Hong Kong venues too small for Madonna

aorlaan

wow really? :o i guess she isn't appealing to chinese audiences then..

I am trying to introduce her to some Chinese. Am trying 'Hung Up'. They seem to like that song.

That is not true. I went to the city last year for a business trip, n talked to people about tour n concerts n lady gaga concerts (since it seems that it was quite a big event. Everyone knows m and complained that her tour didn't go there. They claimed that they would not pay much to see lady gaga but m is another story. "It would be a once in life time experience n she is so iconic" a direct quote from locals.

That is not true. I went to the city last year for a business trip, n talked to people about tour n concerts n lady gaga concerts (since it seems that it was quite a big event. Everyone knows m and complained that her tour didn't go there. They claimed that they would not pay much to see lady gaga but m is another story. "It would be a once in life time experience n she is so iconic" a direct quote from locals.

SmileyBowing.gif

Guest Rachelle of London

In my first year of uni all my housemates were Chinese international students and they didnt know who Madonna was and they'd lived in England for 3 years.

All my students are 17 or 18 years old. They are too young to have really lived through her popular eras.

In my first year of uni all my housemates were Chinese international students and they didnt know who Madonna was and they'd lived in England for 3 years.

How is that even possible? do they not read any magazines, have they banned not only tv, but all media and music in their lives? Im asking, because I rarely ever watch tv or read magazines myself yet I keep hearing about all those nobodies from the UK all the time, one way or another. Just seems impossible to me that anyone could not know Madonna while living in the UK..

Guest Rachelle of London

How is that even possible? do they not read any magazines, have they banned not only tv, but all media and music in their lives? Im asking, because I rarely ever watch tv or read magazines myself yet I keep hearing about all those nobodies from the UK all the time, one way or another. Just seems impossible to me that anyone could not know Madonna while living in the UK..

They watched TV and stuff. They just didnt know who she was. In my room I had the True Blue album cover as a poster and one of them recognised the pic but thought that the "girl in the picture" was just a popular 80s picture. I even played them Like a Virgin, Holiday, Vogue all her famous songs and they said they recognised them but just didnt know that they were sung by Madonna. They just knew them as 80s pop songs, crazy. It became my challenge to teach them who she was loool. I'm not saying M was not known in China but it seems theres a generation of Chinese people that dont link her songs to her. In Thailand though she's HUGE.

Don't worry about it... I am sure the people there who can afford her tickets will pay to see her. To them, being able to attend an international icon's concert is a symbol of status, like carrying an Lv bag. If m is willing to perform there, I am sure her tickets will sell like hot cakes.

Guest Rachelle of London

Don't worry about it... I am sure the people there who can afford her tickets will pay to see her. To them, being able to attend an international icon's concert is a symbol of status, like carrying an Lv bag. If m is willing to perform there, I am sure her tickets will sell like hot cakes.

I agree!