Angelina praises Madonna

Ugly Hecty

I guess this is why madonna cops pretty much the same criticism in other forums and the press that you are all heaping on Angelina here, people attack the person and doubt the sincerity of the motives if they are famous. I think they both do good to bring attention to these issues without any expectation they are perfect and can solve the problems of the world.

Exactly. Love her.

And boo hoo. She ran off with someone elses man. Id run off with her also if I was dating a pig like Jennifer Aniston.

Guest Rachelle of London

How does anyone think Angelina is a good actress, she has one facial expression. Maybe its botched botox, I dunno, I've never understood the hype

Jen's wonderful contribution to society will forever be her wonderful role in Leprechaun.

Sad she had to move on to bigger things like making an impact with her hair on Friends. Would have loved to see her make an apperance in Leprechaun in the Hood instead.

How does anyone think Angelina is a good actress, she has one facial expression. Maybe its botched botox, I dunno, I've never understood the hype

When the same actress can be Lara Croft one day, the next she's a woman looking for her lost child...the next one she's a crazy woman (owned an Oscar for this one)...then she's Mrs Smith (the movie she met Brad Pitt), etc...how can you say she has one facial expression? Not many people can pull off so many different roles and come out as great as she does!

3 Golden Globes and 1 Oscar can't be all wrong about her!

Guest Rachelle of London

uh oh this is turning into a anistone vs jolie thread... :lol:

Everyone always mentions Aniston...everyone forgets about Laura Dern, the poor thing learnt that her fiance had married Angelina on E! how tragic!

Guest Rachelle of London

When the same actress can be Lara Croft one day, the next she's a woman looking for her lost child...the next one she's a crazy woman (owned an Oscar for this one)...then she's Mrs Smith (the movie she met Brad Pitt), etc...how can you say she has one facial expression? Not many people can pull off so many different roles and come out as great as she does!

an actress plays different roles, thats a main part of the job description. Anyone can star in 100 movies, it doesn't mean that they are good in them. All of the films I have seen her in, she's been awkwardly stiff in whilst pulling that same facial expression.

But back to my original point to me there are far greater actresses that do not get the critical acclaim that she does.

:dead: Wow. Deluded. Angelina Jolie plays Angelina Jolie.

When you're defending someone's relevance (an actress) and the best thing you have is "she changed hair forever", you shouldn't even bring that person to a discussion! xD LOOL!

Be real, Angelina Jolie before she fucked Jen's man and started hoarding children was best known as that junkie daughter of Jon Voight who swapped spit with her brother and wore Billy Bob Thorton's blood around her neck. Being known for your decade defining hair is a lot more respectful than Angelina's "accolades".

This thread is hilarious! Lol Here's my two cents...I think Angelina is beautiful but I also think she's a good actress. No matter what you think about her past she is putting in the work to make children's lives better. Who says you have to be free of any possible wrongdoing in the past to be able to care about people? We are all human beings. Yeah I'm not saying I admire helping to break up a relationship but Brad ultimately is the one who made vows to another person. I like Angelina though. She does humanitarian work and that is something I do admire.

I like Jennifer Anisten but honestly I don't 100% get her popularity. Her movies don't look interesting to me and she's an okay actress. I don't know. I don't get her. My favorite in Friends was Phoebe. After that I don't really know why she''s so big. The only thing that I have ever liked that she's done was a documentary on grizzly bears. And she comes off nice in interviews.

Edited by Larkspur

How many more romcoms can Jen star in?

In comparison, how many times must Jolie be a gun wielding vixen? I'm not anti-Angelina, but her action-flick schtick is tired to me.

Though i like that one movie where she was a blonde news reporter(?) in a so-bad-it's-good kinda way.

She rode the hype train after looking sexy in Tomb Raider. She was great in Girl, Interrupted, but I think that character was very similar to who she actually was at the time. Most of her other output has been terrible overrated crap. As far as the one facial expression, as soon as I heard that I imagined that sexy/angry look she does with her lips ever so slightly pursed, and she does seem to do that in most of her films, so I'm assuming that's the one.

Guest Not4Pussies

i don't hate angelina, there are a few of her performances i like and i used to think she was one of the most beautiful women in the world

and i liked her when she was a bad girl in the past, but now she makes really crappy films (a lot of them), she looks unhealthy and she has become a total ice queen.

and it does bother me she gets so much praise and attention for her humanitarian work and madonna always gets ignored or criticized for it

when they are both former bad girls (madonna is still one, thank god!) who are doing good for the world.

angelina's only good performances are: gia, girl interrupted, a mighty heart.

pretty much.

I guess this is why madonna cops pretty much the same criticism in other forums and the press that you are all heaping on Angelina here, people attack the person and doubt the sincerity of the motives if they are famous. I think they both do good to bring attention to these issues without any expectation they are perfect and can solve the problems of the world.

I agree. The attack on AJ here sound very much like the attacks on Madonna on blog pages and newsite comment sections... :/

Guest Rachelle of London

Haha so Madonna fans can't have an opinion of Angelina cos on other sites people diss Madonna in the same way? But it's okay when Madonna fans tear Lady Gaga, Beyonce, xtina, Britney and co apart, erm okay!

i don't hate angelina, there are a few of her performances i like and i used to think she was one of the most beautiful women in the world

and i liked her when she was a bad girl in the past, but now she makes really crappy films (a lot of them), she looks unhealthy and she has become a total ice queen.

and it does bother me she gets so much praise and attention for her humanitarian work and madonna always gets ignored or criticized for it

when they are both former bad girls (madonna is still one, thank god!) who are doing good for the world.

angelina's only good performances are: gia, girl interrupted, a mighty heart.

pretty much.

Neither of them were bad girls. :lol:

let's be real. Angelina is a big, cunty, over-hyped tool of the machine shoved down joe public's throat as part of the current breed of tabloid celeb royalty. she's known more for being crazy personified-cum-Mrs. Brad Pitt than for anything she's done in her actual career. FACT.

and it has absolutely nothing to do with JenniferfuckingAniston.

let's be real. Angelina is a big, cunty, over-hyped tool of the machine shoved down joe public's throat as part of the current breed of tabloid celeb royalty. she's known more for being crazy personified-cum-Mrs. Brad Pitt than for anything she's done in her actual career. FACT.

and it has absolutely nothing to do with JenniferfuckingAniston.

That's a nice opinion you posted there.