Secret Project

Camacho

Guest Rachelle of London

If this were just a Madonna project, the first we prob would've heard of it was at the MDNA Tour screening in NYC a couple weeks back. Imagine if we'd never heard anything about it and all we saw was that trailer with the "Secret Project" tag at the end.....now THAT would've been exciting.....and not to mention more in line with how Madonna would roll out a project. KLEIN on the other hand, apparently has been spending too much time with GagMe and feels the need to hype things up (what will end up being) nearly a year before it's actual release. I'm sure I'll be at the edge of my seat when it DOES finally roll out and I have to admit the trailer they showed at the MDNA screening did get me excited again.....for about 5 seconds.....but even now, it's just like.....WHO CARES at this point...lol....there is no way this is gonna live up to nearly a years worth of hype.

I agree

July 11, 2013

Madonna, Defend Paris Team Up for Human Rights Campaign

By JENNIFER MADISON

MADONNA PLAYING DEFENSE:

Madonna’s mystery video now has a name. The gritty dance/fashion film the singer shot with Steven Klein #secretproject video is part of a campaign to raise money for human rights causes through a new label inspired by old-school streetwear called Defend Paris. Madonna was among the first to wear a black and white screen-printed hoodie from its inaugural collection in May, featuring an assault rifle emblazoned in the center of the logo. The singer’s boyfriend, Brahim Zaibat, is among a group behind the label, a cloak and dagger operation that has promoted itself with imagery utilizing gun violence as a narrative. For now, the Paris-based designers wish to remain anonymous. But a spokesperson for the collective says Zaibat will appear in ad imagery on Defend’s newly-launched website, which includes a lookbook and e-store of black and white hoodies, sweatshirts, tank tops, T-shirts and hats. The items, made in France, retail for 25-55€. The spokesperson would not say if Madonna will be involved in the design process, although several high-profile figures are being lined up for collaborations, each choosing a charity they would like to “defend." Zachary Quinto will be among those designing collections and Chris Brown, Rihanna and Steve Aoki have also been seen wearing the brand. “Some of them will design Defend Paris clothing,” the spokesperson said, adding, “Some of them just loved the concept… and supported us.” Proceeds will be donated to a cause of each designer’s choice.

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/madonna-defend-paris-team-up-for-human-rights-campaign-7050583

http://shop.defendparis.fr/en/

That article is a hell of a mess and just plain confusing. Is The Sun even trustworthy to begin with?

The Sun is the most bullshit news around :lmao: Never believe a word they say.

July 11, 2013

Madonna, Defend Paris Team Up for Human Rights Campaign

By JENNIFER MADISON

MADONNA PLAYING DEFENSE:

Madonna’s mystery video now has a name. The gritty dance/fashion film the singer shot with Steven Klein #secretproject video is part of a campaign to raise money for human rights causes through a new label inspired by old-school streetwear called Defend Paris. Madonna was among the first to wear a black and white screen-printed hoodie from its inaugural collection in May, featuring an assault rifle emblazoned in the center of the logo. The singer’s boyfriend, Brahim Zaibat, is among a group behind the label, a cloak and dagger operation that has promoted itself with imagery utilizing gun violence as a narrative. For now, the Paris-based designers wish to remain anonymous. But a spokesperson for the collective says Zaibat will appear in ad imagery on Defend’s newly-launched website, which includes a lookbook and e-store of black and white hoodies, sweatshirts, tank tops, T-shirts and hats. The items, made in France, retail for 25-55€. The spokesperson would not say if Madonna will be involved in the design process, although several high-profile figures are being lined up for collaborations, each choosing a charity they would like to “defend." Zachary Quinto will be among those designing collections and Chris Brown, Rihanna and Steve Aoki have also been seen wearing the brand. “Some of them will design Defend Paris clothing,” the spokesperson said, adding, “Some of them just loved the concept… and supported us.” Proceeds will be donated to a cause of each designer’s choice.

http://www.wwd.com/f...ampaign-7050583

http://shop.defendparis.fr/en/

boring

Please tell me I didn't spend 6 + months waiting for a hoodie !!!

I'm pretty sure defend paris is a separate project.

Well if we are to go by that WWD article and (WWD is a very legit fashion industry source) this charity range is very much tied to this SP Klein photo/video installation and it's specified that other celebrities are taking part in the clothing venture

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/madonna-defend-paris-team-up-for-human-rights-campaign-7050583?module=Fashion-Fashion%20Scoops-main

The gritty dance/fashion film the singer shot with Steven Klein #secretproject video is part of a campaign to raise money for human rights causes through a new label inspired by old-school streetwear called Defend Paris
The items, made in France, retail for 25-55¤. The spokesperson would not say if Madonna will be involved in the design process, although several high-profile figures are being lined up for collaborations, each choosing a charity they would like to “defend." Zachary Quinto will be among those designing collections and Chris Brown, Rihanna and Steve Aoki have also been seen wearing the brand. “Some of them will design Defend Paris clothing,” the spokesperson said, adding, “Some of them just loved the concept… and supported us.” Proceeds will be donated to a cause of each designer’s choice

I am still happy that we're getting a couple of new M photoshoots (Bazaar and Klein's SP itself). I just wish that Klein hadn't hyped up this project so much and from the start. Some 8 fucking months ago. Then you find out it's tied to some tacky cheap hipster thsirt designed by Chris Brown?

It all sounds quite Gagaesque in terms of approach. Glad it's just a photoshoot she did right after she was on such a grand tour for 7 consecutive months. I hope though she doesn't go this route with her next studio album. One thing is to understand the logic behind NTP and understanding why Madonna has her hands in gyms perfumes etc. Another is fans having been teased for 8 months and then you find out it's about a tshirt designed by Chris Brown as a shout-out against violence towards women

Yes but, defend paris is a clothing line by Brahim, not Madonna. I highly doubt M and Steven would work on a photoshoot together for a clothing campaign done by her boyfriend.

If they were the same project, it doesn't make any sense for them to release the defend paris site and project now, when the secret project isn't even out yet...

I'm sure they have the same values and meanings, but I doubt they are the same project.

Plus wouldn't it make sense to wear the Defend Paris line in the secretproject photoshoot???

I just hope she doesnt ask people for money again. She's an artist. She CAN do more with her art. Sometimes making people think is more important than donating money. I'm sure she knows that.

Yes but, defend paris is a clothing line by Brahim, not Madonna. I highly doubt M and Steven would work on a photoshoot together for a clothing campaign done by her boyfriend.

If they were the same project, it doesn't make any sense for them to release the defend paris site and project now, when the secret project isn't even out yet...

I'm sure they have the same values and meanings, but I doubt they are the same project.

Plus wouldn't it make sense to wear the Defend Paris line in the secretproject photoshoot???

WWD basically says that the video installation will sell the clothing range

And it's obvious Madonna funded the line fronted by Brahim

He wouldn't have the means to fund such a venture, at least not all by himself

This sentence leaves little to speculation. It's pretty clear:

The gritty dance/fashion film the singer shot with Steven Klein #secretproject video is part of a campaign to raise money for human rights causes through a new label inspired by old-school streetwear called Defend Paris

And just a few weeks ago Madonna said she was planning the release and reveal of the secretproject, you really think she wanted to reveal it through announcing it on a news site with the launch of a clothing line?

If so, why is only one site talking about it?

Wouldn't there have been a press release already from Madonna?

And didn't a credible news source say the Epix broadcast of MDNA was a documentary and it was going to contain the rehearsal footage from the workshop?

Sounds to me like it's another case of misheard information.

And didn't a credible news source say the Epix broadcast of MDNA was a documentary and it was going to contain the rehearsal footage from the workshop?

Sounds to me like it's another case of misheard information.

I don't know could be

But WWD is a generally reliable publication. It's an industry offical thing. It's not The Sun or The Daily Mail. I think we're getting a nice new photoshoot but no doubt the hoods range and the violence depicted in the Klein film are thematically associated with each other

Guest Not4Pussies

I don't think its related either. What wwd seems to be a collection of rumors and celebrities who have been spotted with the hoodie.

Guest Rachelle of London

WWD basically says that the video installation will sell the clothing range

And it's obvious Madonna funded the line fronted by Brahim

He wouldn't have the means to fund such a venture, at least not all by himself

This sentence leaves little to speculation. It's pretty clear:

I get what you mean, but how do we know. Brahim was already an established dancer living in NYC when he met Madonna, we dont know his background, or personal business ventures, he has a sponsorship deal with Red Bull and probably through his links with Madonna met investors or people that could back him without her involvement. He comes across as someone that would try and establish something away from Madonna.

I dont think the SP has anything to do with the Defend Paris campaign at all. Or they wouldve launched them together. If DP had anything to do with Madonna it wouldve gotten a bigger launch and bigger exposure. i could see Material Girl having cute lil Defend Paris tees or vests onsale

Nothing besides an unexpected whole new album with an unexpected controversial book could really interest me by now (yes i'm looking to you Erotica). This secretcrap has been hyped for so long that some pages of a photoshoot for Harper's Bazaar to promote a clothing line and a short video with a japanese dancer can't impress us anymore.

By now we have been spoiled for years with daily leaks from past sessions that never meant to be released, so in a way her image alone has been devaluated a bit and they need to do much more to make that type of shock they want so badly.

I get what you mean, but how do we know. Brahim was already an established dancer living in NYC when he met Madonna, we dont know his background, or personal business ventures, he has a sponsorship deal with Red Bull and probably through his links with Madonna met investors or people that could back him without her involvement. He comes across as someone that would try and establish something away from Madonna.

I agree.

maybe focus less on the clothing and rather on the C H A R I T Y (if all this is true)

i think thats the point, so no matter what comes outta madonnas ass, everyone will kiss it in here....and then not buy the hoodie, LOL

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree.

I remember loads of people saying that Jesus was in it for the money, and it turns out he comes from a very wealthy Brazilian family...M picks her toyboys well! :chuckle: