Madonna : A Transformational Exhibit

Mensch

I can't remember if this was already posted cause I see so many things on news sites, Facebook, twitter and MNation but I didn't see it on the first page of the general section so I'm posting only cause I'm going today and I'm excited and wanted to share if it wasn't before!

W Hotels Worldwide and vitaminwater, in partnership with Rock Paper Photo, announced MADONNA: A Transformational Exhibition. The exclusive traveling, multi-media exhibition features never-before-seen photographs of the music and fashion legend’s iconic 1980s street style shot by celebrated photographers Richard Corman and George DuBose. Debuting this evening at W Mexico City, the exhibit, which combines music, photography and pop culture, will be transformed during the launch event by famed New York City street artist Alec Monopoly with his signature style.

MADONNA: A Transformational Exhibition will debut at W Mexico City on September 20 and make month-long stops at W Singapore – Sentosa Cove on October 20, W Paris – Opera on November 14 and W Bangkok, W Hong Kong and W New York – Times Square later this year.

Vincent Gillet, Global Brand Leader, W Hotels and Le Méridien said…

We are delighted to partner with vitaminwater and Rock Paper Photo on this exclusive exhibition that celebrates music and fashion, two of the W brand’s core passions. Madonna is one of the industry’s biggest icons, and through this innovative partnership, we’re able to create a truly exclusive experience that gives our jet-setting guests insider access to never-been-seen-before photographs of the Queen of Pop.

Rodolfo Echeverria, vice president of global active lifestyle beverages, Coca-Cola added…

This incredible exhibition personifies style, cachet and personality – a perfect fit what we stand for as a brand. We’re thrilled to partner with W Hotels and Rock Paper Photo to give our drinkers around the globe an intimate peek at one of the greatest pop stars of our time.

As part of the exhibition, Rock Paper Photo together with Corman, who has photographed the likes of Nelson Mandela, Kurt Vonnegut, and Keith Haring, will reveal never-before-seen portraits of Madonna shot in New York City, also the birthplace of W Hotels. Featuring the music icon’s signature 80s street style, this is the first time that several of Corman’s photographs will be revealed to the public. The photographs have been curated by Rock Paper Photo, the ultimate online fine art photography gallery, founded by Live Nation Entertainment and Madonna’s longtime manager, Guy Oseary.

Photographer Richard Corman said…

Madonna was an Original. No one at that time had the look, the talent and the relentless attitude and fortitude to move her style forward at all costs. These images [represent] her fearlessness and charismatic bravado that to this day credits her with changing the course of Pop Culture.

W Hotels and vitaminwater will travel the exhibition to select W Hotels around the world starting with W Mexico City on September 20. At each stop along the global tour, New York City street artist Alec Monopoly will transform the photos live using his graffiti style artistry. Featuring his signature ‘Monopoly Man’ tag, Monopoly will utilize colors that mirror the vibrancy of vitaminwater’s robust flavors while bringing to life the 24/7 nature of W Hotels.

http://www.whotelsnewyork.com/madonnaphotos