Secret Project

Camacho

Maybe I missed the boat... but has anyone else yet brought up the visual similarity of this sequence in the trailer to the infamous naked Nazi ballet scene from Liliana Cavani's "The Night Porter?" I watched the movie again today and realized instantly where I had seen it before.

Yes, I noticed someone's YouTube comment on the trailer about the visual reference to The Night Porter -- so I ended up watching the movie on YouTube, as well. I pointed it out in this thread way back, I think? Or else in another thread ... but it doesn't matter. I don't think anybody else responded to that comment... so it's probably good that you mentioned it again. I think it just went unnoticed when I commented on it before.

It's funny, because someone recently re-posted that photography interview Madonna did in 1999 here on the forum (is the title Aperture? I'm forgetting just now)... I re-read most of it (maybe skimmed a little) and she mentioned The Night Porter in that interview. (Although, it almost sounded like she was saying it was a Visconti film?! Of course, as you said, it's Cavani. But perhaps it was just sort of connected in her head, said something about Visconti, and then asked the interviewer if he'd ever seen The Night Porter...)

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how strong an influence that film is on the rest of the content. Given her recent run-ins with Le Pen in France over accusations of modern Nazism, it makes me a little nervous to see her flirting with the concept even more -- this time in connection with Russian political figures.

I know she's always wanting to be provocative, and people criticized her for backing away during the American Life era, but I'm a little fearful for her and her family. Fortunately, M has more courage than me, though! Haha!

i've never heard of this film but after searching it i can totally see the connection plus madonna dressed as marlene dietrich at the mdna priemere and she sang Wenn ich mir was wünschen dürfte from the film.

Maybe they are waiting for us to post more clues or talk even more about the current trailer before releasing more, I love the trailer wouldn't even mind if that's all we get as the secret project

remember the rumor that madonna wanted to dress up in a niqab but the record company thought it was too controversial? ...what video was that for again?

The Sun (?) said it was for Superstar, but the general consensus on here was that if it was true it was going to be LS, BK or GB, I think.

The Sun (?) said it was for Superstar, but the general consensus on here was that if it was true it was going to be LS, BK or GB, I think.

:thumbsup:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4577183/madonna-ditches-terror-bride-costume-as-too-risky.html

“Madonna had the outfit ready to go. She was really proud of it and said it was her ‘Terror Bride’ costume.

“She had paraded around in it and said she was going to wear it in her next music video.

“At first when people started telling her it was madness she just brushed it off.

“But when they mentioned that her actions could put her life at risk she decided to ditch it from her video and certainly won’t be wearing it on stage.

“She was really disappointed as she was so adamant about it.

“And even when she said she wasn’t going to go ahead she winked that it was being put aside ‘for now’.”

The video clearly wasn’t intended for the track off her latest MDNA album I Don’t Give A ... as she obviously does.

She will now change the next video to the inoffensive track Superstar

This article says it was for "the next video" but doesn't say which song that would be, and says she would then shoot a video for Superstar.

I wonder if there was a plan to shoot a video for something. Gang Bang seems the logical choice given the strange ending to Turn Up the Radio

http://www.thesun.co...-too-risky.html

“Madonna had the outfit ready to go. She was really proud of it and said it was her ‘Terror Bride’ costume.

“She had paraded around in it and said she was going to wear it in her next music video.

“At first when people started telling her it was madness she just brushed it off.

“But when they mentioned that her actions could put her life at risk she decided to ditch it from her video and certainly won’t be wearing it on stage.

“She was really disappointed as she was so adamant about it.

“And even when she said she wasn’t going to go ahead she winked that it was being put aside ‘for now’.”

The video clearly wasn’t intended for the track off her latest MDNA album I Don’t Give A ... as she obviously does.

She will now change the next video to the inoffensive track Superstar

This article says it was for "the next video" but doesn't say which song that would be, and says she would then shoot a video for Superstar.

I wonder if there was a plan to shoot a video for something. Gang Bang seems the logical choice given the strange ending to Turn Up the Radio

Surely the 'Terror Bride' was the one she opened the show with? It was very similar to her gown for the marriage to Guy, it was in black and she was carrying a gun. I always thought they got mixed up.

That article is a hell of a mess and just plain confusing. Is The Sun even trustworthy to begin with?

In February 2006 it was the first newspaper which revealed Madonna would come to Prague later that year and nobody here believed it, because of the Sun's reputation. And then, the queen arrived. :laugh:

That article is a hell of a mess and just plain confusing. Is The Sun even trustworthy to begin with?

I think most small showbiz stories are just nicked off the internet although it's the first newspaper you would go to if you worked in the industry and had exclusive details. The Sun is actually one of the most reliable when it comes to big exposes - I think several big lawsuits which they've lost has made them improve their reliability. The Daily Mail is the worst for distorting information as they know people don't want to sue.

Cause it sounds like they were describing the opening veil, then go off to say it wasn't being used, yet it appears in the show. Maybe she wanted it in the GGW or TUTR video?

But the opening veil looks nothing like a traditional Muslim bridal costume. :dazed:

The Sun said it was traditional muslim bridal outfit but who's to say that was true? However, she could have substituted something more western for the opening of the show as it seems to fit the 'Terror Bride' idea or they just got it wrong.

Guest Rachelle of London

Instead of going through the pages, has the secret project revealed?

No. Just waffle from Steven Klein, basically were in the same position we were in back in December

This shit has been so played out, that at this point the revealing of this "secret project" better be nothing less than a prolonged and lasting peace treaty in the middle east and every nation agreeing to give up their nukes, and a solution for world hunger.

Something that will really WOW me for having to wait this long.

This shit has been so played out, that at this point the revealing of this "secret project" better be nothing less than a prolonged and lasting peace treaty in the middle east and every nation agreeing to give up their nukes, and a solution for world hunger.

:lmao:

I keep thinking this whole thing will just be some fierce demonna type video where she is a strong woman and kicks mens asses, Nothing more nothing less, hopefully i'm wrong.

hahahaha I think by now we're all waiting for something like that, it's been so long!

Are we ever going to be let in on this secret ? like E.V.E.R ?

If this were just a Madonna project, the first we prob would've heard of it was at the MDNA Tour screening in NYC a couple weeks back. Imagine if we'd never heard anything about it and all we saw was that trailer with the "Secret Project" tag at the end.....now THAT would've been exciting.....and not to mention more in line with how Madonna would roll out a project. KLEIN on the other hand, apparently has been spending too much time with GagMe and feels the need to hype things up (what will end up being) nearly a year before it's actual release. I'm sure I'll be at the edge of my seat when it DOES finally roll out and I have to admit the trailer they showed at the MDNA screening did get me excited again.....for about 5 seconds.....but even now, it's just like.....WHO CARES at this point...lol....there is no way this is gonna live up to nearly a years worth of hype.

yes this is so Gaga Territory that makes me cringe with horror...what was she thinking?!!?..I know It was more Steven Klein than her hyping this thing but still, she had a lot to do with it so it's really odd and not so pleasant it's taking so much time...nevermind