M's wiki photo is FINALLY updated

ryan

They should use this picture:

madonna.jpg?w=246

It's an agency photo, I don't think they'd allow anyone to use it.

The solution is simple - someone who attended an MDNA show and took a good photo with their own camera just needs to submit the photo to Wikipedia, surrender their rights to it and suggest that it be used as the main pic. That's how the current photo was chosen. All of the photos submitted were very "white" and the Wikipedia editor airbrushed sweat etc. out of the photo. There's no point complaining unless you have one to submit yourself, because the editors' hands are tied. andifeel at Madonnatribe took thousands of photos, many of which are stunningly good - he could submit any one of them to Wikipedia if he liked.

The solution is simple - someone who attended an MDNA show and took a good photo with their own camera just needs to submit the photo to Wikipedia, surrender their rights to it and suggest that it be used as the main pic. That's how the current photo was chosen. All of the photos submitted were very "white" and the Wikipedia editor airbrushed sweat etc. out of the photo. There's no point complaining unless you have one to submit yourself, because the editors' hands are tied. andifeel at Madonnatribe took thousands of photos, many of which are stunningly good - he could submit any one of them to Wikipedia if he liked.

People have offered numerous photos to use (beautiful ones) and some have even changed it themselves. But it keeps getting reverted back to the original ugly photo. There's a "consensus" on that wiki page that always turns down new photos.

There is no simple solution, unless you are the head editor of that wiki page.

You can't just change the main photo article yourself (there's a process to follow). Someone just needs to follow that process, get a heap of people to vote for their photo in the comments (so that there's sufficient documented support for the change which can't be buried) and Bob's your uncle :). If it involves a dozen people creating Wikipedia editor profiles to effect the change, then so be it :)

These were the options given to choose from:

449px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_6.jpg

449px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_11.jpg

450px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_19.jpg

449px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_24.jpg

450px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_27.jpg

449px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_17.jpg

450px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_21.jpg

449px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_35.jpg

The guy said they are all iconic. Really? What do you have to do to make they use one of the TRULY iconic pictures Hector took?

The guy said they are all iconic. Really? What do you have to do to make they use one of the TRULY iconic pictures Hector took?

Hector needs to submit them to Wikipedia and give them the right to use the photos.

These were the options given to choose from:

449px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_6.jpg

449px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_11.jpg

450px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_19.jpg

449px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_24.jpg

450px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_27.jpg

449px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_17.jpg

450px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_21.jpg

449px-Madonna_%C3%A0_Nice_35.jpg

The word iconic gets used too much. And to be honest, the pic chosen out this batch is the best. She looks bloody awful in the others. Old and gormless! The Vogue performance would have been the best but not from the shot above. :huh:

Wasn't there one guy who used to just keep changing it back?

Was he the one who changed it now?

'Legolas' was the person who always used to overwrite anyone else's changes and say it was vandalism if people didn't agree. Not sure if he's changed his name.

The word iconic gets used too much. And to be honest, the pic chosen out this batch is the best. She looks bloody awful in the others. Old and gormless! The Vogue performance would have been the best but not from the shot above. :huh:

I don't understand why she looks so awful and sweaty (although sweating while doing a show is inevitable), she doesn't look like that in any others from the rest of the tour

I don't understand why she looks so awful and sweaty (although sweating while doing a show is inevitable), she doesn't look like that in any others from the rest of the tour

cheap camera, and this was Nice it was right in the middle of summer.

Petition we get one of the photos of her doing Love Spent in lingerie and a full pelt in Mexico City

Hot weather.

Temperature in Nice that night was around 45C degrees and humidity at 90%

Plus dancing covered in leather of course

Just that

45C is 113 Fahrenheit

cheap camera, and this was Nice it was right in the middle of summer.

Petition we get one of the photos of her doing Love Spent in lingerie and a full pelt in Mexico City

Hot weather.

Temperature in Nice that night was around 45C degrees and humidity at 90%

Plus dancing covered in leather of course

Just that

45C is 113 Fahrenheit

Ah, fair enough

• 1 year later...

While exploring the archives, I came across that 1 year old topic (sorry for digging it up) and I must confess, I'm guilty of uploading these MDNA photos on Wiki.

Then update it with decent pictures and stop bumping old threads. Thanks.

Then if you have any decent picture, and which happens to be copyright-free, I'd be more than glad to upload it. Thanks.