Madonna: Official Billionaire

CMoody

2013 is the year that the ultimate material girl Madonna will officially join the billion-dollar club. As of 2011, Madonna was worth about $700 million, but after her recent tour and a string of successful business ventures, she is now a BILLIONAIRE!

The final numbers are in, and her 2012 MDNA tour grossed $305,158,363 with 2,212,345 in attendance over 88 shows. The “MDNA” final box office is enough to rank “MDNA” No. 10 all-time in tours.

And as if that was not enough, the tour is just one of many parts of the Madonna empire.

• Madonna made $75 million in tour merchandise sales while on the road. This has always been a huge moneymaker for Madonna, selling t-shirt and an array of Madonna themed goodies.
  • According to the fashion and beauty trade Women’s Wear Daily; Madonna made $60 million in sales from her new perfume, Truth or Dare.
  • Investments in COCO WATER are said to have earned her millions, as well as launching a new gym chain called HARD CANDY
  • Madonna made $10 million from her recent deal with Smirnoff. The company has been hyping her tour with TV spots and has just released a special “Madonna” edition bottle of their vodka.
  • The Queen of Pop will also pull in around $10 million in TV rights and DVD sales from her tour.
  • Plus, retail experts estimate Madonna will earn $10 million in 2013 from her “Material Girl” clothing line, shoe line and upcoming Macy’s lingerie line.

Lady Gaga – good luck!

Get it, girl. Although I kinda believe she was a billionaire before this point and just kept her biz to herself. I bet she has way more stocked up than anyone knows about.

Get it, girl. Although I kinda believe she was a billionaire before this point and just kept her biz to herself. I bet she has way more stocked up than anyone knows about.

Not a doubt in my mind - her art collection alone is probably worth a fortune. I think she's been a billionaire for a while now.

Bet she's worth miles more than anyone expects

She's a shrewd penny pinchet and good on her.

I bet if you popped over today for a cup of tea at her london residence she wouldn't have the heating on

She has been this wealthy for a while & good for her & the kids, but maybe next time the good seats for her concerts could be a little less expensive. That would be nice.

Oh I agree with you Nick Im sure she would, its Live Nation that decides on the prices, I think she gets paid the same. Thats why its just as cheap foir us in the UK to fly to Eastern Europe including a flight and a hotel for the same price of a ticket there. Its crazy, I doubt she's even told about the difference. She puts on the same show and has the same energy in each.

Is it really possible to make $75 million on merchandise? That would mean that each person attending the tour spent, on average, $33 on merchandise. Every tour I go to (Madonna or otherwise), I see very very very few people around me actually buying merchandise. So that would mean a small number of people maybe spend hundreds on merchandise???

I wish we had a breakout of such numbers (for any artist's tour) to better understand how this really works.

Also - just a few tidbits:

- Artists (big and small) generally make 30-35% of gross ticket sales. So her take home pay would be $100 million from the tour.

- Celebrities generally get 4% of perfume sales (or so I've read...)

People need to realise the figures stated are gross ones so tax and costs need to be removed too, especially for the tour!

And merchandise figures are pure guess work I imagine. I agree that I didn't see many people actually carrying programmes or wearing T-shirts.

But she's certainly not poor!

i don't know, but what i saw when i went to the show was that the merchandise counters were busy for the most of the time, and the merchandises were not cheap... so... $30+ /person is not impossible?

and with her 360 deal with LN, isn't she supposed to get 90% of the ticket sales?

and this source does not look like a reliable one...

"Oh I agree with you Nick Im sure she would, its Live Nation that decides on the prices, I think she gets paid the same. Thats why its just as cheap foir us in the UK to fly to Eastern Europe including a flight and a hotel for the same price of a ticket there. Its crazy, I doubt she's even told about the difference. She puts on the same show and has the same energy in each".

I here what your saying. It has been difficult to obtain great seats without buying them off of people for a much higher price, but will do it again if the next tour is good. Just no more collaborations with overexposed mainstream pop stars- PSY, Nicki, Timberland, Justin, etc...

Guest Rachelle of London

Every show I went to they ran out of merchandise, especially the American shows, people were complaining that there weren't enough things. I myself wanted a certain T shirt and the Vogue cap but they would always run out. I spent $70 buying merchandise and I know people that left with bags of stuff. Plus I bought loads of stuff off of Madonna,com (tour book, hoodie, t shirt) its easy to see how it could all add up.

Still, she is no match for Australia's Gina Rhinehart who would be laughing at Madonna's pitiful billion. Woman needs to get her ass down under and go gold panning.

Before the show people don't buy much but after the show all of the merchandise stands are mobbed with HUGE lines. It's almost impossible to get a few things and rung up fast! When I rode the subway home after the shows I saw a ton of people in the train with Live Nation plastic bags.

Before the show people don't buy much but after the show all of the merchandise stands are mobbed with HUGE lines. It's almost impossible to get a few things and rung up fast! When I rode the subway home after the shows I saw a ton of people in the train with Live Nation plastic bags.

Live Nation plastic bags? Lame! I preferred these iconic bags. :sassy:

tumblr_mkawssyLa11r7690no1_500.jpg

Live Nation plastic bags? Lame! I preferred these iconic bags. :sassy:

tumblr_mkawssyLa11r7690no1_500.jpg

They ran out of these bags at the Toronto show even before the show started ! :( practically every female in the building were buying Girl Gone Wild tees.