Madonna To Present At The Sound Of Change Live Concert

Mat.Guy

One of her better speeches sans the Madonna "um" every two seconds. Perhaps her speeches are best when she is fired up emotionally at whatever event she is attending. I didn't find her last two speeches to be that great.

Drama Boy, the emphasis on female education in this concert is not trying to ignore or diminish education for boys. Of course all boys should be educated but the point of this concert is simply this. In so many countries, girls are not allowed to be educated and are threatened and murdered if they attempt to. Just read up on the Taliban's beliefs on girl's being educated for example. I am positive that everyone that follows the cause of girls having the right to an education, never dream of denying boys an education. There is no sexism in place here, just trying to give girls and women a voice. All children should be nurtured, loved, educated and valued regardless of their gender or race.

Amazing, amazing post, Jan! :clap:

Brazilian Press is spinning that she did her first cosmetic procedure. :doh:

Exactly. It`s ridiculous how the press completely ignores what she is saying. It`s sad really.

She looked good. But naturally, when you get right off a transatlantic flight you don't look your absolute best. If she looked puffy, I don't think it's because she had more cosmetic procedures, it's because of the dehydration of a long flight and the stale air that circulates in a plane. That's why she looked different from the Billboard Award not because she had a lot of new procedures. I don't know how many of you fly a lot between the US and the UK, but I have many times and I know when I get off the plane I look like crap. I purposely often don't make plans to meet anyone until the next day so I have time to recover from the jet lag. But she didn't have time for that because she's on a tight schedule. Bless her for taking the time away from her life in NYC and her children to be part of this event because she was so committed to the cause.

1. Different lighting than Billboard...big, bright lights directed at your face could make most people look better than reality...natural light from above is your enemy

2. Jetlag

3. Her fillers look to have migrated south into her jowls, losing the nice contouring effect of high cheekbones (her blusher could also give that impression)

She did look a bit blah for my taste, but I don' care. She was very inspiring and I hope that rubbed off more on people than her face.

I think she looked great .This is for a charitable event so I didn't expect her to come with half her arse hanging out and her Sex book face/hair. She seems committed and passionate about the cause which we should all support .

Am I really the only one who don't see anything wrong with her face? She looks fine to me, just like at the Billboard awards, only with the difference that the daylight doesn't enhance the look of her face.

Thank you

Any of us 30/40 something yo here would look like shit flooded wiith light in that type of setting

She's almost 55 for god's sake, get over it

This event was NOT about the state of Madonna's face

Guest SecretGarden

I just find it sad people are more focused on her cheeks than what she was discussing in regards to women's education.

I have a feeling if Madonna was "ugly" then some of you wouldn't be fans, with Madonna her music and message should come FIRST, not her cheeks.

Edited by SecretGarden

Guest SecretGarden

She probably wouldn't even exist as she does without her beauty and 'look'. Don't be naive

I never claimed otherwise, my point was some fans care more about her face than her what's really important, and to claim that Madonna "wouldn't exist" without her looks is undermining everything Madonna stands for, which in my opinion is drive, passion and talent.

She has a new face for each era. The gaunt face with big eyes (COAD), the gaunt face with big cheeks (HC), the moon face with small eyes (MDNA).

Small eyes?

Truth-Dare-Madonna-Madonna.jpg

8b1a4f90-9256-477f-b8f3-62258d1bb2d7_zps9626e6fa.jpg

madonna-mdna-tour.jpg

madonna-performs-during-her-mdna-tour-in_3994123.jpg

tumblr_mfi8eg0sRC1rbyayzo1_r1_400.png

Amazing, amazing post, Jan! :clap:

Thanks Adrian :kiss2:

Madonna's star power is still second to none. She did not perform, but her speech created so much interest and discussion. You can tell she knows what she is talking about and is passionate about it.

I never claimed otherwise, my point was some fans care more about her face than her what's really important, and to claim that Madonna "wouldn't exist" without her looks is undermining everything Madonna stands for, which in my opinion is drive, passion and talent.

Yes!

I can't believe anybody has enough time to discuss Madonnas face like this. You people are crazy. Any adult should understand that make up, lighting and obviously LIFE can give you a different look within one day! Get over it.

I can't believe anybody has enough time to discuss Madonnas face like this. You people are crazy. Any adult should understand that make up, lighting and obviously LIFE can give you a different look within one day! Get over it.

Actually your right, you can look completely different in one day. Madonna had little makeup on I assume to keep the conversation about what's important. Blush can change the appearance of your face. It's made to bring out the cheekbones and make your face look thinner. People wear makeup all their lives.

Madonna wanted to focus on the reason they were all there. Madonna is NOT the one obsessed with her age. The media and her fans are and that's the truth.

Edited by Larkspur

Spot on. :thumbsup:

Guest SecretGarden

That's very true.

No. Your other point was that M probably wouldn't have all the fans she does if she was ugly. By your own estimations, you too have undermined her abilities. Anyway, I say that if that was the case, if she was 'ugly', she probably never would have been paid any attention in the first place. Show biz is mostly shallow and based on appearance. So, my hypothesis does not undermine her obvious talents, because in a superficial world the Madonna as we know her would never have eventuated. Her talents would have likely manifested in some other way.

Making a comment about her appearance does not mean you can't too understand and appreciate her sentiments.

Guest SecretGarden

No. Your other point was that M probably wouldn't have all the fans she does if she was ugly. By your own estimations, you too have undermined her abilities. Anyway, I say that if that was the case, if she was 'ugly', she probably never would have been paid any attention in the first place. Show biz is mostly shallow and based on appearance. So, my hypothesis does not undermine her obvious talents, because in a superficial world the Madonna as we know her would never have eventuated. Her talents would have likely manifested in some other way.

Making a comment about her appearance does not mean you can't too understand and appreciate her sentiments.

Again, you've totally misunderstood where I was coming from and you seem to be asserting I said things which I never did but maybe I should have been more articulate with what I posted so people wouldn't jump to hasty conclusions.

Anyway lets drop this before it derails the thread more than it already has.

Guest groovyguy

Fortunately NBC was in awe of M’s message. They broadcasted it THREE times and asked people to specifically donate to the cause. When the anchor was mentioning that twitter was abuzz with M’s appearance (face, hair etc), she said: “You just have to wonder, what people focus on these days….. “ Priceless comment.

Fortunately NBC was in awe of M’s message. They broadcasted it THREE times and asked people to specifically donate to the cause. When the anchor was mentioning that twitter was abuzz with M’s appearance (face, hair etc), she said: “You just have to wonder, what people focus on these days….. “ Priceless comment.

:thumbsup: