I wish She would make another Ray Of Light

Guest rocketman

What do mean, Musically? Do you want an electronic, Middle Eastern tinged, somewhat dark & moody sound from her? I don't enjoy that side of her, nor do I enjoy repetition, but oh well... different strokes.

I'd gladly take another LAV/ HC though :fag: FUNKdonna 4EVER

What do mean, Musically? Do you want an electronic, Middle Eastern tinged, somewhat dark & moody sound from her?

No, rocketman was pretty clear = he would like deep music that shows she cares. He's not talking about music styles.

Despite seven years of me hoping that Madonna would just go back to experimenting, over the past few months I've been really digging the idea of her coming back with big songs - big choruses, straightforward songs with nice and catchy lyrics. Perhaps it's because I've been watching The Voice - I don't know. But I wouldn't mind her going old school pop - like she did with Beat Goes On and She's Not Me. Only in my dream world, those would be singles.

Love Spent is going to be the Bedtime Story of MDNA. It was a prelude of what is to come. I love Confessions, I like Hard Candy a lot and I love most of MDNA but I want her to pick up where she left off with American Life. I want social changing songs! Songs that will spread happiness.

Edited by Larkspur

No, rocketman was pretty clear = he would like deep music that shows she cares. He's not talking about music styles.

Despite seven years of me hoping that Madonna would just go back to experimenting, over the past few months I've been really digging the idea of her coming back with big songs - big choruses, straightforward songs with nice and catchy lyrics. Perhaps it's because I've been watching The Voice - I don't know. But I wouldn't mind her going old school pop - like she did with Beat Goes On and She's Not Me. Only in my dream world, those would be singles.

Oh, then our ears must be wired differently, cuz I heard depth throughout MDNA & especially HC. Don't disregard the lyrics just because they're masked by dancey beats. I'm assuming you two aren't keen on her latest output, which is fine, but implying that she 'doesn't care anymore' is ridiculous.

Her moments of singing about the before and after the divorce from Guy have been very honest and revealing. Even the little bits in COAD where she screams that she's in an unhappy relationship, it's deep and dark. She's always gone down that route, always has and always will.

I don't need another album filled with karma, mysticism, reflections on life, etc..

Maybe later on in my life, I might need another album like that from Madonna. but I just want an album that Madonna does what she wants to do, and sings what she wants to sing about. I'm very much liking the present, and would like Madonna to continue to focus on that too.

Oh, then our ears must be wired differently, cuz I heard depth throughout MDNA & especially HC. Don't disregard the lyrics just because they're masked by dancey beats. I'm assuming you two aren't keen on her latest output, which is fine, but implying that she 'doesn't care anymore' is ridiculous.

Her moments of singing about the before and after the divorce from Guy have been very honest and revealing. Even the little bits in COAD where she screams that she's in an unhappy relationship, it's deep and dark. She's always gone down that route, always has and always will.

I don't need another album filled with karma, mysticism, reflections on life, etc..

Maybe later on in my life, I might need another album like that from Madonna. but I just want an album that Madonna does what she wants to do, and sings what she wants to sing about. I'm very much liking the present, and would like Madonna to continue to focus on that too.

Ain't nothing else need to be said on this matter.

tumblr_md5kbg9kor1rocmhm.gif

I wonder if she still regards it as her masterpiece? I long long long for the day we actually her actually discuss in depth her past albums, thoughts on them now, favourite songs.... It's such a mystery and it kills me. I wish she would go all Tori on us and delve right in and go right back

Guest Not4Pussies

i think what raymusic is trying to say is that he wants madonna to go experimental again

try something new

i love HC and MDNA but i get how the music itself was following trends instead of creating them.

either way i am happy in whatever path madonna chooses to go on musically. ill follow her along for the ride.

Love Spent is going to be the Bedtime Story of MDNA. It was a prelude of what is to come. I love Confessions, I like Hard Candy a lot and I love most of MDNA but I want her to pick up where she left off with American Life. I want social changing songs! Songs that will spread happiness.

I like the idea of Love Spent being the seed of what's to come...!!!

I am very keen on parts of Hard Candy and love most of MDNA! I've heard depth in parts of MDNA and HC too. Overall, not so much. I can see rocketman's point in the sense that in ROL there was a consistent vision carried throughout - musically, but especially in her own vocal delivery, the lyrics and the mood/tone.

I'd encourage the girl to try something different next time. She's at heart a collaborative artist and needs the right kind of environment to produce awesome stuff (She's Not Me, Love Spent). If someone can convince her that taking that route consistently will make her money and bring her accolades again, she might just do it.

I love Ray of light. It is one of my all time favourite records. However, I also have equally loved so many of Madonna's records both before Ray of light and after Ray of light. I am not sure why people think Madonna does not care about her music. Also, one of the most wonderful things about Madonna as a recording artist, is the way she combines so many styles of music and changes things up. I am not sure of any other artist who has conquered so many styles of music with ease. Dance music, pure pop at it's finest, beautiful and heart-breaking ballads, musical theatre ( Evita ) disco music, and the list goes on and on. To me at much as I love Ray of light, it is not the only great Madonna record and even if people don't like some of her other music, it is just probably that it is not their style of music, not that Madonna does not have her heart and soul in it. Plus, Madonna is never one to just repeat herself. I loved MDNA as I have loved most of her music right back from the first album.

ROL not as strong as its reputation would insist. AL receives the brunt of criticism but, its the closest thing to genius she's done.

:clap: THANK YOU. While I do enjoy ROL, as a whole, I don't think it necessarily deserves all the praise it gets. I do, however, think that AL was HUGELY underappreciated. 10 years later, I listen to AL a lot more than I do ROL.

Also, I think MDNA had some of her deepest, most personal lyrics ever. Love Spent, Best Friend, I Fucked Up... Sure, the album had some real doozies and showed a lack of effort and coherence in some spots, but I think it also featured some of her best POP songs in YEARS - Love Spent, Beautiful Killer, I'm A Sinner... LOVE this album, and I'd like to see her next album follow suit as a pure pop album, following the styles of the 3 songs I mentioned.

Wasn't AL deep enough? And how much she cared about US.

So deep that they turned their back on her and AL flopped so badly.

ROL not as strong as its reputation would insist. AL receives the brunt of criticism but, its the closest thing to genius she's done.

You mean like she climbed the tree of life? :1251:

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree, probably not to go back to ROL but I would like her to experiment more, reinvent herself again. How cool would it be if she caught us all by surprise and did something totally unexpected. I think the world is ready for a "new Madonna"

It would be interesting and great to see her next album be another classic in the same league of LAP, ROL & Confessions, but at the same time I love my MDNA more than ever(except some lyrics suck) & HC is is way too much fun to listen to.

P.S. It would be great if there was a future song with lyrics describing how joyce banda & her nasty lying stealing sister are "bitches".

It would be interesting and great to see her next album be another classic in the same league of LAP, ROL & Confessions...

Those 3 seem like the Holy Trinity of M albums, but I prefer the albums that followed, best; Erotica, Music, Hard Candy. She's been on an electronic for over a decade now (though 2008 was much needed break). If anything, I say she hit us with something jazzy/ blues-inspired for the next incarnation.

Those 3 seem like the Holy Trinity of M albums, but I prefer the albums that followed, best; Erotica, Music, Hard Candy. She's been on an electronic for over a decade now (though 2008 was much needed break). If anything, I say she hit us with something jazzy/ blues-inspired for the next incarnation.

Don't try and make her do a back to basics now!

rhoakenya1.gif?w=529

I've never been a fan of jazz or blues so I definitely wouldn't want her to do that. Plus, it seems too predictable for her since a lot of older artists seem to go in that direction. I wouldn't mind something less electronic and less dance, but still in the vein of pop music.

What do mean, Musically? Do you want an electronic, Middle Eastern tinged, somewhat dark & moody sound from her? I don't enjoy that side of her, nor do I enjoy repetition, but oh well... different strokes.

I'd gladly take another LAV/ HC/BS though :fag: FUNKdonna 4EVER

+1

ROL was a bit pretentious, not real Madonna, now dated too.

i think what raymusic is trying to say is that he wants madonna to go experimental again

try something new

i love HC and MDNA but i get how the music itself was following trends instead of creating them.

either way i am happy in whatever path madonna chooses to go on musically. ill follow her along for the ride.

GB was following trends?

GMAYL was pretty unique too.