass nor should she have to. The Rolling Stones never did. They are worshpped. Over and out⁄ Liz

The brilliant @LizSmth speaks about #Madonna latest criticism

https://www.facebook...389762877795266

ONE of my Twitter followers asked me about my feelings on how the media seems to focus more on Madonna's face and how she looks rather than her talent.

I think the media and the public are frightfuly unfair about Madonna and have written so over and over. She is judged harshly by everyone who seems to think she should be pandering to them. She is an incredible credible performer. She's not young by rock standards so it is ageism and sexism at its worth. She wont kiss anybody's ass nor should she have to. The Rolling Stones never did. They are worshpped. Over and out⁄ Liz

Bow to Mama Liz

German press is going crazy over M's face at the Sound of Change concert. Fuck them. However, this morphing slide show is kinda cool:

From Material Girl to Queen of Botox?

(click on the red play button on the lower left corner and/or drag the nipple on the timeline)

People of this world are so fucked up/dumb. If you took a horrid candid of me every five years I'd look freaky at times.

Guest Rachelle of London

And there's no such thing as 'aging gracefully', anyone who truly believes that is a fucking hypocrite. There's nothing graceful about wrinkles. And she looks like a fucking goddess compared to her sisters 'aging gracefully' *BARF*

you really think so? When Madonna is not wearing makeup she can look rough at times too. Theres some pics which make me doubt that shes had invasive work done as she looks her age 100%. Also M has access to the best creams and potions which really do make a difference. You can age gracefully without litres of botox being injected into you.