Madonna To Present At The Sound Of Change Live Concert

Mat.Guy

how great that she didn't make it all about herself with some outrageous outfit...I know lots of people just went there to see some stars perform and couldn't care less about the message and theme of the show but they all got Madonna to remind them why the fuck was this all about...Truly committed and inspiring, and those idiots who complain about some "kabalah"-like expressions, am sorry but those are words of endearment and inspiration, regardless if New Age , Kabbalah or whatever...did u expect her to show the midle finger, rub her vagina and do some cursing?...when i read people commenting stupidly like this, it reminds me of the Superbowl,at the end, when there was the "World Peace" message, stupid Bette Midler went on twitter to make mockery of it...it made me think that some people just want to see the world fucking burning!

These people are so far from the light.

or they got too close that they got totally burnt out! lol

Oh come on! There is no light, kabbalah, jesus or god. Wake up and smell the coffee, you do good things in your life through experience, education or parents. Not some fallacy of a "religion".

Im not talking about religion at all. And if you dont believe in what I believe you should ignore it. Respect other's people beliefs, thank you very much.

If anyone is interested here's the short film Madonna presented. Its called "Humaira Dreamcatcher" by Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy.

Guest SecretGarden

She looks so beautiful, man I love her!

Oh come on! There is no light, kabbalah, jesus or god. Wake up and smell the coffee, you do good things in your life through experience, education or parents. Not some fallacy of a "religion".

No offence but this is entirely ignorant to all the good things religion has done, you're basically ignoring thousands of years of religious historicity. Read about the Protestant work ethic, or how most of our laws were derived from the holy books of the Abrahamic religions. To say there is "no god" is itself a fallacy as no on can prove or be certain if there is or isn't one.

Edited by SecretGarden

She looks so beautiful, man I love her!

No offence but this is entirely ignorant to all the good things religion has done, you're basically ignoring thousands of years of religious historicity. Read about the Protestant work ethic, or how most of our laws were derived from the holy books of the Abrahamic religions. To say there is "no god" is itself a fallacy as no on can prove or be certain if there is or isn't one.

Lets not call each other out on religion. This is a Madonna forum. Were all wrong and were all right. :)

Guest Rachelle of London

Finally home! OMG What a day! First off Madonnas speech was AMAZING!!!! I love her even more than I ever thought I could, she is one ballsy woman! Such an inspiration. I wish she had a pivotal role organising the show, and wouldve performed but ah well!

First off...the concert was BORING! Madonna and Beyonce were the only good parts! 95%+ of the audience were there to see Beyonce, so during everyone elses performances the crowd were just dead. Literally! Plus the sound was SHOCKING! ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING! Some of the acts like Florence & the Machine sounded like they didnt even do a soundcheck, it kept on dipping.

Met some lovely people. Including some lovely Swedish Beyonce fans that allowed me to use on their phones to go on the web cos I was so bored.

Nearly got into a fight! hahaha! When we got there (we were late) I was speaking to one of the officials and asked him what time Madonna was due on, he said he'd check the program for me, so whilst he was checking, these group of Beyonce fans kitted head to toe in Mrs Carter Show Merchandise looking a hot mess started shouting. One girl who was literally the leader of the pack was swearing and shouting, so the official asked her whats going on. She started going on that she never bought tickets to this mess and she thought it was a Beyonce concert blah blah blah. So the guy explained to her what the show was about. Some other girls came up to him complaining aswell. So one of them said to the man "You better watch out cos the Beyhive stings" when she said that I burst out laughing. So I asked her if shes serious? Like I couldn't believe that people actually spoke like that in real life, I thought it was just for Twitter! Then she started shouting at me. Now everyone knows I can be mouthy myself but I kept quiet as Chime for Change is about educating women and these girls were just ridic!!!!!

All in all Madonna and Beyonce were the highlights of my day! I fell over when Bey started singing Survivor, hope I'm not on TV screaming or they show me crying when Madonna came out! I wish they had different performers, the acts are the SAME acts that have done ALL the festival circuits Jessie J, Rita Ora, Florence, Ellie Goulding ENOUGH ALREADY!

Anyway I have to communicate via sign language as my voice is now GONE and I think I broke a hip bone during Crazy In Love!

Finally home! OMG What a day! First off Madonnas speech was AMAZING!!!! I love her even more than I ever thought I could, she is one ballsy woman! Such an inspiration. I wish she had a pivotal role organising the show, and wouldve performed but ah well!

First off...the concert was BORING! Madonna and Beyonce were the only good parts! 95%+ of the audience were there to see Beyonce, so during everyone elses performances the crowd were just dead. Literally! Plus the sound was SHOCKING! ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING! Some of the acts like Florence & the Machine sounded like they didnt even do a soundcheck, it kept on dipping.

Met some lovely people. Including some lovely Swedish Beyonce fans that allowed me to use on their phones to go on the web cos I was so bored.

Nearly got into a fight! hahaha! When we got there (we were late) I was speaking to one of the officials and asked him what time Madonna was due on, he said he'd check the program for me, so whilst he was checking, these group of Beyonce fans kitted head to toe in Mrs Carter Show Merchandise looking a hot mess started shouting. One girl who was literally the leader of the pack was swearing and shouting, so the official asked her whats going on. She started going on that she never bought tickets to this mess and she thought it was a Beyonce concert blah blah blah. So the guy explained to her what the show was about. Some other girls came up to him complaining aswell. So one of them said to the man "You better watch out cos the Beyhive stings" when she said that I burst out laughing. So I asked her if shes serious? Like I couldn't believe that people actually spoke like that in real life, I thought it was just for Twitter! Then she started shouting at me. Now everyone knows I can be mouthy myself but I kept quiet as Chime for Change is about educating women and these girls were just ridic!!!!!

All in all Madonna and Beyonce were the highlights of my day! I fell over when Bey started singing Survivor, hope I'm not on TV screaming or they show me crying when Madonna came out! I wish they had different performers, the acts are the SAME acts that have done ALL the festival circuits Jessie J, Rita Ora, Florence, Ellie Goulding ENOUGH ALREADY!

Anyway I have to communicate via sign language as my voice is now GONE and I think I broke a hip bone during Crazy In Love!

Aww I'm so happy for you! Glad you had fun and were able to be with M today! Ahhhhh! She looked amazing. I woulda been excited for Florence but I'm not surprised the sound was bad!

Hahaha you cried when madonna came out, that's so cute. I would too :p

I noticed the sound was fucking terrible! The whole concert I could hardly hear people singing. When iggy azalea was on I could hardly hear her, just the backing track. Sad :(

Im not talking about religion at all. And if you dont believe in what I believe you should ignore it. Respect other's people beliefs, thank you very much.

Well said Mat Guy. xx

Chelle, loved reading about your day. Great for you to see your 2 idols at the same concert and hear Madonna's fantastic speech live.

The more I watch Madonna's speech, the more I respect her. She completely owned the stage and her speech treated the issue with the respect and concern that it deserves. I have been waiting for a long time for famous women to acknowledge all the injustices and discrimination women suffer around the world and make a big issue of it. What Madonna said about education being a right is something that should always be highlighted.

Madonna looked great, I didn't find her any puffier than usual. Even in broad daylight she looks flawless. Her outfit was great and nicely understated but the gloves didn't work. They only work when she is wearing a costume or something with a bit of an edge to it.

Can't wait to see if Perez is correct and we get a new song with this 'secret project'

Guest Rachelle of London

Reading back some of the posts in this thread! Are you serious? Madonna looked AMAZING! she was actually better looking in a black trouser suit than the tramps half her age that were half naked! She was flawless!

OMG I forgot to put that these girls near me said they bet Madonna is gonna join Beyonce onstage and theyre gonna kiss. The other one said nah she wont, she only kissed Britney cos they did a song together, the other one replied, nah she will, Madonnas a lesbian you know, she likes black women, I've seen a pic of Naomi Campbell going down on her!

I love Beyonce fans,...so fuckin clueless!

Reading back some of the posts in this thread! Are you serious? Madonna looked AMAZING! she was actually better looking in a black trouser suit than the tramps half her age that were half naked! She was flawless!

OMG I forgot to put that these girls near me said they bet Madonna is gonna join Beyonce onstage and theyre gonna kiss. The other one said nah she wont, she only kissed Britney cos they did a song together, the other one replied, nah she will, Madonnas a lesbian you know, she likes black women, I've seen a pic of Naomi Campbell going down on her!

I love Beyonce fans,...so fuckin clueless!

:lmao:

Puff Maddy is back! :lol:

I do think compared to the Billboard awards she looks puffy again, but whatever. A week from now she will show up somewhere else looking non swollen and flawless again.

I wonder if like the tides the puffing and deflating has something to do with the gravitational interaction between the Earth and the Moon?

Anyone here from Australia know what time and what channel this concert is being broadcast on?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Rugbyguy, I hope they show it again as it was on live last night on channel 10.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-announces-support-for-girls-education-at-the-sound-of-change-live-concert

June 01, 2013

Madonna Announces Support For Girls' Education At The Sound Of Change Live Concert

On June 1, 2013 Madonna announced her plans to support girls' education in Pakistan and Afghanistan through her Ray of Light Foundation at The Sound of Change Live concert which was presented by CHIME FOR CHANGE, a campaign for improved Education, Health and Justice for women and girls worldwide.

Madonna took the stage with Humaira Bachal, the courageous young Pakistani woman who has overcome extreme adversity to educate girls in Pakistan. During her speech, Madonna challenged everyone to join her "Revolution of Love" to "end violence, promote peace, demand justice and help ensure education for girls everywhere."

She asked viewers to help contribute to the building of a new and bigger school for Humaira's students and personally committed to funding the completion of the school's construction if viewers funded the first floor.

To help build Humaira's school, visit: http://ichime.in/madonnahumaira

Madonna also announced her plans to support Afghan women through the Afghan Institute of Learning and has offered to match donations 2:1 in support of this project. To donate, visit: http://www.catapult.org/team/madonna

To learn more about the Ray of Light Foundation and Madonna's Revolution of Love, please visit www.rayoflight.org

Guest groovyguy

Awesome, passionate speech. Very inspiring. Outfit was simple, and chic. And very appropriate for the event.

Pillow face was back with a bang.

Good speech though, I can't say she looked good as she didn't.

Florence was great live, turned it off after seeing Madonna.

Madonna looked elegantly beautiful. She dresses for the occasion and wants the focus to be on the message and why they are there. I couldn't possibly agree with her more about the importance of education.