Favourite MOMENTS in M songs

MadFan

Skin:

The final 90 seconds are trippy and mind blowing....."I'm not like this all the tiiiiiiime, I'm not like this all the timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme". Love it.

Frozen:

The orchestration in the middle of the song is soo beautiful and dramatic. Just heaven.

Erotica:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your mistress tonight." As Whoopi said: "the greatest line to open an album ever".

Justify My Love:

"What are you gonna do, Talk to me.....tell me your dreams, am I in them?"

Vogue:

".....Get up on the Dancefloor"

I'm Addicted:

The breakdown at the end "MDNA MDMA MDNA MDMA"

Bye Bye Baby:

"You're so beautiful....what makes you feel excited? ...what wakes you up inside?

Does it make you feel good to see me cry? I think it does, that's why it's time to say bye-bye!"

"Don't Tell Me:

The breakdown and the orchestration in the final minute is wonderful.

I can't believe I'm the first to mention the "If I ran away..." bit in "Live to Tell"

Absolutely! So beautiful.

Plus the opening lines when it doesn't actually sound like her at all. They add a whole additional aura to the song.

Voices:

"First you say you love me, then you wanna leave me Then you say you're sorry, you play that game so well I'm not your illusion, you're the greatest salesman How could I refuse you when you sold it to yourself?" :dramatic:

Guest Rachelle of London

I adore the last "quicker than a ray of light she's flying" when the beat drops! OMG its the best

"In the evidence of it's brilliance"

"So get up on the daancefloor!"

"I have a tale to tell"

"Live out your fantasy here with me..."

"Now I know you're miiiine"

"Give it up, do as I say, give it up and let me have my way"

"What are you looking at" (SINGLE version)

I'm sure there are tons more I'm overlooking.

There are so many great moments here, I love it! I agree with almost all of them.

But of course one line, way back from the beginning, seems to sum everything up so well: "Dance and sing, get up and do your thing." Simple words she's lived by for 30 years.

I agree with all of these! Gosh, there are so many moments of brilliance in M's discography! :dramatic: Also I'll add:

"If it's bitter at the start, then it's sweeter in the end" (electronic breakdown) :wow:

You're confusing me

'Cause I don't know if you want me

But I know that I want you

And it's nothing to be ashamed of

What are you gonna do?

Stay on LAV

Don't be afraid, it's gonna be alright

Cos I know that I can make you love me....

Shoo bee doo

Come here baby, ooh!

Erotica:

I don't think you know what pain,

I don't think you've got that way...

a lot of the parts I love are in the actual music, but I can't really describe that here!

Guest Not4Pussies

You're confusing me

'Cause I don't know if you want me

But I know that I want you

And it's nothing to be ashamed of

What are you gonna do?

ugh, that is mine

So many I could list that have been already (esp the bridge in Live To Tell - one of the best moments in music for me) So tried to think of a few others,

- the last chorus from Push. Find it really exhilarating!

- the synth from I know It

- the bridge from I'll Remember

- "you're in too deep, you cannot keep the promises you made..."

- "she's a faded smile frozen in time..."

- and the bridge from Who's That Girl.

No one's telling you how to live your life

But it's a setup until you're fed up

You know its funny how you can listen to a lyric for years and not have it click with you about what it means until way later.

Since this is from her American Life album I am guessing its aimed at America. How we are the land of the "free" (which she touched on in her recent speech) but how free are we really? The moment we are born we have all these expectations thrown at us by society. Go to school. Get good grades. Go to college. Get a good 9 to 5 job. Get married. Have kids. Consume a bunch of shit. Buy a bunch of shit Spend youre whole life paying off the debt from that bunch of material shit. And die.

If you one day wake up and say to yourself, "This life is not for me" or you get "fed up" with the path that is already set for you, you get looked at like there is something wrong with you, (like you are the one with the social disease) or you get shunned. Suddenly you arent so free to live the life you would like to live.

Least thats the way this lyric recently just clicked with me. It says alot really.