I wish She would make another Ray Of Light

Guest rocketman

Guest Rachelle of London

dubstep, what the hell is that?

It is a genre of electronic music, very underground. Was around in the 90s but made a resurgence in the late 00s. Gang Bang has strong elements of dubstep in it...the 3rd verse in particular.

Who was that DJ that was criticising Madonna for doing dubstep on MDNA? I cant remember now...was it that Deadmouse fool?

I wouldn't exactly say she followed a certain trend with MDNA, but she certainly didn't create a new one. I really miss those times where M reinvented herself for basically every album. I mean, every era up to Confessions was so different from each other, music-wise and look-wise. You didn't know what she would come up with next.

Even though MDNA is a good album, the album and era didn't have a real theme. There was nothing unique about the album's sound which stood out from other music releases. I understand that after a 30 year-long career, it's certainly harder for her to find a new look and theme, but in the end, that's why Madonna's so appreciated by many and why I'm also such a huge fan of her - her constant reinventions in music and looks.

Guest Rachelle of London

I think the theme of MDNA was incorporating all her previous sounds on one album, I think it was quite cool to mark her 30th anniversary with

I wouldn't exactly say she followed a certain trend with MDNA, but she certainly didn't create a new one. I really miss those times where M reinvented herself for basically every album. I mean, every era up to Confessions was so different from each other, music-wise and look-wise. You didn't know what she would come up with next.

Even though MDNA is a good album, the album and era didn't have a real theme. There was nothing unique about the album's sound which stood out from other music releases. I understand that after a 30 year-long career, it's certainly harder for her to find a new look and theme, but in the end, that's why Madonna's so appreciated by many and why I'm also such a huge fan of her - her constant reinventions in music and looks.

What's interesting with M's "reinventions" as they are dubbed by the press are never forced like they seem to be with all the other popstars who do it. It always feels like she is just exagerrating the way she feels in her life at the time: the music, lyrical content, visual persona all come very much from the heart. I think that's why Hard Candy seemed so... whatever it was, because of her emotional turmoil she didn't really know where she was emotionally. The MDNA situation though is different: I think she knew where she stood and it showed on the album: the woman scorned, popstar criticised, middle aged bitch - Blond Ambition at 50. But for a number of reasons she suppressed it for the first time ever and created a persona, this silly happy pop godmother.

Guest Not4Pussies

i dont get why people criticized Madonna for using a bit of dubstep for GB.

that she was jumping on to the trend. how come no one said the same thing about Bjork when

she came out with Crystalline?

same thing happened when M worked with Timbaland, that she was jumping on the bandwagon

Bjork worked with Timbaland too for Volta and it was declared a stroke of genius

but Madonna does it and she is following trends, she's desperate, etc.

dont like that Madonna always gets criticized for something that everybody else is doing.

and dont get me wrong, I love me some Bjork, a loooot!

and i agree with Chelle, I want M to reinvent herself fully, get really inspired for a new album.

stop listening to guy o!!! and go with your gut instinct like u did with GB

if Love Spent and GB are blue prints for the next album, i welcome it.

i want Jean Baptiste to work with her again. he's working on the new Britney album by the way!

Guest Rachelle of London

Her next album is gonna be breathtaking and be considered her greatest work by critics and the public...mark my words...never underestimate the Ciccone

i dont get why people criticized Madonna for using a bit of dubstep for GB.

that she was jumping on to the trend. how come no one said the same thing about Bjork when

she came out with Crystalline?

same thing happened when M worked with Timbaland, that she was jumping on the bandwagon

Bjork worked with Timbaland too for Volta and it was declared a stroke of genius

but Madonna does it and she is following trends, she's desperate, etc.

dont like that Madonna always gets criticized for something that everybody else is doing.

and dont get me wrong, I love me some Bjork, a loooot!

Bjork's voice is distinctive rendering everyone else to vocally blend in the same genre. Bjork's engineer and her augmented Timbaland's tracks. Madonna outside of lyric and performance changes left the tracks unaltered and dated on arrival.

Guest Not4Pussies

Her next album is gonna be breathtaking and be considered her greatest work by critics and the public...mark my words...never underestimate the Ciccone

i really hope so chelle, i really hope so.

cuz isnt that what was said before HC was released and MDNA as well?

is time for her to change it up!

I don't like the idea of an artist making a "new" or "part 2" version of a particular album. It just seems desperate and pointless. Especially for someone like M who constantly re-invents/evolves just to...revert? Nah. I would however like a new transformation. The Hard Candy/MDNA looks have slightly differed but had many similarities too. I think a new look and sound would be great. Something maybe different from what she's done in a while. I really don't want another dance-ish album.

Weeks back when she was rocking that dark old-Hollywood style wig and outfit- I liked that. Not that it's necessarily what I think she should do, but it was a cool idea.

Those 3 seem like the Holy Trinity of M albums, but I prefer the albums that followed, best; Erotica, Music, Hard Candy. She's been on an electronic for over a decade now (though 2008 was much needed break). If anything, I say she hit us with something jazzy/ blues-inspired for the next incarnation.

You're probably the greatest defender of HC on this whole board! Hahaha it's good that there is at least one, though, becuase the album gets a lot of hate from M fans. I tink HC was Madonna's biggest re-invention after AL. She tried something new and experimented a lot. I do appreciate HC for what it is and I love most songs on it, not the singles though...I wouldn't want her to go into the same direction, because I feel this was a one-time only thing for her. It was an experiment and it did turn out very well, but I think it's time for her to move onto something else than just dance music.

+1 ROL was a bit pretentious, not real Madonna, now dated too.

Are you kidding me? This was as real as Madonna ever was. Ray of Light represented Madonna's past, present and future. It didn't sound dated when it came out and it won't sound dated in 20 years. No one has ever done something comparable to ROL and no one will ever do!

I do appreciate your opinion, though. If you think ROL sounds dated, that's your opinion and your free to express it. What do you think would be the album that show us the real Madonna, then?

Love Spent is going to be the Bedtime Story of MDNA. It was a prelude of what is to come. I love Confessions, I like Hard Candy a lot and I love most of MDNA but I want her to pick up where she left off with American Life. I want social changing songs! Songs that will spread happiness.

This! This whole "Revolution" project she's doing seems to be some sort of preview of what is to come. She's really thinking a lot about social problems in the world and I think this where next album might be going. I hope it won't be too Hey You-ish though...

Guest Rachelle of London

I wonder if Madonna is inspired by Algerian music (Brahim), we might be getting some North African vibes on the next album.

the dubstep trend was kinda over by the time MDNA came out

Dubstep was featured in GB for like what, 10 seconds?

She never fully followed any trends in MDNA. There was some electronic dance music in MDNA, but it was never full blown EDM of today. It didn't go..., "hard" I guess you could say. It was still up to Madonna's standards and level.

And no one ever hopped on the Martin Solveig bandwagon before MDNA.

Guest Rachelle of London

Dubstep was featured in GB for like what, 10 seconds?

tumblr_mhekqsJqCw1rm4ykxo1_500.jpg

never said it was a dubstep song, I said it contained elements of dubstep in particluar the 3rd verse.

tumblr_mhekqsJqCw1rm4ykxo1_500.jpg

never said it was a dubstep song, I said it contained elements of dubstep in particluar the 3rd verse.

FANMADE_%22You_don%27t_say%3F%22_by_mamandil.png

I didn't say that you said that.

I wouldn't exactly say she followed a certain trend with MDNA, but she certainly didn't create a new one.

This is a nice way to describe it. I think most of us expected a career-defining album, and then we got a good but "transitional" album. She's going somewhere, hopefully somewhere new. She just needs to let herself get there!

Wasn't AL deep enough? And how much she cared about US.

So deep that they turned their back on her and AL flopped so badly.

Yes, I would agree! But ROL is the golden standard (better) so everyone refers to that album... particularly because it also came with success. Which didn't happen with AL, as you state.

She pretty much did everything the fans wanted with MDNA. She enlisted a producer that wasn't very well known, she teamed up with Orbit again, went back to a more electronic/dance sound and even went head first into "divorce songs". I don't think she's ever been as straightforward with her lyrics as she was on some of the MDNA tracks.

She pretty much did everything the fans wanted with MDNA. She enlisted a producer that wasn't very well known, she teamed up with Orbit again, went back to a more electronic/dance sound and even went head first into "divorce songs". I don't think she's ever been as straightforward with her lyrics as she was on some of the MDNA tracks.

Still MDNA came with rather weak material and that's what bothers me the most. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate some lyrics (esp. on Falling Free - brilliant). But the melodies/harmonies on MDNA left much to be desired. It has some nice tunes here and there, but that's it. Nothing memorable and strong. Well, of course I can only speak for myself, but that's what I'm missing the most in her work since Confessions On A Dancefloor. So that was not pretty much everything the fans wanted.

But Solveigh is a HUGE name in his genre of music, perhaps not a star in the US, but he's

had successful solo work and quite the opposite of a not well known producer.

I think she should cut the DJ bullshit, it's 2 easy 4 her...she can do that stuff with her eyes

closed...she needs 2 b challenged once again so she's forced 2 change her work method.