Do you remember it exists ?! lmaooo

Pressston

Yes, I like it more than the other cover to be honest.

Me too.

But for real this cover has been totally killed by the deluxe one, on the net, in the medias, everywhere.

Because M team said the deluxe one is the album they're promoting not the other one.

Guest Rachelle of London

When MDNA came out this was the version I saw in all the shops! It was weird! I could only find the Deluxe in HMV. Then about 6 months later, HMV were selling this one for £9.99 but the deluxe for £7 then the deluxe went down to £5 with this one remaining full price...what a shambles!

Guest bluejean

I think they deliberately picked the better cover for the deluxe version because that was technically the main version.

Guest bluejean

I'm surprised we've not seen more from this shoot. I love it but perhaps it was because so much post production was required.

I thought the photographer said the effect was from some glass or something, or its her reflection in something?

I thought the photographer said the effect was from some glass or something, or its her reflection in something?

I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

Or they took the printed photograph and put it behind the glass...

It's a beautiful effect that's not easy to replicate in Photoshop, especially when it looks that good and accurate. So because of that, I don't know why Bianco can't come out and say that he added the effect. But because he never did and did confirm that it was shot like that, I believe him.

I love both covers. The deluxe edition is def a step up. I don't know why you say it's "forgotten"... It's the first image on the wiki page (which people visit frequently) and it's still used on iTunes...

The standard cover image is quite lovely, but I don't think it works in a 4:4 ratio. If I saw it uncropped and on a poster, I would def buy it.

I love the standard cover of MDNA. The triangular silhouette of her pose, the downward tilt of her face, and the fact that her palms are facing outward totally remind me of Jesus's figure in The Last Supper, which is so appropriate considering MDNA is the album that reestablishes Madonna as THE popstar of all popstars. She is the Jesus and the other girls are her disciples. It's a great image and the colors used are perfection, but it doesn't top the ICONIC deluxe cover, which is her best mind you. :fag:

I remember this one, and like it better than the Deluxe too.

I got it in the mail about 12 times... I bought all the MDNA tix for everyone I went with! LOL,

I love the standard cover of MDNA. The triangular silhouette of her pose, the downward tilt of her face, and the fact that her palms are facing outward totally remind me of Jesus's figure in The Last Supper, which is so appropriate considering MDNA is the album that reestablishes Madonna as THE popstar of all popstars. She is the Jesus and the other girls are her disciples. It's a great image and the colors used are perfection, but it doesn't top the ICONIC deluxe cover, which is her best mind you. :fag:

If the "like" button worked, I would like this.

I prefer the standard over the deluxe - she kinda reminds me of Jesus on the deluxe cover and the red is so striking, while the deluxe cover is exciting but is ultimately just a glam shot.

I prefer the standard over the deluxe - she kinda reminds me of Jesus on the deluxe cover and the red is so striking, while the deluxe cover is exciting but is ultimately just a glam shot.

I think that's why a lot of people love it, cause glam shots have been absent on M's covers for a while.

If the "like" button worked, I would like this.

Thanks, boo.

The deluxe cover is just a glam shot on the surface, which is what makes it so smart. The dissecting and magnifying look of the cover is exactly what Madonna was doing in the MDNA era. Dissecting her own career and resurrecting the essence of a certain Madonna that had gone into hibernation during her marriage, which is only enhanced by the (brilliant) M "DNA" entendre of the album title. The era was full of "homages" to herself and the perfect deluxe cover and album title alluded to that.

Even her face in the photo has an aggressive attitude to it because she looks right at you with her head tilted up in this kinda tough/condescending/"the fuck you want?" manner that speaks volumes about the music the album houses.

I love it. I think it would've worked well for an I'm Addicted, Gang Bang or LoveSpent single cover.

Always thought that as the I'm Addicted single cover too! :thumbsup:

Always thought that as the I'm Addicted single cover too! :thumbsup:

Judging by the tease pic from Madonna the other day from the I'm Addicted dvd performance, they might've used a lot of those filters! Would be really cool.

OMG! Where's Lucky Guy?

The eye is closed, so it ain't all seeing.

Don't get that animal excited, no ones in the mood to tame him.