Would you have chosen this pic for the cover ?

Pressston

VIRGIN TOUR VHS

I personally think they could have done better, it's not a very flattering picture of M and it looks like she has a double chin. There are tons of better shots from the virgin tour. I understand that they wanted to go with a "fun & crazy" pic there are many other pics from the show with that vibe where she looks really better. I don't know, face and body position are not the best here imo...

8306809036_cf61fc4727_z.jpg

It's hard for me 2 b objective, cuz I grew up with it....

But from a technical perspective it looks like an amature picture taken with a kodak.

But this one just looks out of focus, if only slightly so.

madonna-ciao-italia-live-from-italy.jpg

It's hard for me 2 b objective, cuz I grew up with it....

But from a technical perspective it looks like an amature picture taken with a kodak.

But this one just looks out of focus, if only slightly so.

madonna-ciao-italia-live-from-italy.jpg

yeah i get what you mean.

VIRGIN TOUR VHS

I personally think they could have done better, it's not a very flattering picture of M and it looks like she has a double chin. There are tons of better shots from the virgin tour. I understand that they wanted to go with a "fun & crazy" pic there are many other pics from the show with that vibe where she looks really better. I don't know, face and body position are not the best here imo...

8306809036_cf61fc4727_z.jpg

Love it!!!

Guest bluejean

Oh I thought that one was okay.

Wtf was up with The Girlie Show? Of all the images/oufits they could have used. How dull.

DWT is beautiful.

And I've grown to love the CT cover of M burping.

But yes, I agree about VT. While I've always loved it as a kid, it's a pretty bad photograph because it looks completely amateur shot with a dull flash. Should captured the stage lighting. Is it bad to say that Guy O takes better pictures?

Guest bluejean

Cuz of the tacky fonts & drawing shit...It's Paisley Park Art Design 101.

Oh right. And the Hanky Panky music video had a similar budget to most of Prince's.

Even though it's not the DVD of the tour, the cover for IGTTYAS was a stab on my chest for me at the time:

www.baixartorrent.net.jpg

I don't think it's that bad. I think fans expected something pretty, or Madonna shown in motion. I like the booklet design even more.

Guest bluejean

Well it's one of the better ones sadly.

Nearly all of her album covers are good though. Apart from Hard Candy. My God :lmao:

What didn't you like about the fonts?

I would have preferred them using the actual fonts used to promote the tour. Plus I'm still baffled that they used a tilde in the text, I think that's what bothers me the most.