MDNA Tour To Premiere On Epix June 22

Guest groovyguy

Guest groovyguy

EPIX and Madonna.com announced today that the Premium US network will premiere Madonna's MDNA tour - an EPIX Original Concert Event - on June 22 at 8:00 pm ET.

EPIX already premiered the Sticky & Sweet Tour Live in Buenos Aires TV special back in 2009.

One of the most spectacular and controversial extravaganzas of 2012, Madonna: the MDNA Tour was filmed primarily in Miami as well as other locations. The MDNA Tour was the most successful and highest grossing tour of 2012 and was seen by over 2.2 million Madonna fans during the course of the 88 sold-out shows around the globe. The concert includes performances of several of her biggest hits including "Vogue", "Like A Prayer" and "Hung Up." She also performs songs from her MDNA album including "Give Me All Your Luvin'," "Girl Gone Wild", "Gang Bang" and "Turn Up the Radio." The album debuted at No.1 in over 30 countries. Madonna, along with her seven member band, outstanding troupe of 27 dancers (all clothed in 1500 costumes) and state of the art visuals and sound electrified crowds around internationally with what the Material Girl termed "the hardest but most thrilling and challenging show I've ever done."

"My show is a journey... the journey of a soul from darkness to light. It is part cinematic musical theatre - part spectacle and sometimes intimate performance art. It is journey from anger to love and from chaos to order. There are good guys and bad guys to help illustrate this point. Sometimes I play both. It must be watched with an open heart from beginning to end. I am sure if it is viewed this way, you will walk away feeling inspired, invigorated and will want to make the world a better place." concluded Madonna in describing the show's intent.

EPIX CEO and President Mark Greenberg commented, "Madonna's stunning musical performance and show-stopping moves continue to prove that she is truly a timeless entertainer. We launched the EPIX network with Madonna's previous tour, Sticky and Sweet, premiering the concert the first night that EPIX was on air. We are very excited to have her back on the network."

The MDNA Show was directed by Danny Tull and Stephane Sennour. Tull has worked with Madonna editing previous shows and her feature film W.E.

Some reviews included:

“Would raise the roof if there were one… another ruthlessly enjoyable show” raved the London’s Sunday Times.

“…Madonna’s back with a vengeance…the Giorgio Moroder-racing “I’m Addicted” secures her crown – still sets the bar soaring…Madonna returns to defy the realms of possibility – our disco Messiah” commented MOJO.

EPIX, launched in 2009, is the first multiplatform premium network offering thousands of hit movies and special events featuring marquee talent for fans to view on television and across hundreds of Internet connected devices. For more information on the U.S. television premiere of Madonna: The MDNA Tour on EPIX, visit EpixHD.com/madonna-the-mdna-tour and follow http://twitter.com/EpixHD and https://www.facebook.com/EpixHD.

epix_501.jpg

Oh, I'm definitily hosting a premiere party: snacks, friends, dimmed lights, etc...

MY BIRTHDAY WOO HOOOO!!! Starting my golden 22nd birthday on the 22nd with a little MDNA!!

Wow, what a bday present! :inlove:

I'll be connecting my laptop to my HD tv via an hdmi cord. I want the full HD experience.

"I'm with my friends, we have our snacks on the table, television is turned up loud. We never miss halftime. Watch the game, watch all the commercials, and it's just.., what an event. And it's so much fun, every year I look forward to it." teehee

Guest Rachelle of London

I hope there will be an online stream of this Epix Channel! I'm gonna be SOOOO jealous of the Americans getting to watch this! Keep us updated folk!

I just wanna see Brahim and Marvin Gofin in HD! Oh Em Gee!

How long after airing on tv do the DVD/blurays take to be released?

We will get the torrent the morning after. Let me find a hack for you for watching Epix in OZ....

Edit - found it. Its the same here you need a VPN (false American account) if you are good on a PC you can do it for free, or you can hire one.

It wont let me copy/paste it here (and I dont want to get into trouble) but just google epix (AUSTRALIA) then VPN. You can go via someones US server. Its easier than it sounds. xxxx

I'm recording it onto a DVD or BluRay(if I can figure it out). My boyfriend has Epix, so if all else fails I'll just buy a DVD recorder and then rip the disc into my computer.

I'll upload it as soon as I can afterward. :-)

Thank God for that but can't someone on here ustream it for those that can't watch it as it airs or something? I can't cause I have a computer but I'm sure someone out could help out the euro fans celebrate the same night as us!

I'm recording it onto a DVD or BluRay(if I can figure it out). My boyfriend has Epix, so if all else fails I'll just buy a DVD recorder and then rip the disc into my computer.

I'll upload it as soon as I can afterward. :-)

:dramatic::clap:

hope it works :) thanks!!

:dramatic::clap:

hope it works :) thanks!!

No problem! We must ALL be able to discuss those shiny pants ;-)

Personally, I think they look great on her.

Oh Lord ( pun intended)...

we're getting the LMFAO pants which probably means the entire transgression section will be in them. I mean technically, if the DVD is a compilation of different dates, she could switch them up in a cool way but I don't see that happening. They don't look so bad, I suppose but the first really gave that kick ass look.

I think it was always tampered vocals. Even the Blackberry clips which were the first to be seen had the tampered vocals.