Did Madonna intimidate MJ?

drunkbysix

I remember when those tapes leaked of MJ talking really bad about madonna, but I've always truly thought madonna was intimidating towards him. I always felt like MJ only said those things because he was afraid of her personality. what do you think?

I have no doubt that he was bothered by Madonna's fame and her endurance in the industry. Judging from how Madonna speaks to her fans, I doubt she would want them to cry or faint over her. She's not Lady Gaga, after all.

He did want to duet with Madonna though in 1992. It may not have worked out, but he obviously recognized her power and did want to tap into it.

"i am not going to disneyland!" :lol:

he desperately sought out duets with both of his 80's contemporaries, Madonna and Prince. i'm sure in his mind he thought of them featuring on his album/turf as making him out to be the bigger star and both declined. that had to crush his ego a bit.

Guest bluejean

I think deep down Michael was a homosexual in the closet and Madonna probably could sense that and wanted to drag him out of the closet or at least push his buttons. That's why he was scared of her. I mean funny how she wanted him to go to strip bars where men dress as women and that bothered him so much. She also wanted him to cross dress in the 'In The Closet' video and he refused and that's why the project fell through.

MJ was not the brightest bulb let's be honest. That's why he went down the way he did, he wasn't as savvy as Madonna and was hyper sensitive. I don't think Madonna was truly mean to him, she just liked messing with people in a playful way. Pushing their buttons. Tbh I think most people would be intimidated by Madonna especially in the early 90's when her ego was at its peak.

MJ is absolutely paranoid & medicated here. His kingdom had fallen apart while Madonna was winning grammy's.

& we all know that freak was obsessed with stats, money, charts & awards.

Guest bluejean

That is true. I read his autobiography and from what I remember 1/2 of it was him talking about charts and awards :lol:

I think deep down Michael was a homosexual in the closet and Madonna probably could sense that and wanted to drag him out of the closet or at least push his buttons. That's why he was scared of her. I mean funny how she wanted him to go to strip bars where men dress as women and that bothered him so much. She also wanted him to cross dress in the 'In The Closet' video and he refused and that's why the project fell through.

MJ was not the brightest bulb let's be honest. That's why he went down the way he did, he wasn't as savvy as Madonna and was hyper sensitive. I don't think Madonna was truly mean to him, she just liked messing with people in a playful way. Pushing their buttons. Tbh I think most people would be intimidated by Madonna especially in the early 90's when her ego was at its peak.

I was thinking the same thing. Well said.

That is true. I read his autobiography and from what I remember 1/2 of it was him talking about charts and awards :lol:

The entire Jackson family is like that. Always quoting their own stats...

I don't think he was jealous at the time they met (the early 90s) because even though the media already started to turn their back on him, he was still very huge and just as succesfull as her.

It is quite possible though that at the time when that audio tape was recorded (the early 00s, I believe) he was jealous about her indeed because his star has definitely sunk a lot by then, so I can imagine him exaggerating and speaking badly about her because of jealousy.

However, I think the real reason why he talked badly about her is just his extreme sensitivity (and probably his insecurities about his sexuality as well, as someone already pointed out). It's obvious that Michael was VERY sensitive.