I just heard "I'm In Love With Love" for the first time

frzndrwnwrld

I had no idea this leaked 3 years ago. It's weird that I missed it.

Since the intro is the end of "I Love New York," that means there could be more songs from this session. Have they leaked or does anyone have any info?

Guest bluejean

It's not from the same sessions as ILNY. The person who leaked it put that there presumably to trick people into thinking that. NO idea why, the same reason people make fake leaks like the Holiday demo or added extra parts to William Orbits Gone remix I guess! It makes them feel superior to have one over all us Madonna fans.

It may not have been recorded the same time as the ILNY demo recording, but you can tell that the same people involved in making that song were involved in the creation for "I'm In Love..."

They wanted the same sound.

I think the song is a delight, and I wish we had gotten more with this kind of sound.

FrzDrwnWrld, did you miss the leakgate of 2010? It was a fun time. I can't remember all that leaked at that period, but Broken came from that leak pipe too. I love it all!

Wasn't "I'm In Love With Love" one of the tracks Madonna wrote for the musical that she was planning on doing with Luc Besson?

We can only assume, but nothing has been confirmed. But it would make sense as ILNY came from that project too.

I don't think ILNY was the Luc Besson musical... from what I understand that was where Future Lovers, Sorry, Forbidden Love and Jump came from. Devil Wouldn't Recognise You came from Hello Suckers, which was a separate project.

HS was in development before RIT, while the Luc Besson musical came afterwards.

I don't think ILNY was the Luc Besson musical... from what I understand that was where Future Lovers, Sorry, Forbidden Love and Jump came from.

What on earth would this musical have been about?

What on earth would this musical have been about?

I may be going completely insane here but I remember reading somewhere that it was some sort of futuristic love story.

Guest Fukujima

I may be going completely insane here but I remember reading somewhere that it was some sort of futuristic love story.

No, Madonna was supposed to star in the role of Texas Guinan, a saloon keeper who used to serve alcohol and booze in her saloon although it was against the law because of the Prohibition. She used to greet her customers with a " Hello suckers!" hence the title of the musical itself :popcorn2:

No, Madonna was supposed to star in the role of Texas Guinan, a saloon keeper who used to serve alcohol and booze in her saloon although it was against the law because of the Prohibition. She used to greet her customers with a " Hello suckers!" hence the title of the musical itself :popcorn2:

I thought that was the other musical, the more accousitcy/American life sounding one one, M wrote Hello suckers. I though the Luc movie was different? Im probably wrong as usual.

Guest Fukujima

I thought that was the other musical, the more accousitcy/American life sounding one one, M wrote Hello suckers. I though the Luc movie was different? Im probably wrong as usual.

sorry, yes i think you're right. Hello Suckers was the one prior to the Luc Besson one

Yeah this is what I thought. Devil was from Hello Suckers which was pre-RIT and the other songs were from the Luc Besson which was post RIT.

If those songs (Jump, FL, Future Lovers, Sorry etc) were from the LB musical, then it's possible the more rock-y ILNY and In Love With Love come from the original album that was going to be Confessions

It's not from the same sessions as ILNY.

As far as I have heard, "I'm in Love with Love" was recorded at some point between release of American Life and the start of the Re-Invention Tour, most likely in late 2003 or early 2004.

The first demo of "I Love New York" wasn't recorded until the Re-Invention Tour had already started.

I don't think ILNY was the Luc Besson musical... from what I understand that was where Future Lovers, Sorry, Forbidden Love and Jump came from. Devil Wouldn't Recognise You came from Hello Suckers, which was a separate project.

HS was in development before RIT, while the Luc Besson musical came afterwards.

ILNY was part of the Luc Besson musical. Madonna said in the 2005 MTV interview that ILNY was from one of the musicals she was working on. Obviously it's not from Hello Suckers!

It was rumored that the musical with Luc Besson was about a woman in her death bed reflecting on her life. I have a feeling it might have been a bit autobiographical, after all there was a disco segment, which is where Hung Up came from.

ILNY was part of the Luc Besson musical. Madonna said in the 2005 MTV interview that ILNY was from one of the musicals she was working on. Obviously it's not from Hello Suckers!

It was rumored that the musical with Luc Besson was about a woman in her death bed reflecting on her life. I have a feeling it might have been a bit autobiographical, after all there was a disco segment, which is where Hung Up came from.

Wait what I thought Hung Up was written specifically for the music written by Stuart and it was one of the few tracks she wrote explicitly for Confessions. There's that interview where she said she got the music and wrote it driving round London in her MiniCoop-ah. Or was that bullshit like half the things she says about writing songs?

Wait what I thought Hung Up was written specifically for the music written by Stuart and it was one of the few tracks she wrote explicitly for Confessions. There's that interview where she said she got the music and wrote it driving round London in her MiniCoop-ah. Or was that bullshit like half the things she says about writing songs?

Madonna said she wrote it for the musical cause it had a disco section in it. She said she wrote it in 5 minutes in the back of a limo.

Thanks to everyone for all the info. I heard the other songs mentioned, but not this one for some reason. Is there a list of all the 2010 leaked songs?

Have you heard 'if you go away' from Hello Suckers? Itll be on youtube.

I havent got the leaked songs on my laptop anymore otherwise id upload them.

Edit: (from Wiki)

The Re-Invention Tour era & Musicals projects

• "I'm in Love with Love" A song supposedly written with Mirwais and Monte Pittman during the 2004 Re-Invention World Tour. It was actually recorded between American Life and the "”Post Re-Invention Tour Musicals"". To confuse this timeline, the individual who leaked the song mixed it with the original ""I Love New York"" from I'm Going To Tell You A Secret. Both of these tracks are indicative of the sound originally conceptualised for the next album, before the project evolved into what became Confessions On A Dancefloor. The full song leaked on Internet on September 20, 2010. A low-quality clip of an alternate version with different lyrics has leaked, as well.
  • "Miss You","If You Go Away","How High", "Curtain", "The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" and "Is this Love (Bon D'Accord)" – among a number of songs written for a planned musical "Hello Suckers", a 20s-style musical loosely based on the life of Texas Guinan.[136] Songs were written with a number of co-writers including Patrick Leonard and Mirwais Ahmadzai. Lyrics from "How High" were later reworked into a song for Confessions on a Dance Floor. Some lyrics from "Is This Love" were later re-used on the song "Voices" on the album Hard Candy. "The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" was planned to be included on The Re-Invention Tour, but was later reworked with Madonna's brother-in-law Joe Henry. Ultimately, the song did not surface until the album Hard Candy following further development with Timbaland, Justin Timberlake and Nate Hills. "Is this Love (Bon D'Accord)", has since been leaked to the internet."If You Go Away" is based on the classic "Ne me quitte pas" by Jaques Brel. The English version has been covered by a wide range of artists, including Marlene Dietrich, Shirley Bassey and Tom Jones. Madonna's version leaked onto the internet on September 2, 2010. Miss You was also planned for the musical and has more of an acoustic folk feel to it and leaked onto the internet on September 3, 2010,[137] some lyrics were later re-used on the song "Like It or Not" from the album Confessions on a Dance Floor.
  • Titles unknown – A second musical to have been directed by filmmaker Luc Besson was also in pre-production during 2005, but was abandoned when Madonna read the script and was dissatisfied with the result. See Observer Guardian UK Madonna interview Nov 2005.[138]

Broken

Latte

Animal

Infinity

If You Go Away

Miss You

I'm In Love With Love

that's pretty much from that leak, then there were a bunch of instrumentals and demo versions that leaked in 2010 too.