Madonna To Present At The Sound Of Change Live Concert

Mat.Guy

Guest Rachelle of London

They already were for the met gala lol

Yes but I wasnt at the Met Gala was I? Thats what I was saying!

I'm baffled by your comment. I constantly see the media/people bringing up other white successful women while talking about "the next Madonna," while black successful women are always "the next Tina" or "the next Whitney." I'm saying that the "next Madonna" could be anyone (and that to me that anyone will not come from another white woman, perhaps precisely because all of them are constantly compared to Madonna and thus will lose).

This makes no sense. I've often heard people say Rihanna is the new Madonna and Rihanna's black. People don't compare Beyonce and Madonna because their style of music is so different and so is their look. Rihanna has more in common with Madonna because they both have a dance element to their music and they wear more outrageous clothing. If people compare Beyonce to Whitney or Tina, it's not because of their race but because of their R&B stlyle of music, belting singing style and how they dress.

Guest Rachelle of London

Why do people compare anyone to Madonna? Especially Rihanna! She's the new Britney not the new Madonna!

Yes, this does sound like the 'Secret Project' with other artists. I can't imagine M would appear by Satellite though. That would seem half arsed. I couldn't see any general tickets for sale so looks like it's a sell out.

Yes, this does sound like the 'Secret Project' with other artists. I can't imagine M would appear by Satellite though. That would seem half arsed. I couldn't see any general tickets for sale so looks like it's a sell out.

I don't think this has anything to do with the Secret Project. This concert was planned a long time ago. I saw an ad for it in a magazine last month. I read they just recently added Madonna as a presenter at the last minute. They were actually surprised she was willing to participate. Totally separate from the Secret Project thing with Klein.

Guest Rachelle of London

Sound for Change tickets went onsale in March, they originally sold it as a Beyonce concert then they started announcing other artits such as Rita Ora etc

Guest Rachelle of London

My Beyonce friends are already there, theyre so silly, they are just gonna get told to move

Seems strange as she's been announced as a presenter. But if she does sing and sing Secret WOW. Other than the fact that it's for a great cause and it's Gucci sponsored/produced I have a feeling this little gathering (M aside) will be quite a snoozefest

Guest Rachelle of London

I highly doubt M will perform tomorrow! If she did the organisers would state from the get go! Her Live 8 performance is still widely spoken about. It would boost ticket sales and tv ratings. Plus she wouldve been in London rehearsing!

I highly doubt M will perform tomorrow! If she did the organisers would state from the get go! Her Live 8 performance is still widely spoken about. It would boost ticket sales and tv ratings. Plus she wouldve been in London rehearsing!

:thumbsup:

Guest Rachelle of London

If she DID perform Secret at an event like this the DWT arrangement would be PERFECT! M, a guitar, backing singers, acoustic...it literally would be amazing, give LAP a rest!

I also see it too unlikely :thumbsup:

If she DID perform Secret at an event like this the DWT arrangement would be PERFECT! M, a guitar, backing singers, acoustic...it literally would be amazing, give LAP a rest!

Nooooooooooooooo, I would love it if she sticked to the original, it would be hot if she performs it like an aging jazz singer (as in the video). Dirty make up, messi hair... Bring it in.

Guest Rachelle of London

Nooooooooooooooo, I would love it if she sticked to the original, it would be hot if she performs it like an aging jazz singer (as in the video). Dirty make up, messi hair... Bring it in.

see I would prefer that type of performance in a more intimate setting not a festival