MadonnaNation.com Forums

9 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

An "A-"...from EW...must be good.

I'm going to wait for some other reviews. EW is like People Magazine now. 

5 hours ago, vocalism said:

Exactly. Slant's review (http://www.slantmagazine.com/music/review/kesha-rainbow) is much more realistic and less indulgent : "Like that album, Rainbow probably wouldn't pass the rhetorical test of critical objectivity: If this weren't a Kesha album, it's unlikely anyone would notice it. But while it might not be the discovery of a new talent, it's certainly the deepening of an existing one—another in a long line of female pop stars initially given limited creative and professional agency now intent on exploding the patriarchy."

38 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Exactly. Slant's review (http://www.slantmagazine.com/music/review/kesha-rainbow) is much more realistic and less indulgent : "Like that album, Rainbow probably wouldn't pass the rhetorical test of critical objectivity: If this weren't a Kesha album, it's unlikely anyone would notice it. But while it might not be the discovery of a new talent, it's certainly the deepening of an existing one—another in a long line of female pop stars initially given limited creative and professional agency now intent on exploding the patriarchy."

The best part about that review:

Rainbow boasts an authenticity—and a sense of unbridled fun—that pal Lady Gaga's recent Joanne lacks.  So True

7 hours ago, vocalism said:

1 hour ago, Martin B. said:

I stopped reading them years ago. I was under the impression they still hated everything.

Go Kesha! Seems everyone if not most people are truly rooting for her. Yes, she went through hell but the music is actually GOOD and Praying does seem to slowly but surely smashing organically w/OUT any gimmicks, 2 month discounts, front loaded shit, stupid demented faces and costumes etc.. Her entire demeanor now is very humble, non pretentious, likable and her body looks like a normal curvy woman. Praying sounds 10x better on radio and I think the 2 other songs the came out absolutely are hit worthy. Really curious to see the #s next week. I wouldn't be surprised if she over-performs. Dunno who she's competing against but would love it if she debuted at #1. 

Listening to the album right now and I really enjoy it. It is definitely not innovative, but that's not its purpose. You can feel she's doing what she wants and she does it really well. Just like I consider Bangerz to be the real beginning of Miley, I consider Rainbow to be Kesha's real first album. 

Recently saw Praying video on mtv2. 

in love with the new album. My favorite of the year so far. It's everything Joanne tried to be and failed miserably.

12 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

in love with the new album. My favorite of the year so far. It's everything Joanne tried to be and failed miserably.

:thumbsup: Thats what Ive been reading..everywhere. Its a very solid album with at least 3 or 4 potential solid hit singles! Possibly more. 

As expected, it is her best album so far, but critics are showing an excessive indulgence due to the events surrounding this album. Anyone would release the same album, we would not hear about it. 3/5

Can we talk about the amazing collabs in the album ? so satisfying album. a 8,5/10 by me

18 minutes ago, Jester said:

Can we talk about the amazing collabs in the album ? so satisfying album. a 8,5/10 by me

This is the best song on the album. when the Dap-Kings accompanies you, it's hard to miss the target.

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

:thumbsup: Thats what Ive been reading..everywhere. Its a very solid album with at least 3 or 4 potential solid hit singles! Possibly more. 

If they were smart they'd make Woman, Learn to Let Go and Hymn official singles and also release Haunt You Down and Let 'em Talk (two of my favorites). Rainbow (the song) could also work.

Edited by LHakaLH

Beyond obvious Woman and LTLG are future singles and either one would work next. Instant, catchy, different and anthemic. Love em both but Woman could possibly be massive. Is this expected to debut at #1? Any projections sales yet? 

The album would get a huge MEH if anyone else released it. But because it is Kesha, this is a great transformation for her and it's well done.

i think praying would have done well whether it was Kesha or not. The visuals those lyrics evoke are powerful. The broken strength in her voice really brings it home though.

1 hour ago, TRVC said:

The album would get a huge MEH if anyone else released it. But because it is Kesha, this is a great transformation for her and it's well done.

it's funny. I keep reading this like people can see other dimensions of reality where this album was released by somebody who's not Kesha and got ignored. It's like the show Fringe. 

I LOVE the Dolly duet!

fun fact: Dolly also has an album called Rainbow, and it's generally considered the worst of her 50 or so albums 

Wow love Praying!  Song and video!  

YAY for her.  She really was the one to go for a longer career from the bunch. Just like Pink was the long-standing one among the vapid princesses back then, Kesha was the talented one in the new group of Rihanna Katy and Gaga.  

Speaking of Gaga.... Is it me or this is the song and video that she would have loved to do??????  Instead of the silly songs she's been releasing for the past years????? 

I'm actually surprised with all the positive hype her #s (so far) aren't projected to be better. Have a feeling she may actually overperform by a bit. Looks like she'll get #1 though plus this album should positively have legs as there's 2 almost surefire hit singles coming. 

To be fair, she was considered done. The fact that she's having a positiv buzz and people are listening to the song is a big triumph for her. 

7 hours ago, karbatal said:

To be fair, she was considered done. The fact that she's having a positiv buzz and people are listening to the song is a big triumph for her. 

But she really wasn't. Last studio album had a Hot 100 #2 hit, and her Pitbull collab hit #1 in the US and basically everywhere afterwards. Sure Warrior wasn't a mega smash of an era for her but she's just been absent afterwards. Looks like it has worked in her favor.