Just how great is Music (the song)?

ryan

In other news noted Madonna slater Mama Lecter (she says horrible thins about her to wind me up, always has) loves this. And usually she is just an M ballad fan (Take A Bow mainly although she loves Dress You Up and Angel)

I also loved Music Infeno on CT, but I agree a full on funk version would be amaze.

It's one of those songs I could tolerate a 12 minute extended version cos the beat and bleeps RULE

she was on top of the world back then. It's dher fault fat girls in leggings wear Stetsons for hen nights an concerts tho.

I also remember very well the first time i heard it. I was coming back from the supermarket with my sister, she was driving and there was the radio on, i had no idea about the precise date of her new track release (wow the pre internet days were kinda nice actually), and suddenly i heard the end of a new track, i found it very cool and innovative, and then the guy said "this was Music, the new Madonna !" and i was like "oh myyyyy" i was so excited ! When i got home i immediately turned on the radio and it was already everywhere ! i will never forget it...

It just didn't sound like a song she would do.... It was 100% hard core and way ahead of it's time and still is.... I really wish the original version of Girl's Gone Wild leaked the one that was recorded in front of the recording studio in London, it had that Hard Core Electronica sound like MuSiC and Impressive Instant....

Music is perfect in every way. After so many hits from ray of Light, she managed to make some equally good music but in a different style with Beautiful Stranger, American Pie & Time stood still, and just after she again managed to make genius music in once again a different style, and very innovative. She was on a magical roll those years.

Music, as you said, is timeless, it hasn't aged and will never, it's out of time, it's the past the present and the future for ever. The lyrics are not simple, they are straight to the point and are perfect with the beat, it's raw without being cold. It's electro meets funk but yet it's not electro funk, it's something else, it's Music !

And what to say about the video, about the performances, about her look, just magical. No let down, everything beyond our very demanding fans expectations.

Each performances of the track from that era has been simply magical, the EMA's, the Grammy's, the DWT...

Feels like it was yesterday, actually even our emotions about Music are timeless it seems...

I agree, also the Album's Art for the MuSiC Album was her best IMHO.... That Album is a cult classic....

Click on MIXER

Then move your mouse over the symbols

Then click on the play symbols on the top left corner.

Have fun.

It's not one of her singles that I listen to very often anymore, but it is fantastic. The production is great, the hook is great, and it was such a surprise after the more serious ROL era. I'm not a big fan of the video though. I think we would have gotten something much cooler had she not been preggers.

I love MUSIC. I love the remixes. The love the whole album, even the ballads like GONE and especially PARADISE NOT FOR ME. Love the videos. Love Ali G — Is you Madonna?

Love the entire era.

Love it. I was a HUGE fan ever since its release, mostly becuz of the funky ass beat combined with those electronic touches, especially that noisey breakdown towards the end (seriously, the 'DO U WANT TO... BOOGIE WOOGIE' bit is musical perfection). Ugh, It's such a fun song & a jam for the ages.

And that motherfuckin video...

tumblr_mhgu0oaYzB1qzjr2jo1_500.gif

Spray tanned, manicured, drapped in gold, Pregnant, & still pimpin; Big Daddy Donna needs a proper comeback. :wow:

Is you Madonna?

Are you my driver?

Is you Madonna? Your pappalappadons look much bigger on the telly but I still definitely would.

You wish.

I do actually.

I love MUSIC. I love the remixes. The love the whole album, even the ballads like GONE and especially PARADISE NOT FOR ME. Love the videos. Love Ali G — Is you Madonna?

Love the entire era.

The remixes were indeed great. The one that's endured best is the Groove Armada.

I also love how she's reinvented it with each tour. The disco CT version and the '80s S&S are my favorites. I feel like it's the kind of song that can fit any genre. If speedmetal/country is in style in 2019, she could do a version of that and it would work.

Anthemic, great track. It did remind of the first album in a sense. Like, early Madonna meets Kraftwerk.

Like "Holiday," it's more than what's on the surface (though "Holiday" is even more) . Why it worked so well at Live 8.

I remember when it leaked, some stations (especially WKTU in NY) played it for a time before the official release.

I remember when it leaked, some stations (especially WKTU in NY) played it for a time before the official release.

I soooooooo miss the old KTU. Now its turned into Z100's twin.

They used to play a Madonna song every hour it seemed along with other great dance tracks and tons of freestyle.

it reminded me of the first album, particularly Everybody.

I felt the same way. I remember downloading it on Napster the summer of 2000. I was shocked when I heard it because it reminded me so much of Everybody and I never thought that would happen with a new Madonna song. :) It has become a real signature song for her, just like Vogue.

Wow, thanks for posting that! I think she did the right thing by changing that "let me take you for a ride" lyric. Also, it is interesting to note how corny the bridge sounds without all those vocoder effects.

I like that lyric she removed, although I'm glad she removed the references to the dance styles. I also think it's interesting that there's a reference to Taana Gardner's "Heartbeat" in the demo.

And I totally agree about KTU. It's lame now.

Is you Madonna?

Are you my driver?

Is you Madonna? Your pappalappadons look much bigger on the telly but I still definitely would.

You wish.

I do actually.

that's what they're saying?? thanx!!!! :laugh:

Is you Madonna?

Are you my driver?

You wish.

I do actually.

Do you mean Babylons? :chuckle: