Walking around on a cloud...

acko

Never been a fan of the song... The weakest link on Music.

It took me a while to figure out what song everyone is talking about.... "Runaway Lover" ? Ew, I just don't like it at all!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

wow Music had so many songs with potential to be singles! I really wonder why they stopped the promotion, was it because they wanted an hiatus before DAD? Was it only because Madonna got angry when Warner decided to release Amazing instead of Impressive Instant? Was it simply to annoy us????

Really?? I think it's far from it. I always found it to be her attempt at making Britney pop sounding track.

How? Britney was releasing R and B light, four to the floor and 'sexy' dribble lyrics and tight cut vocals.

Madonna was doing a fusion of acid house and psychadelic rock with romantic lyrics and dub elements to the vocal structure.

I don't get how this song is in any way similar to anything that Britney has ever done in her work whether you look before or after.

...Cuz every gurrl u meet just trips on u...

I'm really enjoying this right now...

I always thought this felt like a polished erotica track :inlove:

That's all.

*MORE SPIKE*

I've always loved that track and Music is lyrically beautiful in general

Oh the memories I was 16 when that came out :dramatic:

Guest Not4Pussies

Really?? I think it's far from it. I always found it to be her attempt at making Britney pop sounding track.

Britney?

Britney?

You don't think it's very commercial? I do. Maybe Britney is the wrong word, but in the US, Britney was the height in the pop realm. It just reminds me of the sound that was going on at the time in pop music.

My favorite song from Music, along with Impressive Instant! Killer tune!

It doesn't pay it doesn't pay, to give away to give away to give away... :drama:

I always loved it: strong musical structure and lyrics. Unfortunately I think it was simplified on a purpose (to fit with the rest of Mirwais monotone songs): if it was ROLified (=layered) it would ve been a heaven. Still, its one of the best songs on Music. The same goes for Amazing.

I really like the song. It sounds like it was written very quickly and spontaneously and she was inspired, it just flows like that.

I really like the song. It sounds like it was written very quickly and spontaneously and she was inspired, it just flows like that.

That's exactly what I love about it. A sense of intimacy, spontanaeity and simplicity.

I always loved it: strong musical structure and lyrics. Unfortunately I think it was simplified on a purpose (to fit with the rest of Mirwais monotone songs): if it was ROLified (=layered) it would ve been a heaven. Still, its one of the best songs on Music. The same goes for Amazing.

YES! I always thought it had much more potential and somehow the production starts good but the chorus is miwais-ed.

I'm a huge fan of this album. I used to think the weak tracks were "Runaway Lover," "Amazing," and "What It Feels Like for a Girl," but both this and "Amazing" have grown on me quite a bit over the years. Maybe it's the distance (wasn't crazy about her repeating the Orbit sound, but in retrospect, they're refreshing, especially after some of the junk she's churned out since then). I love her vocals on RL.