Madonna To Present At The Sound Of Change Live Concert

Mat.Guy

Madonna To Present At The Sound Of Change Live Concert

Madonna has confirmed her participation as presenter in 'The Sound of Change Live' concert, presented by CHIME FOR CHANGE. Recently founded by Gucci, the organization hosts campaigns for improved Education, Health and Justice for women and girls worldwide. The four-hour concert, which takes place at Twickenham Stadium on Saturday 1 June, is supported by an impressive line-up of world-class artists and internationally renowned presenters, lending their voices to CHIME FOR CHANGE.

The confirmed line-up is: Aishwarya Rai * Archbishop Desmond Tutu * Beyonce * Blake Lively * Ellie Goulding * Florence + the Machine * Freida Pinto * Gloria Steinman * Gordon and Sarah Brown * HAIM * Humaira Bachal * Iggy Azalea * Jada Pinkett Smith * James Franco * Jennifer Lopez * Jessica Chastain * John Legend * Laura Pausini * Leymah Gbowee * Madonna * Mpho Tutu * Rita Ora * Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy * Timbaland * Zoe Saldana *

Madonna said, "60 percent of the children in the world NOT in school, are girls! 2/3 of the world's illiterate are WOMEN! I Do NOT accept this. We need to change this and we WILL CHANGE THIS!"

The concert will start at 5.30pm and finish at 10:00pm and each artist will perform special sets with some exciting collaborations expected. Throughout the concert short films will be shown highlighting issues such as: 60% of children not in school are girls, 800 women die daily in pregnancy or childbirth - most of whom would live with access to proper care, and despite gains, just 21% of seats in national parliaments are held by women.

Tickets for the concert are available from:

www.chimeforchange.org

www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Tel: +44 (0) 844-847 1693

http://madonna.com/news/title/madonna-to-present-at-the-sound-of-change-live-concert

I remember seeing the billboards of this organization across the city with Beyonce and Salma Hayek and thinking that it sounded a bit like the secret project, women united for change in different areas (health, education, etc). Good for her, she belongs there and it fits perfectly with her current fighting mood!

I remember seeing the billboards of this organization across the city with Beyonce and Salma Hayek and thinking that it sounded a bit like the secret project, women united for change in different areas (health, education, etc). Good for her, she belongs there and it fits perfectly with her current fighting mood!

I think you're on to something!

Wow we've been getting a lot of her post MDNA and it's been only 5 months since the end of the tour. GLAAD Awards, Instagram and Secret Project teasing, MET Gala, Billboard, this concert event, DVD soon out etc .... I got a feeling we may be getting a new record/tour sooner than people think. We all know that with the next touring outing she'll outsell everything and everyone

Album next spring and tour starting late summer 2014 a la HC/Sticky

Guest Rachelle of London

omg I'nm going to see bEYONCE.....madnnas gonna be there gdvjnkvjfvjvjfjkvcokf

Beyonce probably talked her into doing it at the Met Gala, Beyonce was one of the first artists who were confirmed to perform there. The concert is even listed on her site as part of her tour, but I guess it'll be more of a Live8/Earth kind of thing

But she is on the official line up...

Line-up includes performers and presenters, meaning the acts mentioned in it might not necessarily be performing

Plus it clearly says "Madonna confirmed her presence as presenter", well at least that's what the press release says

Guest Rachelle of London

OMG YOU'RE GOING???!!!!

YEAAAAHHHHH!!!!

I was going cos Bey was in the line up cos I missed out on V Festival tickets omggggggg Hyper you have to come M AND BEY

COOL!!!!!!

this is all for the Epix MDNA airing next month...let the promotion begin!

hope we get some more interviews!

and maybe someone at the billboard awards made her inspired for a new album! she made some connections for it!

Wow we've been getting a lot of her post MDNA and it's been only 5 months since the end of the tour. GLAAD Awards, Instagram and Secret Project teasing, MET Gala, Billboard, this concert event, DVD soon out etc .... I got a feeling we may be getting a new record/tour sooner than people think. We all know that with the next touring outing she'll outsell everything and everyone

Album next spring and tour starting late summer 2014 a la HC/Sticky

well, she has said that she wasn´t working on new music, which makes sense, madonna only appears on TV when she doesnñt have an album to sell

Nile Rogers has only said positive things about her all these years. It would be really interesting if they would work together again! I have no idea what it would sound like! :)

MADONNA has been signed up as the host of next month’s The Sound Of Change Live concert – which aims to put female empowerment centre stage.

It looks like she may be the main host of the event!