Happy 5 years 4 Minutes

Guest gang bang

Guest Rachelle of London

Me too. The video is awesome too.

Defo my only problem with the video is Madonna looks too airbrushed

I still dont understand the "hate" this song gets by Madonna fans, I think they were expecting Confessions 2.0

Defo my only problem with the video is Madonna looks too airbrushed

I still dont understand the "hate" this song gets by Madonna fans, I think they were expecting Confessions 2.0

I just love how clean the video was in every aspect. Everything about the first single for Hard Candy was fully realized. Granted, the album cover was a thud but aside from that everything started out promising...and then came the Pharrell interlude in GITM which makes me cringe and a live video INSTEAD of Beat Goes On. But as always, shoulda coulda woulda...I love Miles Away and GITM so I'm not complaining but I just think there were so many possible singles.

214119777_17f129158c.jpg

Disgusting song. And gets even worse each year.

I have to agree. I was very VERY passionate about the song when it came out, but over time that just started to change.

Guest Rachelle of London

I just love how clean the video was in every aspect. Everything about the first single for Hard Candy was fully realized. Granted, the album cover was a thud but aside from that everything started out promising...and then came the Pharrell interlude in GITM which makes me cringe and a live video INSTEAD of Beat Goes On. But as always, shoulda coulda woulda...I love Miles Away and GITM so I'm not complaining but I just think there were so many possible singles.

I agree. They missed a trick with this album. The songs themselves actually sound like they were written to become hits. Very radio friendly, ESPECIALLY back in 2008.

Has anyone ever heard this song in a club unexpectedly? It actually is amazing! I remember my 19th birthday, watching my 22 year old black, heterosexual boyfriend and his mates dancing to a Madonna track literally made my whole year! This song certainly earned M new fans! hahahaha

This song and its useless album are just that, useless. I'd rather see her flopping but releasing songs that fit her personality like GMAYL and GGW than a 'hit' that sound nothing like her just for the sake of it, 'a hit'. That's so Mariah Carey.

Madonna lead singles should be enjoyable songs, not just some noises charting on Billboard. :lmao:

Probably one of her most bombastic lead singles ever! I don't care what anyone says, this single at that time was a smart move for her and she did gain fans that normally wouldn't have given Madonna a second thought at that point. This song screamed HIT and as of now it's been her last massive one. Does it really matter 5 years later that some of the HC songs had the signature mid-late 00's Timbo sound?? FS/LS, Loose, HC....ALL of them are old now and are representative of that 2006-2008 period at this point.

Hard Candy is just as disgusting. The Timbaland tracks sound like FutureSex/LoveSounds leftlovers and the Pharrell tracks sound like Justified leftlovers.

Why the fuck Madonna wanted to blend these two JustinTimberlake albums I'll never know.

Congratulations, you have been banned.

Guest Rachelle of London

Where is Timbaland? Never heard of him again...

LOOOL Timbaland is doing just fine, he's just produced the no1 selling album at the moment.

Timbaland has said some really lovely stuff about Madonna! Did anyone watch his E! Special, they literally dedicated like 5 mins of him just talking about Madonna hahahah

Guest Rachelle of London

Probably one of her most bombastic lead singles ever! I don't care what anyone says, this single at that time was a smart move for her and she did gain fans that normally wouldn't have given Madonna a second thought at that point. This song screamed HIT and as of now it's been her last massive one. Does it really matter 5 years later that some of the HC songs had the signature mid-late 00's Timbo sound?? FS/LS, Loose, HC....ALL of them are old now and are representative of that 2006-2008 period at this point.

I agree, I also think Hard Candy has aged "better" than all of those albums.

I agree, I also think Hard Candy has aged "better" than all of those albums.

I agree. At the time, releasing the record was "dated" but that didn't make it any less fun or enjoyable. Now, it's still great and it doesn't matter to me when it was released.