Madonna: Official Billionaire

CMoody

None of these publications have the real numbers. M's team is simply not going to give them out. Hell, the estimates we calculate here as fans, and in terms of what percentage of what she gets, is probably off too.

Overall, most of these estimations are far too conservative.

And Madonna is smart. Her income does not come from her 'brand' alone. There's probably a shit load of money in investments, businesses, etc. she has a hand in that we know nothing about.

Honestly, those articles have a tone like they just don't want to say she's a billionaire. They just don't want to give her the credit. But they're more than happy to build up Justina fucking Bieber, Micheal, Jay-Z, and all the men.

Seriously, Justina Bieber being paraded around as some sort of example to be measured by (an arrogant little shit that probably has no real say in how any aspect of his career is handled...whose mommy has to go out and fight his battles) vs. the most successful (and business/marketing minded genius) female popular artist of ALL TIME...?

Get the fuck out.

Forbes should be shameful of themselves claiming to be a "buisiness magazine" n came up with unverified financail numbers. Based on thier article, All they could say is they have no evidence of her being a billionaire.. They have no proof to say for us she is not! Even M herself might not know. Who knows much her art collection and other non liquid assets are worth? What about her royalties( remember, every time we hear a madonna song on the radio, in a movie, tv series (devil wears prada/ in glee ect) m's wealth expands Stock holdings? Real estates from overseas, bonds and interest? What are her contracts like with live nation n vita coco n intercope? He much did she get for maverick? With so much uncertainty, how could Forbes declare she is definately not a billionaire n only half way there!

Guest ditaluver

what i do not understand is why that douche was only calculating her earnings from 2007- present? did i miss something?

what i do not understand is why that douche was only calculating her earnings from 2007- present? did i miss something?

He's made a few replies on the comments section. He basically claims that that 2007 worth is the actual value of Madonna - in all those years. What I find quite dubious is in the main article he stressed that Madonna's earning and assets in 2007 are of lesser value (yet) because the economy at that time was bad. So basically in the 80s and 90s - when America's economy was doing well - Madonna only earned 300M? Sounds bullshit.

In the end, no one really knows, these Forbes people can speculate all they want, but only Madonna and her accountants know the truth. She's an incredibly wealthy woman and has her money so widely invested that it will be impossible for anyone on the outside to get a remotely accurate guesstimate of her overall worth.

from pawsdownlittlemonsters..... i believe this is a valid argument.

He says “Forbes estimated the singer’s net worth at $325 million six years ago” (2007). Really? Forbes says Madonna’s fortune was only $325 million by 2007? I think what I have stated so far indicates she has made a little more than that. But let’s check some other info:

Madonna got divorced in 2008. She gave Guy Ricthie between $76-$92 million in their divorce. In the worst case scenario, that was 50% of what she made during the years they were married (2000-2008). But here’s the thing: they got married in the UK, and there was no pre-nup. So because their marriage happened there, the money Guy Ritchie was entitled to was the money she made and paid taxes there, in the UK.

In other words, if Madonna had to let go of 50% of her net worth between 2000-2007 in accordance to her marriage in the UK, her net worth would have grown between $152-184 million dollars between the years she was married to him. Did we forget to say she has been around since 1983?

Anyway, I doubt she had to give him 50% of her money. After all, she also got custody of their children. If Guy Ritchie does not have the responsibility of raising their kids, I don’t see why a judge would agree with giving him half of her assets.

Anyway, in case you think that was all the money she made during the years they were married, think again. In between the years 2000 and 2008, Madonna also spent half her time in the US - where she also pays taxes (depending on how long she spends in the country per year).

During her marriage to Guy Ritchie, Madonna toured several times - all her tours were rehearsed in the US, then she traveled around the country, which means, in those years, she also paid taxes and made money in the US, but Guy Ritchie could not touch this money. These tours made $395 million dollars: Drowned World Tour: $75 million; Re-Invention Tour: $125 million; Confessions Tour: $195 million.

If Madonna only takes home 20% of what her tours make, with those three tours alone, she took home other $79 million dollars. And I am not even considering the Sticky and Sweet Tour, which ended around the time their divorce was being finalized and turned out to be the highest grossing tour ever done by a solo artist.

Now think of all the money she has made before she got married to Guy Ritchie (she had a very profitable career between the years 1983-1999 too). Did we forget to mention the money she also makes with royalties and stuff like that? yeah. Exactly!

Just take a look at this SHIT:

Totally Lying About Her Piggy Bank

She once claimed she’s close to being a virgin (fat chance). Now, this reigning cougar is fighting for billionaire status – probably to keep reeling in more boy toys half her age.

The problem is Forbes Magazine has exposed her for lying, outing the Material Girl as having half of what it takes to qualify. Sources say she’s worth closer to $500M – not even close to being a billionaire – only if this Lucky Star saved every penny she’s ever made.

After being checked by Forbes, insiders say her camp contacted the magazine to argue their report. But, the bottom line is she reportedly doesn’t have the numbers to add up to her facade of being the first billionaire entertainer.

She’s a pop culture icon whose art collection is said to be going up in value. Now, can you guess who I’m talking about?

What kind of fuckery is this?

Do these retarded motherfuckers REALLY think Forbes is the motherfucking Bible? :lmao:

if Madonna isn't a billionaire right now,she most certainly is close to being one.One thing's for sure: she is wealthier than any other female recording artist.

She tours every few years and each tour grosses over $300 million.And when you add up the money she makes from tour merchandise and her $120 million LiveNation deal.....it's clear that she is on her way to billionaire status.

Obviously.

Most fans make fun of her side-projects like the gyms, clothing lines, etc. But she's getting tons and tons of money from that too, no matter how hard some people think they are failed projects. You say 'stupid gyms' I say 'you don't know shit about business'. Unless we have some CEOs posting here. :lol:

Forbes magazine estimates are way too conservative

This story feels to me like it was leaked from her own camp anyway..people are no longer talking about that pic of her without makeup

Madonna probably still has every dollar she has ever earned and has been living off the interest from her earnings from 1985

She has been a billionaire for years

I hate money. Well actually I can't really hate paper. It's kinda like football for me. It's overhyped and has become more popular than art and culture. Looking through magazines; I wouldn't read Forbe's if it was the only magazine there. Some people collect figurines. Madonna collects paper. It's no different to me.

Edited by Larkspur

Honestly, those articles have a tone like they just don't want to say she's a billionaire.

This is such an obvious fact that nobody gives a shit about it. Ask anybody, everyone knows that she is a fucking billionaire since the 90s.

The Forbes attempt to downgrade her fortune is laughable even for her haters. Nobody can take that serious.

Just take a look at this SHIT:

Totally Lying About Her Piggy Bank

She once claimed she’s close to being a virgin (fat chance). Now, this reigning cougar is fighting for billionaire status – probably to keep reeling in more boy toys half her age.

The problem is Forbes Magazine has exposed her for lying, outing the Material Girl as having half of what it takes to qualify. Sources say she’s worth closer to $500M – not even close to being a billionaire – only if this Lucky Star saved every penny she’s ever made.

After being checked by Forbes, insiders say her camp contacted the magazine to argue their report. But, the bottom line is she reportedly doesn’t have the numbers to add up to her facade of being the first billionaire entertainer.

She’s a pop culture icon whose art collection is said to be going up in value. Now, can you guess who I’m talking about?

What kind of fuckery is this?

Do these retarded motherfuckers REALLY think Forbes is the motherfucking Bible? :lmao:

Too funny. Forbes exposed HER for lying? As if she started that rumor. A woman, who for 30 years refused to talk about her finances and is actually known for this fact. And if someone in her team is responsible for this story he or she is no longer in her team that's for sure.

It's just so obvious that Forbes is boycotting her because she didn't like this at all:

forbes_usa_smartest.jpg

Forbes is just as biased and fraudulent as award shows. :lmao:

You are damn right. The artcile is more or less a love letter from Forbes and they probably thought she would love them back. Well, it has been reported she went ballistic about the article. Because it was obvious someone from her team was talking. I bet she went hunting for the person and whoever it was was fired immediatly. And when asked about the article to say that Forbes knows shit must have hurt their ego so much that they indeed put her on the black list and therefore downgrading her achievements evertime they can.

You are damn right. The artcile is more or less a love letter from Forbes and they probably thought she would love them back. Well, it has been reported she went ballistic about the article. Because it was obvious someone from her team was talking. I bet she went hunting for the person and whoever it was was fired immediatly. And when asked about the article to say that Forbes knows shit must have hurt their ego so much that they indeed put her on the black list and therefore downgrading her achievements evertime they can.

People are missing something. Maybe they are downplaying her earnings at HER request. It might not be that Forbes are 'seeking Revenge' as some of you seem to think. It's a pathetic publication which is not comprehensive and often inaccurate but I'm not assuming they're out to make her look like a cheap bitch just yet. :lol:

Out of curiousity, I just checked which picasso m owns because a picasso can vary in value depending on the object and quality and the reconignition of the painting. In fact, her picasso painting entitled " a portrait Dora maar", a painting she bought for $5 million us many years ago! A similar painting entitled dora maar was sold in 2006 for us$95.2 million, the 10th most expansive painting sold in history. U guys can check them out if curious. If just one of her painting is worth close to 100 million, I would be suprised if she is not yet a billionaire. Don't forget she has Dali, Frida, and a few Andy Warhols' ( the paintings were gifts from Andy to madonna for her wedding with Sean. ) depending on the quality of the painting...I presume the painting might be a portrait of m. Eight Elvis by Andy Warhol was sold for 100 million in 2008. However, there is no way we know what are the paintings like or worth unless madonna reveals them to the world.