most miserable showbiz experience

jonski43

I just caught some of the Matt Lucas awards show and Ruby wax chose her interview with Madonna as it but I didn't see why! Did anyone see it? It was the interview for bedtime stories where m referred to herself as 'creamy smooth pop icon goddess'.

I always thought this looked a fun one!

Guest bluejean

I read her autobiography years ago and I seem to recall the reason it was such a "miserable experience" was because of the great lengths of time Madonna spent worrying about the angle of the camera and the lighting. Apparently Madonna had to use her own camera person as well. And Ruby said she was a "hard nut to crack." She felt she couldn't get her to let down her guard and relax at all. That she was very guarded.

She also joked that after all the fussing over lighting and angles she (Ruby) ended up looking better than Madonna in the interview.

I read her autobiography years ago and I seem to recall the reason it was such a "miserable experience" was because of the great lengths of time Madonna spent worrying about the angle of the camera and the lighting. Apparently Madonna had to use her own camera person as well. And Ruby said she was a "hard nut to crack." She felt she couldn't get her to let down her guard and relax at all. That she was very guarded.

She also joked that after all the fussing over lighting and angles she (Ruby) ended up looking better than Madonna in the interview.

Her memory has gone. I've always loved that interview. It showed an honest side of Madonna, she talked about insecurities and flaws and all. Ruby did a good job with the interview, it felt like an actual conversation. And towards the end of the interview, she was able to get Madonna to let her guard down. I didn't see Madonna as guarded at all.

Guest Rachelle of London

Whats the interview from 1992 where Madonna is wearing the pink boa? The lady that interviewed her said it took them nearly 45 mins just getting the lighting correct, and she couldn't understand why because Madonna was looking flawless. Its the same woman that interviewed her in 1994, I posted the interview a few months back. Cant remember the show or the lady's name

Yeah, I remember Ruby talking about this. It was because she wanted Madonna to just relax a little and have fun, but apparantly M was obsessed with the lighting and camera angles and made it really hard to work with her. While the final interview is very enjoyable, you can see where Ruby's comments are coming from ...

Ruby's comment comes mainly from the fact that she's the biggest person she ever interviewed.

Her interviews were usually comedy skits, but obviously Madonna wasn't gonna go 2 the mall

2 peel pineapples like Bette Midler or go shopping at Harrods like Liza & David Gest.

I thought they handled each other well in the interview & Madonna is quite 'real' & unapologetic,

in the end Ruby is even allowed 2 go through her purse & suitcase, wear M's underwear & everything.

She only started japping on about this interview when the BBC fired her, couldn't find a job & went clinically depressed 4 years.

Sit down miss Wax.

Guest bluejean

I agree. I think the only thing wrong about the interview is Ruby herself. She actually does come across nervous and awkward. Yes she is outgoing and forward but I think that's her way of dealing with the nerves. But its a subtle thing, it didn't really ruin the interview. I don't think Madonna disliked her either, I just think Madonna is being Madonna here. Ruby obviously thought she was a cut above the rest and could bring something more out of Madonna like a Kurt Loader or Molly Meldrum. Madonna has a history with those people that you could never match, she is always very cold and weary with most other interviewers. If Ruby watched more Madonna interviewes then watched her own she'd see that she did a better job than most people.

Interviewing Madonna is such a tricky business. The good ones always find a good balance of undercutting her sexuality and playing into it, of pandering to her narcissism and also cutting the bullshit.

Interviewing Madonna is such a tricky business. The good ones always find a good balance of undercutting her sexuality and playing into it, of pandering to her narcissism and also cutting the bullshit.

Perfectly analyzed. The interviewers who always fall flat on their faces are the ones that enter the situation with the intent to "ruffle her feathers" and force some sort of unique revelation or admission from her. Madonna can sense this approach the millisecond the interview begins speaking and she immediately stands behind her wall with guns drawn. Many a armchair psychiatrist has entered the room with Madonna and left an ego-wounded fool.

Are you serious with that signature?! /\ :dead:

Here we go.....GU has to say something....of course...though I would have been more concerned if he didn't.....;)......

and yeah, someone made it and sent it to me, I thought it was pretty cool so I am using it. Do you have a problem my dear #1 commentator? It is my work, I worked hard and am proud of it so I can use it as a sig if I want

I love your sig CMoody! You got it...flaunt it!

Thank you Chelle...I truly appreciate that :wink:

Your new one cracks me up! I watch the Housewife Reunions with my mouth open over the things that Kenya says......there is just something...off....with that woman!

Guest bluejean

:rotfl:

I was confused for a sec there. Can you post the signature you had Cmoody when GU made that comment? I didn't get to see it.

PS I think you have a great body

Guest Rachelle of London

:rotfl:

I was confused for a sec there. Can you post the signature you had Cmoody when GU made that comment? I didn't get to see it.

PS I think you have a great body

It was great Bluejean...he really has a great bod!

Here we go.....GU has to say something....of course...though I would have been more concerned if he didn't.....;)/>......

and yeah, someone made it and sent it to me, I thought it was pretty cool so I am using it. Do you have a problem my dear #1 commentator? It is my work, I worked hard and am proud of it so I can use it as a sig if I want

Whatever, you drama queen. :rotfl: I feel that I should probably let you know that there's more power in that one shot of me clothed than there is of those 594258974327643336744665333 pictures of you naked. :queenbitch: