Madonna at 2013 Billboard Music Awards

Guest groovyguy

Guest groovyguy

Madonna will be honored with the Top Touring Artist award at the upcoming Billboard Music Awards, an achievement earned by the worldwide success of her MDNA tour.

The sold out 88-date run was 2012′s top-grossing tour with $305 million. It’s the pop icon’s latest chart landmark in a career full of them, including records for Hot 100 top 10 singles (38 of her overall 56 Hot 100 hits) and Dance Club Songs No. 1s (43). Her “MDNA” album bowed at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 — her eighth trip to the penthouse — with sales of 359,000.

The 2013 Billboard Music Awards will air Sunday, May 19 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC, live from Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. “30 Rock” alum Tracy Morgan will host, with Don Mischer producing.

Madonna will take the stage to accept her award, with superstars from Prince to Taylor Swift to Lil Wayne set to perform. Other performers joining the ceremony include Nicki Minaj, Bruno Mars, Miguel, Justin Bieber, Pitbull, Christina Aguilera, Selena Gomez, the Band Perry, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Chris Brown, Ed Sheeran, Akon, Ne-Yo, David Guetta and Icona Pop.

Billboard Music Awards finalists were based on key fan interactions with music, including album and digital singles sales, radio airplay, touring, streaming and social interactions on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, VEVO, Spotify and other popular online destinations for music. These measurements were tracked year-round by Billboard and its data partners, including Nielsen Entertainment and Next Big Sound.

Source: Billboard

Guest groovyguy

Prince is going to give her the award? :1251:

No. He will perform and will receive the Billboard Icon Award.

Lasky, thank-you so much for posting this. One thing I always notice about Madonna is how sweet and somewhat humble she is when receiving awards. Look at the way she praised and acknowledged Tony Bennett. Pure class. Also, loved the comments about it always being about the music. As fans, we all know how great her music is and just how many classic songs and albums she has recorded. Loved that she accepted the award for her fans but did not sound one bit patronizing. She also looked beautiful. The crowd's genuine appreciation was also fantastic. Looking forward to her receiving the Billboard award this year.

Guest bluejean

I know she won't but I wish she would perform Girl Gone Wild from the tour. Or imagine Girl Gone Wild merging into Celebration :o

Girl Gone WIld, Gang Bang, Masterpiece, Love Spent.... I would take any performance! I miss her performances outside the tours so much!

Guest Rachelle of London

Like a Virgin/Love Spent would be good! She could show how she's changed it up and how much she's grown as an artist since she started!

Since is an award about her touring force they could do a montage video with all her tours and a special preview of the MDNA dvd/bluray!

Whoever watch this show will remember why she is MADONNA!

:wow: :wow: :wow:

I'd love GGW video style, coming up with all the hot guys and then going into the MDNA tour performance! Ugh I would just die.

Yeah.. but that would require dancers and she has none of these on her paycheck right now. Lav/Ls would be easier. She just need a piano player, Brahim could squeeze her. She wouldnt even need to rehearse. :lol:

But since this never gonna happen, we can dream whatever we want! :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

She always has Lil Buck and Speedylegz around her these days. I wonder if they're still contracted just in case of something, seems a bit odd though just having them two