It's exactly one year since MDNA leaked

debord

I remember holding out till I bought the cd, whilst reading all you guys going completely nuts as each snippet was revealed. Those were awesome times....loved all of 2012!

Only a year :( This album seems so long ago now. There was so much excitement and positivity at this point. Everyone went mental when Gang Bang leaked. None of us could believe that song.

Yeah, the Gang Bang snippet was jawdropping, I remember listening to it over and over in disbelief! But what really got me on my feet of excitement were the clips from I'm Addicted and I Don't Give A... Ahhh, good times!

Even though my interest for the album died down now, I would love to relive the whole era from the start again! All those exciting news one day after another, the chaos when the album leaked, the excitement for the upcoming tour, just the knowledge that 2012 is gonna be a killer Madonna year :dramatic:...Yes, I know I'm exaggerating, but I love everything about the MDNA era (besides the poor single choices)! It was way more exciting and fun than the Hard Candy/S&S era.

What a memory! I had class that evening and could not stop looking at my watch waiting to get back home. I promised myself that I wouldn't listen to any of the tracks until all of them, including the bonus tracks, leaked in full. Once that happened, I listened to the album from beginning to start.

It was a wild experience, from hearing Gang Bang which was unlike anything she's ever done before, to the ending of I Don't Give A which made me shit my pants, and the return of William Orbit on I'm a Sinner. My favorite album listening ever. That album came at the right time in my life, it put me back on track.

I actually like Superstar when it surfaced, but it was unlistenable since it was so LQ and filtered, it hurt my ears.

Wow one year already has passed! I agree it seems like so much controversy, wild excitement, and disappointment happened with the eventual release of promo, singles, videos, the album, and tour.

2012 was a memorable year to be a fan!!

really cant believe its been a year already! and in 2012, her look was flawless, no one was able to talk shit about the way she looked.(not that i think she ever looks horrible or anything) but she really did make the most of the haters shut it with her beauty last year. Listening to MDNA still excites me, its gunna end up being one of her best albums for me ever

Seems so long ago. i was at work AND on the ATRL forum and when the news leaked I literally ran out of work to "get coffee" and starting downloading everything to my phone and walking around the block for a good half hour. I still don't know how I got away with it.

In any case, later that day i tried to find a HQ leaked version and a friend recommended I checked Madonnanation. And I've been living online in this insane community every since.

Oh yeah - I first listened to I'm a Sinner and I LOVED it (still do, just a little repetitive). Then I Don't Give A, Love Spent, Gang Bang. Then I'm Addicted and TUTR.

One of the happiest moments of 2012 for me. I knew she was BACK with good music and that's all I cared about.

It was a great year to be a fan. I wasn't worried about "hit singles" or charts, she's a ledgen, that's all beneath her now. The only thing I had a issue with was the updated track list,, it didnt flow, I couldn't connect to the album. Once I rearranged them back to their original order, it all made do much more sense.

It was a great year to be a fan. I wasn't worried about "hit singles" or charts, she's a ledgen, that's all beneath her now. The only thing I had a issue with was the updated track list,, it didnt flow, I couldn't connect to the album. Once I rearranged them back to their original order, it all made do much more sense.

definitely, I wonder what prompted them to shuffle it all round? It was only a couple of weeks before the release as well.

• 3 weeks later...

MadonnaTribe reports that MDNA has sold slightly more than 1,685,000 copies worldwide to date.

It has been certified platinum in 16 countries: Brazil, Canada, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Romania, Russia, Spain and Switzerland.

In another 19 countries, it has been certified gold: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, the UK, the US and Venezuela.

Combined worldwide sales of the 3 singles and individually downloaded album tracks amount to 320,000 units.

Loved the album and the era. The only negative thing: GMAYL. If it was I m Addicted I would ve been 100 percent satisfied.

I remember having Gang Bang, I'm addicted and GGW on repeat, i was crazy about these songs..in fact, about the whole album.I still love it, and im gonna listen to it now.

MDNA must be the Madonna album with the most alternate tracklistings amongst fans. I think everyone has a different track order for this album and I don't think anybody uses the actual tracklisting as released. This is definitely the first Madonna album seemingly made for the "itunes era".

It's funny because one of the best things about this album was that after such a long break from music, she was coming back with an album that (including bonus tracks) had like 16 or 17 tracks. We've never gotten so many songs on one release. On the other hand, all of those tracks made for a less cohesive or "tight" album.

MadonnaTribe reports that MDNA has sold slightly more than 1,685,000 copies worldwide to date.

It has been certified platinum in 16 countries: Brazil, Canada, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Romania, Russia, Spain and Switzerland.

In another 19 countries, it has been certified gold: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, the UK, the US and Venezuela.

Combined worldwide sales of the 3 singles and individually downloaded album tracks amount to 320,000 units.

I thought GMAYL sold 500k in the US alone.