Madonna and Annie "Sing"

elijah

I really love the Madonna voice here (start 1:40):

Its mature and I think she sound so soulful: can you imagine her working with Annie? I think the result could be quite impressive.

@ dollhouse - What?!

I love her voice here! Just perfect. She sounds like herself. I love to hear more records performed in her natural (un-forced) vocal range as she has a beautiful voice. For me my main issues with MDNA come from her singing in higher pitch which she can't reach naturally now that her voice has aged.

She WAS in the middle of recording the fabulous funky, soulful Hard Candy when this song was recorded....so it's no wonder that fabulousness would carry over into this track.

She insisted on having the biggest part in the song, which was a waste of time, because her voice sounds horrible on it -and it's a horrible song.

I really like the idea of the song, but it's just rubbish. If Annie couldn't write something decent (and it seems clear she couldn't), she should have just got those artists to collabarate on her (excellent) cover of 'Shining Light' by Ash, which she later released on her GH compilation. That would have sounded great, and been an uplifting song for a charity.

(Please shut your eyes, the video is APALLING)

She insisted on having the biggest part in the song, which was a waste of time, because her voice sounds horrible on it -and it's a horrible song.

No she didn't, Annie went on Record as 2 say she CHOSE Madonna 2 have the biggest part cuz it would garner the most publicity 4 her cause.

& it's that typical Madonna range we all know & love. (& miss)

No she didn't, Annie went on Record as 2 say she CHOSE Madonna 2 have the biggest part cuz it would garner the most publicity 4 her cause.

& it's that typical Madonna range we all know & love. (& miss)

No she didn't. She implied that Madonna had asked for a verse in order to do it, and that she had said yes because having Madonna on there would garner more publicity, so giving her what she wanted was better than not having her at all.

Guest bluejean

:lol: I know, you said that already.

I love Annie too but I would have preferred a proper duet with Madonna. They could have done something for Something To Remember, that would have been great.

its a bit of a non-song, especially given all those involved. i had always wondered if there was a madoonna-only version knocking about, but guess not if she only did one verse / chorus. a proper Madonna / Lennox duet [on a good song] would be great.

It's a shit song and I'm sorry but her vocal isn't very nice.

I agree...she sounds so bored...not exciting at all...her lower range can be very sexy and soulful but this is pures crap

It's a shit song and I'm sorry but her vocal isn't very nice.

Especially when they layered Madonna's paper-thin vocals with Annie's wounded sparrow-vocals. Musically you couldn't hear Madonna, not the right track for her (and those awful Hard Candy vocals).

And the song was crap to start with.