28 Years of the Magnificent Into The Groove

scrapple

A few weeks back, a DJ played Into The Groove at a local gay bar. The song was sandwiched between tracks from Beyonce & Britney.

People were dancing their asses off to Madonna, including a tall drag queen with a huge fan!

this song was running through my head all day today... one of my favorite singles by anyone ever and among Madonna's absolute best. thanks for posting! it's fun to see all of the performances intercut.

I MOVE WE OFFICIALLY RECHRISTEN THE SONG "GET INTO THE GROOVE" PER MADONNA'S CONTINUED INSISTENCE ON DOING SO. :D

tumblr_m5h3rqkphu1qh7wudo1_500.gif

this song was running through my head all day today... one of my favorite singles by anyone ever and among Madonna's absolute best. thanks for posting! it's fun to see all of the performances intercut.

I MOVE WE OFFICIALLY RECHRISTEN THE SONG "GET INTO THE GROOVE" PER MADONNA'S CONTINUED INSISTENCE ON DOING SO. :D

tumblr_m5h3rqkphu1qh7wudo1_500.gif

Mattress, I agree with you. I always call into Get into the groove as well.

It is my favourite Madonna song and the greatest dance/pop song of all time. Pop music does not get any better than this song. A classic in every sense of the word.

Ok! Into the Groove is the first song I heard of Madonna, or the first song I heard on radio which I know was from Madonna. I was only 8 or 9 years old, and I think this song is the first "adult" song that I actually like. So I went to the music store (old time... The 80s), bought the single, I remember the cover, all black with a picture of Madonna and Rosana Arcket, from the movie. I remember thinking, that Rosana was hotter, because more "normal", Madonna seems to have dirty hair, but I was a child :) I used to play the record 5 or 10 times in a row listening in my headphones and dreaming about this hot girl in my class I was in love with... Well years after I realized my taste had changed no more girls... However my love for Into the Groove is still intact!!!! Love this song

Guest bluejean

LOVE this song, one of her best.

I must say that Reinvention version looks out of place amongst all those classics :lol: Thank God we don't get any "who that be" interferences :lmao:

Guest bluejean
I MOVE WE OFFICIALLY RECHRISTEN THE SONG "GET INTO THE GROOVE" PER MADONNA'S CONTINUED INSISTENCE ON DOING SO

I have always wondered if that was the title she wanted it to have since she has quite deliberately called it that every single time she's ever referred to it. Even in that Molly interview from 1985.

I'm still amazed that she actually doesn't like this song.

Well who says she doesn't? I seem to recall her saying she didn't like it in the mid 90's but has she said anything since? She's performed it recently. And she's expressed hatred for numerous old songs to which she's gone on to perform as well. I get the impression she appreciates her old songs more these days.

I have always wondered if that was the title she wanted it to have since she has quite deliberately called it that every single time she's ever referred to it. Even in that Molly interview from 1985.

Well who says she doesn't? I seem to recall her saying she didn't like it in the mid 90's but has she said anything since? She's performed it recently. And she's expressed hatred for numerous old songs to which she's gone on to perform as well. I get the impression she appreciates her old songs more these days.

I think the song was originally given the title "get into the groove" though, as such I think it was submitted 2 Warner.

& I think she mentions ITG in RS celebration interview as one of the songs she considers silly, Sorry being another one.

Though u should check cuz I might b imagining things...

Well who says she doesn't? I seem to recall her saying she didn't like it in the mid 90's but has she said anything since? She's performed it recently.

in the mid 90s she went through a period of trying to forget she ever had a career. If she'd gone on that Ray Of Light tour it would had less oldies than Drowned World

I think the song was originally given the title "get into the groove" though, as such I think it was submitted 2 Warner.

& I think she mentions ITG in RS celebration interview as one of the songs she considers silly, Sorry being another one.

Though u should check cuz I might b imagining things...

Cherish too! I was very disappointed when she mentioned ITG but I suppose lyrically it's very simple and she probably feels she's moved on. However, the song owes so much to the wonderful production by Stephen Bray - for an eighties track, it's really not dated and is pretty much timeless.