Just how great is Music (the song)?

ryan

image32.jpgimage32.jpg

I always remembered hearing stories how some fans were kinda taken back and a bit disappointed when they first heard Music, since it was a big departure (lyrically) from her previous album ROL.

But I find it quite cool that Madonna returned to her dance roots.

I've been listening to this song a lot lately and I can't get enough of it. One of the best things that came from Madonna's musical career was the discovery of Mirwais. He's a wizard on this track along.

It's timeless. Music has not aged one bit. If it were released today it still would still soud fresh and reinvigorating as it did 13 years ago. And that's what makes me love this song even more. The beat is so stimulating, intoxicating, and refreshing; unlike anything she's ever done before.

Music remains (for me) to be one of her greatest #1 hits. It's Madonna at her best.

Music19.jpgMusic19.jpgMusic19.jpg

It's perfection. It's one of my most listened to songs. I love many of the live performances too and she manages to look cool even when taking the piss out of tacky bling. It's like a prelude to American life but with big fun.

Personally one of my favorite singles, and get the impression that she loves the song too. Really think her partnership with Mirwais was interesting and experimental.

Really loved and appreciated ROL too, but was relieved that she was hitting the dance floor again with this solid funky track.

Love it. I was a HUGE fan ever since its release, mostly becuz of the funky ass beat combined with those electronic touches, especially that noisey breakdown towards the end (seriously, the 'DO U WANT TO... BOOGIE WOOGIE' bit is musical perfection). Ugh, It's such a fun song & a jam for the ages.

And that motherfuckin video...

tumblr_mhgu0oaYzB1qzjr2jo1_500.gif

Spray tanned, manicured, drapped in gold, Pregnant, & still pimpin; Big Daddy Donna needs a proper comeback. :wow:

Such a great and catchy song perfect for the new millennium.

Adore it. And love it live

DWT version is amazing and the "here we go lets get this party started woooooo" from the Grammys.

The dancing with Nikki and Donna. The video backdrop. The kinda freestyle dancing. The post Rocco tummy.

When I first heard it on Napster, I knew it would be huge. So catchy and simple. I love that it seemed to combine French techno and subtle hiphop elements. Truly a genius moment...only to be rediscovered as a Saturday Night Fever incarnation on the Confessions Tour (its 2nd best appearance as nothing beats DWT's version in my book).

nothing beats DWT's version in my book).

God, no, it is just such magnificent electric abandon. After 20 more low key songs, the double punch of Holiday with the bongo break and the drawn out craziness of Music is amazing. I have to admit I don't really like the album version I find it... lacking, but all live versions are brilliant.

Love it. I was a HUGE fan ever since its release, mostly becuz of the funky ass beat combined with those electronic touches, especially that noisey breakdown towards the end (seriously, the 'DO U WANT TO... BOOGIE WOOGIE' bit is musical perfection). Ugh, It's such a fun song & a jam for the ages.

And that motherfuckin video...

tumblr_mhgu0oaYzB1qzjr2jo1_500.gif

Spray tanned, manicured, drapped in gold, Pregnant, & still pimpin; Big Daddy Donna needs a proper comeback. :wow:/>

love this!!!!

i remember that it leaked in the summer preceding the release and at first i really hated it!!!! but then came up the official single, the video, the album!!!!

a stunning start for a wonderful album!!!!!!!!!!

of the many live performances (and i like all of them...) i'm just in love for the Music Inferno Confession Tour!!! epic!!! i really hoped for a single in promotion for the dvd....

The song is incred and definitely stands the test of time. Funky, fun, addictive. And the video is life itself. Golden, indulgent, pimp limo, strip club LYFE. I remember when it came out and everyone I knew loved it and watched it over and over. "Is you Madonna?"

When I heard it for the first time, I just wanted to die! I've wanted her to release a true hard kick-ass dance track for years and she absolutely delivered with both Music and Impressive Instant.

One of her absolute classic songs and it makes me happy that it was such a hit. Cool beat, cool video, cool and original M-Dolla, cool track name and so on

It's fantastic (though overplayed live, although should I say "over mixed"...when is it gonna get the full on FUNK treatment it deserves, featuring George Clinton, thank u very much).

Anyway, the zenith of her new found cool (since ROL, pre Kaballah domination)

I can remember being in HS, driving around w the leaked demo (months before the final version leaked or was released), showing all my friends. When the song was released and became a smash, all my friends thought it was so cool that they got to hear it first from their "Madonna insider"...lol.

It was such a shocking departure from ROL, but I believe that was on purpose. The song is simple, yet complex, and a downright classic.

I remember when I first heard it on the radio I had no clue it was Madonna because it wasn't pop but a hard core funk eltronica song, then after the song ended they said new music by Madonna and I was shocked.... MuSiC is IMHO is her best song that's timeless and perfect.... That's her best song from her catalog.... Second being Hung Up....

I can't really add much to this beyond agreeing with what everyone else has said. It's pop perfection and will never get old! I remember hearing a male DJ on a local radio station (Q102 in Philly) that wasn't exactly pro-Madonna (even back then) saying how this is a song that ANYONE could get into because the beat was so great... he was saying that even guys would like this song. Imagine that! :lol: But, I still thought it was cool, that she created something that crossed so many barriers.

Even the title was perfect.

LONG LIVE "MUSIC".

Music is perfect in every way. After so many hits from ray of Light, she managed to make some equally good music but in a different style with Beautiful Stranger, American Pie & Time stood still, and just after she again managed to make genius music in once again a different style, and very innovative. She was on a magical roll those years.

Music, as you said, is timeless, it hasn't aged and will never, it's out of time, it's the past the present and the future for ever. The lyrics are not simple, they are straight to the point and are perfect with the beat, it's raw without being cold. It's electro meets funk but yet it's not electro funk, it's something else, it's Music !

And what to say about the video, about the performances, about her look, just magical. No let down, everything beyond our very demanding fans expectations.

Each performances of the track from that era has been simply magical, the EMA's, the Grammy's, the DWT...

Feels like it was yesterday, actually even our emotions about Music are timeless it seems...

I remember when I first heard it on the radio I had no clue it was Madonna because it wasn't pop but a hard core funk eltronica song, then after the song ended they said new music by Madonna and I was shocked.... MuSiC is IMHO is her best song that's timeless and perfect.... That's her best song from her catalog.... Second being Hung Up....

I also remember very well the first time i heard it. I was coming back from the supermarket with my sister, she was driving and there was the radio on, i had no idea about the precise date of her new track release (wow the pre internet days were kinda nice actually), and suddenly i heard the end of a new track, i found it very cool and innovative, and then the guy said "this was Music, the new Madonna !" and i was like "oh myyyyy" i was so excited ! When i got home i immediately turned on the radio and it was already everywhere ! i will never forget it...