Gwyneth on Madonna

Stranger

Why were these two ever friends? From the outside...it just doesn't make sense to me...they couldn't be any more different.

Sometimes I wonder... when I look at the Madonna of the early 80s into the mid-90s, I just don't see her being friends with a Gwyneth Paltrow-type...in fact, in those days, I see her as the target of some smart, bitchy comment from Madonna.

But then there's the Madonna after having a kid, being with and marrying Guy, becoming the mild-mannered British housewife, etc...and it's literally like seeing a whole other person. "Gwynny"...really, WTF?

I am NOT saying people can't grow and change... just that the two versions of Madonna are so different, that now - since the divorce and friendship failings...and the return of rebellious, bitchy, IDGAF Madonna - I look back and go...was it really just natural growth/change, or more so trying to fit the mold and play the role of the 'good girl', the 'wife'? MDNA starts to make a hell of a lot more sense...

Why were these two ever friends? From the outside...it just doesn't make sense to me...they couldn't be any more different.

Sometimes I wonder... when I look at the Madonna of the early 80s into the mid-90s, I just don't see her being friends with a Gwyneth Paltrow-type...in fact, in those days, I see her as the target of some smart, bitchy comment from Madonna.

But then there's the Madonna after having a kid, being with and marrying Guy, becoming the mild-mannered British housewife, etc...and it's literally like seeing a whole other person. "Gwynny"...really, WTF?

I am NOT saying people can't grow and change... just that the two versions of Madonna are so different, that now - since the divorce and friendship failings...and the return of rebellious, bitchy, IDGAF Madonna - I look back and go...was it really just natural growth/change, or more so trying to fit the mold and play the role of the 'good girl', the 'wife'? MDNA starts to make a hell of a lot more sense...

I've thought the exact same things and I feel like MDNA pretty much confirmed them. It's not that she wasn't fabulous during the Ritchie years because she was! It's just like you said though, it was like a totally different person than the Madonna up until the mid 90's. I always felt like she was being uncharacteristically reserved during the Ritchie years but I do think it was all a natural change though. It seems like genuinely wanted to be the "good girl" and wife and was truly trying to be that woman. I have to say though, I do feel like she's more open and free now.....and not because she started pulling out her tits again, it's just in general she seems so much more carefree and relaxed. Even on stage with the past 2 tours, she's been more balls to the wall like her 80's-90's tours than she was during the British Housewife era.

she swallowed her light and in the dark didn't see who gwyneth really was....

Gwen should be best friends with Ms Beyounce as both are known thiefs. My reasons for disliking stick insect ( not hating) and in no particular order are:

Poor wynonna Ryder having the script to Shakespeare in love stolen by that wench who then goes on to win an Oscar for a sub poor performance.

Her stupid crying at the oscars, should have won an Oscar for this instead of SIL

Ms Cate Blanchette was robbed by that wench

Her stupid website, and generally thieved ideas promoted on the website

Poor wyonna ryder.

Her association with that stupid Tracey wench who gave Madonna her worst look ever- no one wants to fuck skinny grand ma pussy.

Poor Wyonna Ryder, who I could so see as Madonna's BFF, include Juliette Lewis and then call themselves Hearhers;)

I've been hearing int he press that Gwyneth topped the list of "most Hated Celebrities".....guess she just rubs people the wrong way.....

Guest Rachelle of London

Gwen should be best friends with Ms Beyounce as both are known thiefs. My reasons for disliking stick insect ( not hating) and in no particular order are:

Poor wynonna Ryder having the script to Shakespeare in love stolen by that wench who then goes on to win an Oscar for a sub poor performance.

Her stupid crying at the oscars, should have won an Oscar for this instead of SIL

Ms Cate Blanchette was robbed by that wench

Her stupid website, and generally thieved ideas promoted on the website

Poor wyonna ryder.

Her association with that stupid Tracey wench who gave Madonna her worst look ever- no one wants to fuck skinny grand ma pussy.

Poor Wyonna Ryder, who I could so see as Madonna's BFF, include Juliette Lewis and then call themselves Hearhers;)

hahaha you're calling Gwyneth a thief yet praising klepto Winona! hahahaah

Guest Rachelle of London

I've always said that Gwyneth tries too hard to seem to be "nice" I bet behind the scenes shes a super bitch...

The press are trying to now make Gwyneth's jokey comments about Madonna as a show-down ! Talk about an over-reaction. It is obvious they are no longer friends but Gwyneth handled that question by that interviewer pretty well. Neither seem to talk about their friendship cooling off or whatever.

Ivy, Gwyneth did become best friends with Beyonce. She actually said she based her Country Strong performance around watching Beyonce and said that Bey was the most talented woman in the world :mellow: She also talked about Beyonce and Jay Z constantly in magazine interviews for about 2 years and raved about what a great friend Beyonce was. I have not heard her mention her lately. I wonder if they have also fallen out ?

They become friends when Madonna felt sorry for Gwyn when the nude photos of her and Brad were released and Gwyn felt violated. Madonna reached out to Gwyneth and helped her cope. They have always seemed so different though.

Guest Rachelle of London

Gwyneth was at the MDNA show in London, wasn't she? I never saw her but I heard she was there