Metro snippet about new music.

Titty

Of course Madonna still wants to make music and it's silly to think otherwise. She has said time and time again that she still makes music because she still has things to say, meaning she'll stop when there's nothing left to say. At this point, she doesn't need to release albums because she's a billionaire, but chooses to continue to do so because she wants to. Just because she didn't have as much time to devote to the studio as she would have ten years and three children ago doesn't mean that she isn't keen to make new music.

Just because someone doesn't like MDNA (or Hard Candy for that matter) doesn't mean she didn't put her heart into those albums.

He basically said there was a lot of stuff prepared for MDNA but M was rushed and they couldn't commit to them, imagine if he never got his hands on Gang Bang, we would've had that awful Bang Bang Mika edition

I was under the impression that Demo gave us the version we heard since Orbit said in that EPK interview that Demo came up with the new beat that immediately inspired Madonna to take the song in a new direction.

William praised Madonna when the album was released, but then when things didn't go according to plan, he complained about how the business of being a pop star got in the way of their creating more music together. He stressed that she was still brilliant and that he loved working with her, but he wasn't prepared for her to be juggling so many different things at once. Guy Oseary contacted him and asked him what on Earth he thought he was doing and William apologised and said that he shouldn't have aired his grievances in public without discussing them with Guy and Madonna. Probably as a result of this, those additional acoustic versions that Guy requested never saw the light of day, which is a real shame.

"Gang Bang" was born when Demolition Crew played a new backing track to Madonna and she started reciting the lyrics to "Bang Bang" over the top of it (just like "You Thrill Me" became "Erotica"). As others have said, that's what prompted her to change the song completely.

As for TUTR, she rewrote all of the verses and changed parts of the verse melody. Martin said that he was impressed by how she turned it into a proper "Madonna song" (as opposed to his original version with Sunday Girl).

Madonna spent all of 2012 on her music career. It's pretty unlikely that she'll be motivated to go back into the studio this year to create anything new. We might see something towards the end of 2014, with a tour to follow in 2015 (which will end in Australia in December 2015). This would return her to the "a new album every 2.5 years" pattern she'd followed from ROL in 1998 through to HC in 2008. If we were getting a new album this year (or even early next year), we'd already know about it by now (given past sequences of events).

That's a very praising review. It's quite clear from the discrepancy between styles, the way the tracklist changed right at the last minute, the number of songs brought in from outside writers and the fact that we know the songs recorded towards the end of the sessions (I Don't Give A, Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Best Friend) have a much stronger cohesion than the others that this album was not everything it could have been given another six months.

Also, both Martin and William, before the shit went down, said that she was running between the two of them leaving them to work on tracks. It's a good album, I love it and it's in my top five, but we can hardly pretend she was 100% committed to creating a full and organic album.

I miss the days of finding out about new Madonna music by actually hearing it. The internet makes it virtually impossible not to know when she's recording and planning a new release. I miss the days of hearing a new song on the radio and being like "What?!" or finding out the day before that a new single was coming. I remember being taken off guard by "Vogue" and a few others.

Re: MDNA, the suggestion that Madonna wasn't "fully committed" to the album just sounds silly to me. She was busy doing other things because that's what she's like now. She makes movies, has four children, a bunch of other business endeavors (partly because she doesn't make much money from albums anymore). It's not 1998. Was she not committed to American Life? She was so immersed in other things that it took her forever to record that album. Anyway, I know the lack of promo because of the tour upset people (including me), but it's obvious she was committed to the album - you can tell her heart and soul went into many of the songs and it's a better album than HC. And she did three proper videos, one of which happens to be her best "on tour" video to date. She didn't phone it in. And had Tarantino agreed to do "Gang Bang," we probably would have gotten a fourth video. The fact is that the album underperformed and it's easy to look back and start pointing fingers. It may not have done well commercially, and the promo choices were dubious, but it's a good album.

Martin also commented that he was very surprised by how hands on and involved Madonna was in the studio, because he was used to people just turning up, singing their part and leaving the rest to him.

WIlliam Orbit is so full of shit now it's embarrassing. That Chris Brown song he said M rejected is BEYOND SHIT, it's about as shit as HC.

Instead of talking about M, isn't he supposed to be trying to be one of these dumb whores like Britney and RIhanna and Gorgon producers or something?

:lmao:

Wrong! "Don't wake me up" is a great song i feel kinda sad that M rejected it.

William seemed quite upset about the tracks of his that Madonna didn't choose this time around. It's not as though she's recorded everything he's ever submitted to her, though. He said himself that he has submitted various tracks to Madonna over the past decade that she didn't warm to (right up to "Celebration"), so it's interesting that he's chosen to speak about the most recent tracks now.

I miss the days of finding out about new Madonna music by actually hearing it. The internet makes it virtually impossible not to know when she's recording and planning a new release. I miss the days of hearing a new song on the radio and being like "What?!" or finding out the day before that a new single was coming. I remember being taken off guard by "Vogue" and a few others.

Re: MDNA, the suggestion that Madonna wasn't "fully committed" to the album just sounds silly to me. She was busy doing other things because that's what she's like now. She makes movies, has four children, a bunch of other business endeavors (partly because she doesn't make much money from albums anymore). It's not 1998. Was she not committed to American Life? She was so immersed in other things that it took her forever to record that album. Anyway, I know the lack of promo because of the tour upset people (including me), but it's obvious she was committed to the album - you can tell her heart and soul went into many of the songs and it's a better album than HC. And she did three proper videos, one of which happens to be her best "on tour" video to date. She didn't phone it in. And had Tarantino agreed to do "Gang Bang," we probably would have gotten a fourth video. The fact is that the album underperformed and it's easy to look back and start pointing fingers. It may not have done well commercially, and the promo choices were dubious, but it's a good album.

It's still amazing that David Bowie did it in this day and age.

But we're recycling the same old MDNA arguments - I think they know they mucked up this release because Guy said 'We're still learning' at one point. But I don't expect any new music until next year earliest which would be two years after the creative process of MDNA.

It's a shame we're not evening get leaks of the MDNA studio demos or unreleased tracks but it looks doubtful that will happen now :(

William praised Madonna when the album was released, but then when things didn't go according to plan, he complained about how the business of being a pop star got in the way of their creating more music together. He stressed that she was still brilliant and that he loved working with her, but he wasn't prepared for her to be juggling so many different things at once. Guy Oseary contacted him and asked him what on Earth he thought he was doing and William apologised and said that he shouldn't have aired his grievances in public without discussing them with Guy and Madonna. Probably as a result of this, those additional acoustic versions that Guy requested never saw the light of day, which is a real shame.

"Gang Bang" was born when Demolition Crew played a new backing track to Madonna and she started reciting the lyrics to "Bang Bang" over the top of it (just like "You Thrill Me" became "Erotica"). As others have said, that's what prompted her to change the song completely.

As for TUTR, she rewrote all of the verses and changed parts of the verse melody. Martin said that he was impressed by how she turned it into a proper "Madonna song" (as opposed to his original version with Sunday Girl).

Madonna spent all of 2012 on her music career. It's pretty unlikely that she'll be motivated to go back into the studio this year to create anything new. We might see something towards the end of 2014, with a tour to follow in 2015 (which will end in Australia in December 2015). This would return her to the "a new album every 2.5 years" pattern she'd followed from ROL in 1998 through to HC in 2008. If we were getting a new album this year (or even early next year), we'd already know about it by now (given past sequences of events).

Thankyou for not getting it twisted, love you! <3

Martin also commented that he was very surprised by how hands on and involved Madonna was in the studio, because he was used to people just turning up, singing their part and leaving the rest to him.

Thank you.

Guest bluejean

Of course Madonna still wants to make music and it's silly to think otherwise. She has said time and time again that she still makes music because she still has things to say, meaning she'll stop when there's nothing left to say. At this point, she doesn't need to release albums because she's a billionaire, but chooses to continue to do so because she wants to. Just because she didn't have as much time to devote to the studio as she would have ten years and three children ago doesn't mean that she isn't keen to make new music.

Just because someone doesn't like MDNA (or Hard Candy for that matter) doesn't mean she didn't put her heart into those albums.

Yes. And also, just because Madonna is cornered into making an album by her record label doesn't mean it won't turn out to be good either. She said in an interview that Confessions was done when she didn't feel like making music but "the record label said I owed them another album." I think Madonna hardly ever feels like making music but once she gets into it she loves it.

Sad but true, gone are the days when we will get an album just for the sake of the music without a tour to follow it. From a business perspective it would just be viewed as a waste of time and money. Madonna may be an artiste, but she's first and foremost a business woman.

Sad but true, gone are the days when we will get an album just for the sake of the music without a tour to follow it. From a business perspective it would just be viewed as a waste of time and money. Madonna may be an artiste, but she's first and foremost a business woman.

I think Madonna has always seen her songs and her live performances connected. Some of the albums that didn't have a tour following them originally intended to have a tour with them. Didn't she originally want to do a tour with Bedtime Stories and Ray of Light, but then movies or her being pregnant or something got in the way and her plans changed? I'm not sure in the past Madonna made an album just for the sake of it.

Madonna sees her tours as art just as much as her songs on the record. I think her songs come alive best when she performs them live. I would feel a little dissapointed if she did an album with no tour because it would mean I would probably never hear those songs performed live. Because at a later tour, there wouldn't be enough room to perform the songs from the non-tour album live and still fit in hits and a subsequent album.

ROL is a perfect example. She didn't do a tour after that album and so there are so many great songs on there like Skin and Swim that we will probably never hear live.

The Bedtime Stories tour was cancelled due to "Evita" (I'm pretty sure she mentioned this herself in an interview - she discussed that it was a difficult decision to make, but she needed to go into vocal training and record the soundtrack in late 1995 etc. etc.). The Ray of Light Tour was cancelled due to TNBT. Madonna had every intention of touring both albums, but at the time, was still trying to be taken seriously as an actress, so put her film career first.