MDNA brand

about 1 year after the release of MDNA, I conclude that I still love the album and the tour. The era reminded me a lot of the after-erotica-era, that was the time i defended her a lot. a lot of people then and now after MDNA hated madonna and everything what she did and especially the press had so much negativ things to say.

anyway what i wanted to say is that the MDNA era stands out for me as a brand that can be worn and seen and heard everywhere and anytime. I have MDNA shirts, glasses, hats, watches, stickers, pretty a lot of stuff and this is what I love the era MDNA for : I can still have MDNA shirts and watches and whatever in 10 years, and I connect Madonna to this and not just the album MDNA. I believe MDNA is a brand that has been created.

MDNA for me means not only her latest record/ era, for me it is THE brand that has been there for 30 years now, the artist who I love the most.

anyway thank you

wtf am I writing, does anybody understand what I am trying to say here?

I think the MDNA concept had a lot of potential but they blew it. The fact that the tour wasn't even referred to as the MDNA tour for the few months was ridiculous. I think the show should have ended with I'm Addicted too and the 'MDNA' line being repeated over and over as it just screamed climax. The album was dead in the water after just two months and I doubt many casual fans could recall the album title now.

Great concept. Poor execution. The era was over in under a year!

I really don't like the word brand as it reminds me of an object on a shelf. I prefer Madonna artist. I want her to get out of this whirlwind if negativity and focus on Madonna the artist. I don't want all that other stuff.

what other 'stuff'?

Her art, her name, her image is a brand. It just is.

She did this era like all the others...the material was good...it just lacked a serious promotional and marketing strategy from the management end. that's all.

Overall, I loved it. Could have used a few stronger songs, and a seriously strong single with some innovative promotion...but other than that, at this point in her career, she focused on what she is known for - live touring. Her bread and butter, and where the money is in the industry now. Radio is not the end all be all for a woman at this point in her career and at her age, which, yes, is bullshit that's sadly out of her control. So she focused on what she does best. And The MDNA Tour is one of the best tours she has put on. I think the divorce and last decade was a turning point for her, and MDNA was about not just celebrating aspects of her identity (the self-references, etc.), but really re-discovering the essence of who she is, her personality, etc. The good girl is gone. Revolutionary, political, bitchy, unapologetic, take-no-prisoners Madonna woke up and came back.

I agree. If you can separate the "success" or lack or airplay/video play, the era really was a big retrospective of her entire career through the visuals, the songs off MDNA and everything about her image and the tour.

I love MDNA. It's a shame I really didn't buy much merch cause I didn't really like the quality of it.

I agree that MDNA works great as a brand. I don't think that diminishes the album or tour artistically. I just think that MDNA was a great name for various merchandise and as a label, more so than any other M album that I can think of.

The Confessions era lives on - you still see its influence in other people's work - videos, music, graphics etc. It was everything MDNA should be but won't.

Yes they could have built a better concept around the title MDNA and fleshed it out more to promote the album, but alas, her and her team decided that promo was a thing of the past. :lol:

Over a year later though and I really cant complain. I still listen to the album. For having no promo it was the 12th best selling album in the world in 2012 for crying out loud. Was it a MEGA hit on the level of Ray of Light/Music/and Confessions? No. But in todays world where even albums that score hits off them and are highly promoted barely sell as much I would hardly call MDNA a flop. She is still outselling most of the pop stars half her age without trying aside from a small few. And of course in my opinion the tour was one of her best and most creative.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yes they could have built a better concept around the title MDNA and fleshed it out more to promote the album, but alas, her and her team decided that promo was a thing of the past. :lol:

Over a year later though and I really cant complain. I still listen to the album. For having no promo it was the 12th best selling album in the world in 2012 for crying out loud. Was it a MEGA hit on the level of Ray of Light/Music/and Confessions? No. But in todays world where even albums that score hits off them and are highly promoted barely sell as much I would hardly call MDNA a flop. She is still outselling most of the pop stars half her age without trying aside from a small few. And of course in my opinion the tour was one of her best and most creative.

THIS!!!!!!!!!

again: people ask me sometimes "what is MDNA?" when seeing me wearing the wristband or the MDNA watch. sometimes I reply: well look it up, google it, sometimes I say: MDNA is AN attitude. It stands for everything Madonna said during her speech before Masterpiece in her show: freedom of any kind, equality of everyone, freedom of speech, respect each other and all that..so this is why MDNA is a brand to be shown everywhere. to be proud of:)

21st, wasn't it?

Guest Rachelle of London

omg Rihanna sold more and her album was released in November! shows how huge Rih is!

surprised that Gotye and Emeli Sande are so low, just shows all the hit singles in the world dont guarantee strong album sales

kRxg5o.png

OK. So mediatraffic.de have it at 21 and IFPI have it at 12 with IFPI representing the music industry worldwide so probably more reliable.

That is good news! Imagine if they'd picked better singles!