10 Years of the Magnificent Into The Hollywood Groove

horn

Baby, please don't tell me you never listened to the EP of life that is Remixed & Revisited.

It's a good remix, honestly. It's what the the YCD/TIC remix should have been. It has all those crazy whimsical sounds and there's no piano solo in sight.

Honey, I do.... but I skipped "Into The Hollywood Groove".

I love the rest of the songs.

Those days she was pretty desperate. ROL/Music and then... KABOOM!

I lilked the ad and the version, didn't like that MIssy AT ALL. Silly me was thrilled with ITG being suddenly there, because i always felt that Mother and Father could have been a great single if remixed and re-sung and re-produced by Stephen Bray. That final part "i got to give it up... find somebody to loveee" was soooo Madonna 80s !!!!!

Guest bluejean

Yes, I remember loving Mother and Father back in the day too. I guess because I was really craving pop/electro/dance Madonna. Confessions sort of blew it out of the water.

I've always loved this remix. Didn't even know it was so reviled until I came here. haha...

Plus, it's pretty damn close to the original orchestration anyway. A little pumping up of the bass, etc...not much else done to it. So why do so many hate it?

And I've always enjoyed Missy...so hey, why not? Plus, Missy has always been a huge Madonna fan, and has always had her back. It's not like we're dealing with someone who turned around and threw M under the bus, or anything...

It was fun. Can't we Madonna fans have silly fun anymore?

Guest Rachelle of London

I've always loved this remix. Didn't even know it was so reviled until I came here. haha...

Plus, it's pretty damn close to the original orchestration anyway. A little pumping up of the bass, etc...not much else done to it. So why do so many hate it?

And I've always enjoyed Missy...so hey, why not? Plus, Missy has always been a huge Madonna fan, and has always had her back. It's not like we're dealing with someone who turned around and threw M under the bus, or anything...

It was fun. Can't we Madonna fans have silly fun anymore?

Amen

I've always seen this as a promo remix for a shity TV advertising.

Do not take Madonna serious all the time.

oh btw Horn, I skipped "Into The Hollywood Groove" too.

Those days she was pretty desperate. ROL/Music and then... KABOOM!

I lilked the ad and the version, didn't like that MIssy AT ALL. Silly me was thrilled with ITG being suddenly there, because i always felt that Mother and Father could have been a great single if remixed and re-sung and re-produced by Stephen Bray. That final part "i got to give it up... find somebody to loveee" was soooo Madonna 80s !!!!!

I rememberred a Kylie song, Fever?

I do wish the EP had been a more 'cohesive' affair. I think Erasure set the benchmark with some amazing EPs back in the day. Much as this one was quite welcome, it seemed a bit thrown together really