28 Years of the Magnificent Into The Groove

scrapple

Easily one of the best pop dance songs ever created. It stands the test of time insanely well. Doesn't matter where you are, when that intro starts ... "and you can dance.." people are always like yesssss and jump to their feet.

What she said in the RS interview:

"I've never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like 'Cherish' and 'Sorry,' a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits," she tells RS. " 'Into the Groove' is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it."

Bitch shouldn't feel that way singing the genius that is ITG.

Back in 1994, she talked about it as one of the songs she'd prefer not to perform again (describing the situation in which she wrote it)- but, as we know, she's a fickle little thing.

She pisses me off when she talks about ITG that way!! Bitch, you and Stephen created one of the best pop songs in music history. To me this remains the best uptempo/dance track she's ever done.

Dont try to hide it, love wears no disguise! -Favorite Madonna Quote of all time. :wow:

Her best song of the 1980's & one of the best pop songs ever, especially lyrically; so many good quotes throughout it! The bit about locking the doors at night is SO tailor made for me. Really, I wouldn't mind an ITG performance on every tour, TBQH. It never gets old, it never ceases to be:

tumblr_m1rysiocR41qm68s2o1_r1_400_large.gif

The one that made me fall in love with her. Timeless.

I remember an interview with Erica Bell where she said that she was in the studio with Madonna when they created the song. Steve Bray could not find the bridge and Madonna went into the booth, stuck her gum on the mic and came up with "Live out your fantasy here with me..." on the spot. "The song seems to flow out of her" said Belle.

The superb english vinyl

into%20the%20groove%20pic7a.jpg

In that 2009 RS interview, the interviewer then noted that ITG has an amazing bass line, and that's when M said, "Thank you, Stephen Bray. It always starts with the bass line and the beat. You build it from the ground up. Like on 'Holiday,' 'Hung Up,' 'Music.' I think it has to do with being a dancer, because it 's all about the bass line when you're a dancer. You have to feel it in the center of your gravity."

But I agree with her thoughts about Sorry. :lol:

Well silly or not, I think it's a perfectly crafted pop song.

Cherish on the other hand is soooo underrated. It should b considered a standard.

It's class A songwriting. The rhythm of the words & the structure is beyond brilliant.

Sorry is so embarrassing. She diddn't even got the 'Sorry in dutch' right. I remember some interviewer saying that to her and she looked pissed. :lmao:

And it's very cheesy-sounding.

2z8z3er.jpg

Well silly or not, I think it's a perfectly crafted pop song.

Cherish on the other hand is soooo underrated. It should b considered a standard.

It's class A songwriting. The rhythm of the words & the structure is beyond brilliant.

Cherish is such a lush gorgeous pop song. Madonna's voice sounds so sweet and pure as well. I agree with you - it is so underrated and totally brilliant.

Sorry is so embarrassing. She diddn't even got the 'Sorry in dutch' right. I remember some interviewer saying that to her and she looked pissed. :lmao:

And it's very cheesy-sounding.

Well she says 'Ik ben droevig' in my native language & she sounds like someone's Russian maid :lol:

But it sounds great & it makes sense...when ur sorry u might b sad.

Halfway through "Get lnto The Groove" the monitors went off on stage.

I cannot hear myself! And he's standing there like he doesn't know.

The monitors have never done it before.

Something going on in the building we didn't have at sound check.

I wanna check everywhere to make sure this doesn't happen again...

'cause it happened in "Where's The Party"--

You don't understand there's no way of checking things--

How come it's not happening to Niki and Donna?

I have no answer because there's something close to your frequency--

If you don't find an answer--

I'm singing a cappella and my headset goes out...

and everybody thinks the show is over with.

How come it didn't happen to the girls?

We're all on separate frequencies.

Put me on their fucking frequency. And you know.

Motherfuck!

Ouch!

So I wasn't the only divine thing born that week. :lol: Everything about it is perfection. The Susan dancing. Susan herself. The clothes. The drying of the armpits and of course the amazing song!!!! It's unparalleled.

Well she says 'Ik ben droevig' in my native language & she sounds like someone's Russian maid :lol:

But it sounds great & it makes sense...when ur sorry u might b sad.

Yes. :lol: It really works in the song and I don't think the mistranslation entirely matters. Although in English you can actually use sorry as a synonym for sad. 'He was a sorry state' for example. I guess that's how it was mistranslated.

If you put 'Ik ben droevig' into Google, it comes up as 'I'm Sorry'. I bet that's what she did!

It always irked me that 'True Blue' was mistranslated as 'Very sad' on the Spanish-language pressings.