Favourite MOMENTS in M songs

MadFan

No one's telling you how to live your life

But it's a setup until you're fed up

You know its funny how you can listen to a lyric for years and not have it click with you about what it means until way later.

Since this is from her American Life album I am guessing its aimed at America. How we are the land of the "free" (which she touched on in her recent speech) but how free are we really? The moment we are born we have all these expectations thrown at us by society. Go to school. Get good grades. Go to college. Get a good 9 to 5 job. Get married. Have kids. Consume a bunch of shit. Buy a bunch of shit Spend youre whole life paying off the debt from that bunch of material shit. And die.

If you one day wake up and say to yourself, "This life is not for me" or you get "fed up" with the path that is already set for you, you get looked at like there is something wrong with you, (like you are the one with the social disease) or you get shunned. Suddenly you arent so free to live the life you would like to live.

Least thats the way this lyric recently just clicked with me. It says alot really.

She says 'won't let a stranger give me a social disease' which essentially means that she will continue expressing herself despite judgementalism from strangers. Immediately before that comes 'Why should I care what the WORLD thinks of me?'. It's really a song about Madonna putting up with small minded shit. Of course it's relatable to most people...

-"in disguiiiiiiise i can see it in your eyes, eyes, eyes.... baby, baby, babe...your an angel" from the extended version of angel

-till death do us part,

-the second chorus of love spent with a heavier bass line

-"when did your name change from language to magic?" from i'm addicted

-the rap in vogue

-the last 2 minutes of incredible

-the last chorus of frozen

-the first instrumental intro of everybody

-"in the windmills of my eyes, anyone can see...the loneliness inside of me" and the last "just a vacancy love don't liiiiive heeeeeeeeere anymore, live here anymore...."

Don't know if anyone said these yet

There's a certain satisfaction

In a little bit of pain

Intro to Lucky Star

I ran and I ran

I'm still running away

I have truth on my side, you only have deceit

Edited by Larkspur

She says 'won't let a stranger give me a social disease' which essentially means that she will continue expressing herself despite judgementalism from strangers. Immediately before that comes 'Why should I care what the WORLD thinks of me?'. It's really a song about Madonna putting up with small minded shit. Of course it's relatable to most people...

xYCYQ.gif

I Fucked Up

"You wanna know how to make God laugh? Tell him your plans...

We could've bought a house with a swimming pool

Fill it up with Warhols, it would be so cool

Could've gone riding stallions in the countryside

With a pack of Great Danes racing eye to eye

We could've toured the world in a private jet

Run naked on the beach all soaking wet

We could've climbed a mountain, seen a perfect sunrise

Written our names across the sky

We could've gotten drunk and driven on the Autoban

We could've got ourselves arrested in Södermalm

We could have lived life crazy 'til the day we die

Instead I made you cry"

xYCYQ.gif

Skin, who is this man ? He is both hilarious and freaky at the same time.

Another great Madonna song moment is the spoken word section of Rain and the crescendo that leads into "Here comes the Sun" .

Rain has gorgeous lyrics such as Dark skies bursting in the perfect sky, you promised me when she said goodbye and the classic "for the first time, I can hear my heart sing" Beautiful lush song that is so under-rated.

There are some who believe that I owe them something

But they're wrong, I owe nothing to no one but myself

And there are some who say they created me

But only my parents will have that acclaim

I took it from there, I am to blame

Kinda makes me wanna...

All the moments already mentioned +

Don't be afraid to try Just let me love you for a while You'll see, what it's all about Oh baby, I can't clear you out

The end of Secret Garden. I wish that piano would go on forever!

Colonel Sanders says it best "Finger lickin' good" Let's put what you've learned to the test Can you make a fire without using wood

Are you still hungry.. aren't you glad we came I'm glad you brought your raincoat I think it's beginning to rain :dramatic:

All of Physical Attraction!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII will always have you, inside of me

The climax in Get Together.

The bridge to Deeper and Deeper, "Someone said that romance was dead and I believe it instead of...," - the album is filled with fantastic bridges, but I wanna shout this shit out my window whenever I hear it.

In Rescue Me, "Ooh ahh, ooh ahh, love is understanding" - It's dripping wet sex. I love that part.

"Thieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefff of Heaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrheaaaarheaaaarheaaarheaaarhear-ttttttts......, BITCH!" - :dramatic:

Oh, and how she belts "BY MY SELFFFF!" at the end of Oh Father.

these are all fantastic and some of my favorites as well

The overlapping vocals on Who's That Girl's last choruses.

'Instead of spring it's always winter...' from Love Tried To..

'Live out your fantasy here with me..' from Into The Groove.

'Now what could be better than a home cooked meal..?' with the sleazy background saxophone from Where Life Begins.

'You can't stop me now...' the bridge from Gambler.

'Maybe we were meant to be together...' the bridge from Physical Attraction.

The entire intro and first chorus to Express Yourself. Just amazing.

All of Bad Girl.

"Quicker than the ray of light then gone for, someone else will be there, through the endless YEARSSS AH AH AH H AH AH AH AH AWWWWWWW!"

"she's got herself a unviverseeeeeeeeereee-AND I FEEL!"

"Don't think of yesterday and I don't look at the clock I like to boogie woogie-UH UH"

"Maybe we were meant to be together, even though we never met before" the awesome thing about this lines is the harmonies and power of the background singers joining her!

The beginning of die another day! Awesome!

In the last one but one second of the album version of Into The Groove where she sings a knowing 'Yeah.' Turn the volume right up to hear this one.

Yes! I love that bit. It always frustrated me that it was so quiet.

Soo many it is hard to name them all but one I love is the way her voice changes to normal to a Demon like voice in Erotica when she says I'm not going to hurt you.... :dramatic:/>

Just close your eyes.

It's no fan favorite, but Ive always loved the Get Stupid part of Give It 2 Me. Obviously she did too. :horn:/>

GET STUPID, GET SUPID, GET STUPID, DON'T STOP IT.

I love it too.