I wish She would make another Ray Of Light

Guest rocketman

But Solveigh is a HUGE name in his genre of music, perhaps not a star in the US, but he's

had successful solo work and quite the opposite of a not well known producer.

I think she should cut the DJ bullshit, it's 2 easy 4 her...she can do that stuff with her eyes

closed...she needs 2 b challenged once again so she's forced 2 change her work method.

We need POP MADONNA back, simply as that. I'm personally over with the dance/disco queen. She can be electronic and pop and not DANCE. Frozen is a great example of what she can do.

Still MDNA came with rather weak material and that's what bothers me the most. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate some lyrics (esp. on Falling Free - brilliant). But the melodies/harmonies on MDNA left much to be desired. It has some nice tunes here and there, but that's it. Nothing memorable and strong. Well, of course I can only speak for myself, but that's what I'm missing the most in her work since Confessions On A Dancefloor. So that was not pretty much everything the fans wanted.

Yeah, but the point is, "on paper" she seemed to do everything the fans (Ray Of Lighters) were clamoring for after Hard Candy.....yet it still didn't satisfy. MDNA is certainly not as "textured" as ROL and I can see what Orbit means to an extent because I feel like MDNA could've been more cohesive. Lyrically though, the best of MDNA tramples over the best of ROL. Maybe it's because I like the subject matter of the best of the MDNA songs more than the Kaballah drenched, new age, spirituality of ROL.....I say this and ROL is prob my fave album by her. Overall, ROL feels more like an album, a complete listening experience to immerse yourself in, it's very atmospheric. MDNA is like ROL's not quite as sophisticated, A.D.D. cousin. :)

But Solveigh is a HUGE name in his genre of music, perhaps not a star in the US, but he's

had successful solo work and quite the opposite of a not well known producer.

I think she should cut the DJ bullshit, it's 2 easy 4 her...she can do that stuff with her eyes

closed...she needs 2 b challenged once again so she's forced 2 change her work method.

Yes, but wasn't William Orbit just as big of a name in his genre by the time she enlisted him for ROL? It just seems like he's always cited by fans and the press as one of the "underground" producers she discovered yet he had been doing remixes (for her among others) and his own albums for years before working with M on a full album. It seems like it's almost impossible for her to find "underground" producers these days as everything is so available. Anybody she would find to work with I'm sure could be easily Googled and YouTubed and it seems once that happens fans no longer consider them "underground". Sometimes I miss the days when we didn't know anything. Remember turning on the radio and just hearing a new Madonna song you had NO CLUE about?? Yeah....that will probably never happen again! lol

I'm ready for something more organic from her. Some real instruments and real musicians would be great. I'm really hoping Falling Free, Love Spent, the MDNA version of LAV are all musical "hints" for the next era.

I'm not myself when you're around

Jesus Christ will you look at me

Don't know who I'm suppose to be

I don't really know if I should

Give a damn / When you're around

I don't know who I am

I wouldn't exactly say she followed a certain trend with MDNA, but she certainly didn't create a new one. I really miss those times where M reinvented herself for basically every album. I mean, every era up to Confessions was so different from each other, music-wise and look-wise. You didn't know what she would come up with next.

Even though MDNA is a good album, the album and era didn't have a real theme. There was nothing unique about the album's sound which stood out from other music releases. I understand that after a 30 year-long career, it's certainly harder for her to find a new look and theme, but in the end, that's why Madonna's so appreciated by many and why I'm also such a huge fan of her - her constant reinventions in music and looks.

Not true. She said specifically it was about bringing back fun to music hence GMAYL, Superstar, TUTR.

Are you kidding me? This was as real as Madonna ever was. Ray of Light represented Madonna's past, present and future. It didn't sound dated when it came out and it won't sound dated in 20 years. No one has ever done something comparable to ROL and no one will ever do!

I do appreciate your opinion, though. If you think ROL sounds dated, that's your opinion and your free to express it. What do you think would be the album that show us the real Madonna, then?

" This was as real as Madonna ever was."

Just no.

Real Madonna? Madonna, You Can Dance, Im Breathless, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Music, Hard Candy, MDNA. Thats it.

Not the spiritual, Hindu, Buddist, Kaballah, ABBA, English Mother Malawi Esther Richie shit.

" This was as real as Madonna ever was."

Just no.

Real Madonna? Madonna, You Can Dance, Im Breathless, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Music, Hard Candy, MDNA. Thats it.

Not the spiritual, Hindu, Buddist, Kaballah, ABBA, English Mother Malawi Esther Richie shit.

YOUR real Madonna. Not necessarily hers.

Guest Rachelle of London

I know...how are we going to know who the real Madonna is! She obviously has many aspects to her personality, she's seen and done a lot of things.

" This was as real as Madonna ever was." Just no. Real Madonna? Madonna, You Can Dance, Im Breathless, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Music, Hard Candy, MDNA. Thats it. Not the spiritual, Hindu, Buddist, Kaballah, ABBA, English Mother Malawi Esther Richie shit.

So, I guess you're not a big fan of ROL, then...too bad.

^^ Exactly... What is this nonsense about a "real Madonna" anyway? She's real, trust me.
I know...how are we going to know who the real Madonna is! She obviously has many aspects to her personality, she's seen and done a lot of things.

This. The real Madonna is the Madonna, we know. The Madonna that constantly changes and tries out new things...this is an important part of her character. She's a chameleon. Every album reflects a phase in her life and how she felt during that time.

Honestly, I've heard quite a few people that share the gist of what dollhouse is saying. You have to admit, to someone who was a fan when she first hit the scene on through the Erotica years, the ROL "New Age", calling herself Esther and speaking with a British accent Madonna DOES seem fake. Perhaps a bit try hard, desperate to be seen as a mature, all grown up, "real artist". Meanwhile, some of the "ray of lighters" see the party song singing, titty showing, cheek sporting, with a 20 year old on her arm Madonna of today as a little fake. Perhaps a bit try hard and desperate to be seen as youthful and current. Really though, all of them are the "real Madonna" and represent who she was/is at the time. But the Madonna of now is certainly more in line with the "original Madonna".

To me the so called Real Madonna is always there. Look at her entire life. She was an A grade student at school that was respected and loved by her teachers. She was also a rebel who had a thirst for art and knowledge. Her image, music, attitude and circumstances have changed continually throughout her career. While I consider her to be the greatest "pop star" of all time, she is just so much more than that as well. It is what also makes her so fascinating. I love the fact that she changes so much but I still always see the same woman in every different image change and music change.

Guest Rachelle of London

The real Madonna is on TFA, LAV, TB, LAP, Erotica, BS, ROL, Music, AL, COADF and MDNA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FightingSpirit as much as you detest Hard Candy you cannot say that Madonna is not represented in that album, HC has her most profound and personal lyrics

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FightingSpirit as much as you detest Hard Candy you cannot say that Madonna is not represented in that album, HC has her most profound and personal lyrics

Everyone knows that. They fight it, but they know it to be true, deep down. HC is THE Madonna album of the 2000-2010 era lyrically, musically, visually... I'm glad she ended the decade with a proper comeback to her funky/ spunky ways :wow:

M-Dolla >>> Veronica Electronica, Esther & especially ABBAdonna.

The real Madonna is on TFA, LAV, TB, LAP, Erotica, BS, ROL, Music, AL, COADF and MDNA.

Not only did you diss HC but YCD, IC, IB, C and WTG. BITCH.

With Gang Bang i instantly felt that "new" path where she could explore. Before hearing Gang Bang for the first time i dont remember when was the last time i was so impressed by her actual music. Of course that by now after hearing Gang Bang for a bilion times im totally used to it but at the time it felt really fresh. She should step out of the usual formulas and twist her sounds, vocals and lyrics to create something really inovative.

Everyone knows that. They fight it, but they know it to be true, deep down. HC is THE Madonna album of the 2000-2010 era lyrically, musically, visually... I'm glad she ended the decade with a proper comeback to her funky/ spunky ways :wow:

M-Dolla >>> Veronica Electronica, Esther & especially ABBAdonna.

Okay, I like HC but this going a little too far, don't you think? :D