Gwyneth on Madonna

Stranger

Why were these two ever friends? From the outside...it just doesn't make sense to me...they couldn't be any more different.

Sometimes I wonder... when I look at the Madonna of the early 80s into the mid-90s, I just don't see her being friends with a Gwyneth Paltrow-type...in fact, in those days, I see her as the target of some smart, bitchy comment from Madonna.

But then there's the Madonna after having a kid, being with and marrying Guy, becoming the mild-mannered British housewife, etc...and it's literally like seeing a whole other person. "Gwynny"...really, WTF?

I am NOT saying people can't grow and change... just that the two versions of Madonna are so different, that now - since the divorce and friendship failings...and the return of rebellious, bitchy, IDGAF Madonna - I look back and go...was it really just natural growth/change, or more so trying to fit the mold and play the role of the 'good girl', the 'wife'? MDNA starts to make a hell of a lot more sense...

So many people consider 'Hard Candy' to be Madonna's divorce album, even after MDNA came out (Rolling Stone, Spin, People, etc..) To me, MDNA is the ultimate DIVORCE album. The anger, pain, anguish, regret & hurt are so on the surface. How so many miss that, I don't understand.

Oh wait, this is a thread on Gwyneth. :huh:

Ivy, Gwyneth did become best friends with Beyonce. She actually said she based her Country Strong performance around watching Beyonce and said that Bey was the most talented woman in the world :mellow:/> She also talked about Beyonce and Jay Z constantly in magazine interviews for about 2 years and raved about what a great friend Beyonce was. I have not heard her mention her lately. I wonder if they have also fallen out

Sounds like the same crap she pulled with Madonna and Guy.

She sounds like a user...someone who latches onto a big name to stay relevant and seem important just because she's "friends" with a big mega-star...and then she moves onto the next...

So many people consider 'Hard Candy' to be Madonna's divorce album, even after MDNA came out (Rolling Stone, Spin, People, etc..) To me, MDNA is the ultimate DIVORCE album. The anger, pain, anguish, regret & hurt are so on the surface. How so many miss that, I don't understand.

Oh wait, this is a thread on Gwyneth. :huh:/>

Absolutely.

I think Hard Candy is the beginning of the end of the 'marriage' era of her life...the need to break free, dance like there's no tomorrow to escape the hell in the moment (the pending divorce).

MDNA is the aftermath...the reflection of all the festering pain, anger, rage, etc. of not just her marriage...but that whole time of her life (finding the man, marriage, babies, friendships ("Gwynny", etc.), being the British housewife, being the "good girl" wife, etc.)...to look back at it with a slightly sentimental but ultimately critical eye, take the piss out of it, light it on fire, give it the finger, and walk away.

And that's why I find the title "MDNA" so great. Not just as a cheeky take on the drug reference, or a statement of a woman in her 50s still sexy and provocative that can dance circles around her 20-something contemporaries...and that the album (and the tour), not only celebrate aspects of her "DNA" or identity...but what it is ultimately about is her re-discovering the REAL aspects of who she has been all along...those that took a backseat and were toned down during the marriage life, but that ultimately have come back to surface (hence why the tour and interviews felt so 'Blond Ambition' all over again).

For me it is purely a superficial dislike.

Her phyiscal appearance just annoys me. I can't pin-point why exactly.

Oh and she became more unlikeable when she named her daughter Apple. WTF. I bet she regrets that since the take-off of iPhones and iPads.

I think she can act quite well though.

Jazzy, why does not that surprise me that her and Bey were once friends, probably sat around having one of Gwenny's glut ten free, soy lite, macro organic, dried, steamed and pickled apricot muffins discussing who they can steal from next.

I also think that she is just so vanilla, and married to a man whose band is also just so vanilla, and she probably adds vanilla to her apricot muffins. There really is just nothing to like about the woman ( but I also think most hated is a bit harsh)

Guest Rachelle of London

Beyonce and Gwyneth are very close friends becuase they live in the same apartment building in Tribeca. Chris and Gwyneth were even at Bey and Jay's wedding

Jazzy, why does not that surprise me that her and Bey were once friends, probably sat around having one of Gwenny's glut ten free, soy lite, macro organic, dried, steamed and pickled apricot muffins discussing who they can steal from next.

I also think that she is just so vanilla, and married to a man whose band is also just so vanilla, and she probably adds vanilla to her apricot muffins. There really is just nothing to like about the woman ( but I also think most hated is a bit harsh)

Ivy, so true. You are being a bit harsh on vanilla though. Let's face it, vanilla slices are much more interesting than Gwyneth. :laugh:

IMG_0208.jpg

Beyonce and Gwyneth are very close friends becuase they live in the same apartment building in Tribeca. Chris and Gwyneth were even at Bey and Jay's wedding

I was watching some concert where Coldplay was performing and they showed B and Jay in the audience.

Hard Candy is a divorce album.

I will reiterate this.

Hard Candy is The Divorce Album Part 1. Introspection of the feelings about the beginning of the end. MDNA is The Divorce Album Part 2. Reflections on who she was and what she did during the marriage. Es muy simple.

Gwenyth is a nothing tbh. Her acting is okay at best, but as a celebrity, she isn't much of one.

Guest Rachelle of London

I will reiterate this.

Hard Candy is The Divorce Album Part 1. Introspection of the feelings about the beginning of the end. MDNA is The Divorce Album Part 2. Reflections on who she was and what she did during the marriage. Es muy simple.

Gwenyth is a nothing tbh. Her acting is okay at best, but as a celebrity, she isn't much of one.

+1

Gwen should be best friends with Ms Beyounce as both are known thiefs. My reasons for disliking stick insect ( not hating) and in no particular order are:

Poor wynonna Ryder having the script to Shakespeare in love stolen by that wench who then goes on to win an Oscar for a sub poor performance.

Her stupid crying at the oscars, should have won an Oscar for this instead of SIL

Ms Cate Blanchette was robbed by that wench

Her stupid website, and generally thieved ideas promoted on the website

Poor wyonna ryder.

Her association with that stupid Tracey wench who gave Madonna her worst look ever- no one wants to fuck skinny grand ma pussy.

Poor Wyonna Ryder, who I could so see as Madonna's BFF, include Juliette Lewis and then call themselves Hearhers;)

:lmao: and :clap: