waste of space

CMoody

I am sorry, but I have always felt that Madonna's "destroy your ego" Kabbalah blabbing is like listening to Lindsay Lohan discuss the dangers of constant partying and hard drug abuse.

Well I'm sure Lindsay knows a lot about that...unfortunately she's not quite as articulate or grounded as Madonna. Seemingly...

Madonna: "End the me, me, me syndrome....Decrease your ego...."

-Spends the previous year immaturely jabbing Lady Gaga and allowing fans to wait hours before show starts with zero explanation or apology. :huh:

Sorry to sound rude but you come across as a pathetic, whinging four letter word. You say the same whiney jibes over and over. I mean, get over yourself. Madonna isn't going to make personal apologies and change her schedule. It's really not that big a deal.

Has anyone here been to a rock show? Every show I've ever been to has had a 7pm or 8pm doors open policy and they don't go on till 11. Sure they have 2 opening acts usually but still they come on late. The whole debate is ridiculous. I don't believe it's ego driven. She's working around the clock to get to the show. She's not fingering herself in her bed somewhere. It shows and it's obvious when you see her rehearsing. Obviously she has to eat, shower, and she's made it clear she works out for 2 hours a day. You do the math. There aren't enough hours in the day but regardless, she knows it's the only way to keep her stamina, professionalism and show moving forward.

The whole thing about her throwing jabs at Gaga and being spiritual is ridiculous. It's one thing people misunderstand about her. She is obviously self-centered. Anyone in the entertainment business has to be focused on THEMSELVES and she has been for 30+years. Se has grown and evolved and become spiritually aware about life and who she is and how she perceives the world around her.

With that said, we still live in the mundane world full of the media that she's manipulated and she still the same tongue and cheek person. If anything, it shows how much more wisdom she has. She is misunderstood because she is so many things, that they can and wll, indeed contradict themselves at some point or another. I have a similar personality and sometimes, you're all this and sometimes you're all that and yet you believe both and understand the perspective of both.

Idk, I just went on a rant. I'd explain it better in person. Lol

Has anyone here been to a rock show? Every show I've ever been to has had a 7pm or 8pm doors open policy and they don't go on till 11. Sure they have 2 opening acts usually but still they come on late. The whole debate is ridiculous.

Exactly. I can't believe there are still people HERE on Madonnanation accusing her for being late for THREE hours. I talked to the staff in the arena when I went to see the show and they showed my there timetable, it was officially scheduled there that she would not show up until 1030pm. 8pm was for the opening act.

Guest Not4Pussies

Has anyone here been to a rock show? Every show I've ever been to has had a 7pm or 8pm doors open policy and they don't go on till 11. Sure they have 2 opening acts usually but still they come on late. The whole debate is ridiculous. I don't believe it's ego driven. She's working around the clock to get to the show. She's not fingering herself in her bed somewhere. It shows and it's obvious when you see her rehearsing. Obviously she has to eat, shower, and she's made it clear she works out for 2 hours a day. You do the math. There aren't enough hours in the day but regardless, she knows it's the only way to keep her stamina, professionalism and show moving forward.

The whole thing about her throwing jabs at Gaga and being spiritual is ridiculous. It's one thing people misunderstand about her. She is obviously self-centered. Anyone in the entertainment business has to be focused on THEMSELVES and she has been for 30+years. Se has grown and evolved and become spiritually aware about life and who she is and how she perceives the world around her.

With that said, we still live in the mundane world full of the media that she's manipulated and she still the same tongue and cheek person. If anything, it shows how much more wisdom she has. She is misunderstood because she is so many things, that they can and wll, indeed contradict themselves at some point or another. I have a similar personality and sometimes, you're all this and sometimes you're all that and yet you believe both and understand the perspective of both.

:smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch:

Mensch, This is a brilliant post. If you want to call it a rant, please feel free to rant as much as you like. :clap:

agree and especially i want to say how much i like your new avatar and your sig...where it comes from (the sig....)?

Sorry to sound rude but you come across as a pathetic, whinging four letter word. You say the same whiney jibes over and over. I mean, get over yourself. Madonna isn't going to make personal apologies and change her schedule. It's really not that big a deal.

Coming from THE reigning four-letter word of this forum, I will take this as a compliment. :kiss:

And AGAIN (since you seem to think this is MY complaint) I am speaking for her majority ticket buyers. Did you see the show live? Surely anyone who did MOST CERTAINLY witnessed the upset the late shows caused. THAT'S the reason I say anything at all, it isn't personal complaint.

You people are delusional. Madonna could piss on your forehead and tell you it was raining and you would believe her. Her "opening act" is a DJ that spins for all of what, 30 mins-1 hour. The rest of the time (hours) the crowd sits there dumbfounded waiting for some form of entertainment. I truly don't give a fuck how late she is, I am a huge fan and would gladly wait however long I needed to in order to see her in the flesh, doing what she does best, perform...but I am thinking of the MAJORITY. The crowds boo for a reason, her lateness is an issue, there is no argument. Guy O wouldn't be on her ass to get on stage earlier if it were "standard rock show procedure".....

Like I said, I dropped bitching about this months ago (it's impossible to have a levelheaded discussion about it with some members here) so to those who are giving me shit for it, I didn't bring it up outta the blue, I only commented on what I felt was ironic seeing she is still preaching about egos when her actions last year made the exact opposite statement.

High ticket prices, lack of hits, late show starts.....these are the things the vast majority remember the MDNA Tour for. Have you people seen her TicketMaster page? I watched with my own eyes as DROVES, and I mean DROVES of people walked out on her in Miami. It was awful to witness. You cannot turn a blind eye and justify this. Even if YOU think it's okay to start the shows when she does, the MAJORITY does not, and they are the people making it possible for YOU to see Madonna in her element, putting on these massive shows.

We can live in a bubble and jerkoff to how artistically masterful the show was (because it is certainly one of her all time BEST tours...hand down)....but she isn't playing to small venues of diehards like us, she is trying to fill arenas on multiple nights and massive stadiums. Piss off her MAJORITY, suffer the loss in business. I don't want her to suffer slow or low ticket sales, I want her to keep dominating the touring world as it is truly where she is still QUEEN...the ticket sales don't lie. So I go on and on about it because the woman needs to wake the fuck up and realize not everyone purchasing a ticket to see her believes she is an otherworldly deity.

You people are delusional. Madonna could piss on your forehead and tell you it was raining and you would believe her. Her "opening act" is a DJ that spins for all of what, 30 mins-1 hour. The rest of the time (hours) the crowd sits there dumbfounded waiting for some form of entertainment. I truly don't give a fuck how late she is, I am a huge fan and would gladly wait however long I needed to in order to see her in the flesh, doing what she does best, perform...but I am thinking of the MAJORITY. The crowds boo for a reason, her lateness is an issue, there is no argument. Guy O wouldn't be on her ass to get on stage earlier if it were "standard rock show procedure".....

Like I said, I dropped bitching about this months ago (it's impossible to have a levelheaded discussion about it with some members here) so to those who are giving me shit for it, I didn't bring it up outta the blue, I only commented on what I felt was ironic seeing she is still preaching about egos when her actions last year made the exact opposite statement.

High ticket prices, lack of hits, late show starts.....these are the things the vast majority remember the MDNA Tour for. Have you people seen her TicketMaster page? I watched with my own eyes as DROVES, and I mean DROVES of people walked out on her in Miami. It was awful to witness. You cannot turn a blind eye and justify this. Even if YOU think it's okay to start the shows when she does, the MAJORITY does not, and they are the people making it possible for YOU to see Madonna in her element, putting on these massive shows.

We can live in a bubble and jerkoff to how artistically masterful the show was (because it is certainly one of her all time BEST tours...hand down)....but she isn't playing to small venues of diehards like us, she is trying to fill arenas on multiple nights and massive stadiums. Piss off her MAJORITY, suffer the loss in business. I don't want her to suffer slow or low ticket sales, I want her to keep dominating the touring world as it is truly where she is still QUEEN...the ticket sales don't lie. So I go on and on about it because the woman needs to wake the fuck up and realize not everyone purchasing a ticket to see her believes she is an otherworldly deity.

I've only been vaguely following this debate here, but I've said this before: I don't understand why this is such a big deal. I was well aware that she goes on around 10pm, so I showed up at 9:30pm. It's not general admission. Your seat is safe. It's a rock concert, not the New York Symphony. Go to any indie band in any small club and the same thing happens. One or two opening acts play for two hours before the band you went to see even takes the stage - sometimes at 10pm or later. You get home at 2am, you can barely hear, and you're late for work the next day. It's called ROCK AND ROLL.

That said, I do understand people being pissed for paying ridiculously high ticket prices and then having to wait until 10pm when the ticket says 8pm. But who are these people storming out in "droves"? Is Miami the only place this happened? If so, apparently Floridians are especially impatient and/or have so much fucking disposable income to spare that they can spend $350 on a concert ticket and then leave because they have to take their kids to daycare at 8am the next morning? It just doesn't add up. If people were storming out, it's because they probably got free tickets or weren't really fans to begin with. I understand there are more "casual" fans out there, but no one seemed to care at Yankee Stadium when I went. They were just excited to be seeing the fucking queen.

So there's my two cents.

Never Again - Past Her Prime

American Airlines Arena

- Miami

, Fl

Posted 03/09/2013

by Simba9960

This Fan's Reviews

I'm SO discontent with how she has no respect for her fans. She's amazing, talented and such a kick a-- performer but she has now reached a new low with those that have supported her the whole way through. Miami was a total disaster for her...in one instance she's made many fans no longer rally for the queen of pop...time to make room for other performers like P!nk! Madge should really humble herself a bit…I’m hoping this was her very last concert.

Horrible and Disrespectful Performer

American Airlines Arena

- Miami

, FL

- 11/19/2012

Posted 01/24/2013

by Taz1972

This Fan's Reviews

One word to sum up this night-------A Nightmare!!!!!!! I drove from West Palm Beach to Miami (70 miles with a sinus infection and sick to see this show!!!!! Ugh!!!!!! Also, the air conditioning was turned off in the arena. Madonna supposedly cannot sing with the AC on in a venue. Are you kidding me, everyone including the arena personnel were burning up!!! It was like an oven!!!! Worst concert experience ever!!!!

Madonna has no respect for her fans and her time is up. This is the 5th concert of hers that I have gone to and will be the last. She is known for being a little late to come on stage, but this tour was just disrespectful to fans. This show was on a Monday night at 11:30pm, Madonna was still not on stage so myself, sister and about 1/4 of the people in the American Airlines Arena "walked out" before her majesty (I am being sarcastic) decided to take the stage, which by the way was 11:45pm! Are you kidding me, people do have to work the next day!!!!!!! Just check out the reviews online and you wiill see for yourself. Madonna, Miami, FL Monday Novembewr 19, 2012 Late 3 1/2 to show.

Also, Madonnas 2nd show in Miami, FL on November 20, she did not come on stage again until 11:45pm too. No apology or anything. I watched the show on You Tube and I am glad we walked out-the show was aweful. It consisted of horrible songs from her latest CD, MDNA, and terrible reworked versions of Open Your Heart, Like a Virgin (sounded like cats in heat), Vogue (was clearly lip synched) and Express Yourself was the only decent performance. She did nothing from her first album-no Holiday, Lucky Star, Everybody, etc, etc, etc. She perfomed about 60 seconds of Papa Don't Preach (WTF). She did that knock off song of holiday "Celebration" as a finally. Are you kidding me? Glad we left and also the tickets were for my sisters birthday too. Thanks Madonna for ruining my sisters birthday present. We grew up with her in the 80s and our generation made her famous. Now her career is over.

Also, Madonna is pathetic, her two kids Rocco and Lola were in her show and she stripped down to her bra and a thong to sing Like A Virgin! Does that old hag, have to shame. I think not. That is just gross. She performed like that at 54 years old and with her kids watching her. She has clearly gone nuts.

Worst Madonna Concert Ever and the seating charts on Ticketmaster are clearly misleading. We bought tickets in section 325 which was a side view and nose bleed seats. Those were $200 each. The chart showed it as mid arena and mid level. f she ever tours again, I cannot see how she could sell out a show at a high school gymnasium.

Disappointing

Mgm

- Las Vegas

Posted 01/14/2013

by Anonymous

I flew from Georgia to Las Vegas to see the show and was very disappointed that the majority of the show was all her new stuff and very little of all the songs that made her who she is today. I will think twice on seeing her next round. Also...having a DJ as the opening act was just silly

Definitely a miss

Time Warner Cable Arena

- Charlotte

, NC

- Thu, Nov 15, 2012

Posted 01/11/2013

by Anonymous

She didn't come on until 11pm. The sound was horrible unless you were on the floor. It was very visually appealing but lacked in other areas. All of the older songs were cut short. There was too much rambling about unimportant things. I'd only go again if she did some kind of number 1's tour.

Madonna Shows lack of respect to fans

AmericanAirlines Arena

- Miami

, FL

- Tue, Nov 20, 2012

Posted 01/06/2013

by Paulo23

This Fan's Reviews

Delay of more than three hours in all shows. That's a little bit too much.

A Diva Wannabe.

I know it's a new Album Tour, but she could at least please the loyal fans with some hits from old times.

Not a total disappointment, but expected a lot more.

Favorite moment: After waiting for more than 3 hours for the concert to begin, my favourite moment was actually the end of it.

Opening act(s): Boring DJ with songs unrelated out of context.

Worst Madonna Show Ever!

Time Warner Cable Arena

- Charlotte

, NC

- Thu, Nov 15, 2012

Posted 12/30/2012

by MISSPARQUE

This Fan's Reviews

I have seen the queen of pop three times and this was the worst of the three. She was very late starting the show. She didn't take the stage until after 1100pm with no explanation of her tardiness and the tickets were way over priced. I think Madonna needs to follow Cher or Kylie & start being more theatrical. How many black costumes can you change into? Why will a huge catalog do you keep doing the same songs over and over, tour after tour. I am a huge Madonna fan, but I think she's losing her touch.

Madonna- A Total Disappointment

Oracle Arena

- Oakland

, CA

Posted 12/26/2012

by RockinRocklin

This Fan's Reviews

I have been a fan of Madonna since the mid-eighties and have always looked forward to seeing her show. Unfortunately, her show ranks among the worst I have seen. Can't say exactly what it was that was so disappointing, I just know that is the way I felt after leaving. When she toured a few years back, she played in Oakland and I happened to be riding BART from a baseball game at the same time fans of the Madonna show were leaving. I heard a lot of the same comments. Maybe she should stick to preforming and leave her political views out of it. She needs to remember its entertainment, not a forum for expressing her views; even if I agree with some of them

Madonna Better Off Retiring!!

AmericanAirlines Arena

- Miami

, FL

- Tue, Nov 20, 2012

Posted 12/26/2012

by neverinamillionyears

This Fan's Reviews

The concert left a poor impression, especially Madonna.

The show theme sets centered around violence.

I found her 'F*@K OFF!!' rant to be very lame, offensive and uninspiring.

By the way, I feel if an artist knows she'll be showing up three hours late for her performance... she should have the grace to offer an opening act!

The entire experience can be summed up as lame.

BOTTOM LINE:

I wouldn't attend another Madonna concert even if I was given VIP tickets for free!!

2.5 hours late. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!!!! DON'T GO

United Center

- Chicago

Posted 12/24/2012

by NoneYe

This Fan's Reviews

This is a rather late review. I saw her back in September at the United Center. Concert was suppose to start at 8pm. She did not come out until 10:30pm. I don't have respect for artists who shows up that late. The tickets were ridiculously expensive too. I will NEVER see her again cause it was a TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!!!

Opening act(s): DJ Paul Oakenfold was a horrible dj. I don't even know why he opened for Madonna. He was not a real DJ. This whole concert was a rip off!

Madonna - waste of time

AmericanAirlines Arena

- Miami

, FL

- Mon, Nov 19, 2012

Posted 12/18/2012

by CrisRX

This Fan's Reviews

The concert start time was for 8pm. We got there at 730pm and 830pm a DJ came out and "played" for 1.5 hours. Then we continued to wait...and wait...and wait....until 1130pm when still no Madonna, and we left. Along with about 5000 other people. Of course she came out about 15 minutes later, but this was a Monday night, I live and hour away, and had to be up for work at 6am. Ridiculous! I heard she did the same thing in San Diego. I won't be going to another of her concerts again.

Madonna was a disappointment!

Madonna

- Detroit

, Mi

- 11/08/2012

Posted 12/16/2012

by Anonymous

For starters, coming on 3 hours late is so direspectful to all her fans. Is she that self absorbed that she doesn't think anyone needs to be somewhere in the morning on a school/worknight? It would have been fine but no warm up band-people were just seething thinking who the hell does she think she is? Sorry but I was wanting to hear songs I actually knew. Shooting her boyfriend in the head with blood splatter all over the screen-this is entertainment? Sorry Girl-you lost me as a fan and I think most people won't attend your venue knowing your disrespect to your fans.

Worst Concert Ever

Excel Energy Center

- St Paul

Posted 12/10/2012

by Ballsdeep69

This Fan's Reviews

I would give Madonna Zero stars if I could.

If you want to hear all of the Madonna hits listen to them on your Ipod. She only played four of what I consider her hits of the past, the rest was garbage from her new album.

Also, she was extremely late getting started, 10:45 pm on a Sunday night. Tickets said 8pm and the warm up performer was a joke of a DJ. A DJ, really...

Save your money, this concert is not worth it.

Favorite moment: When it ended

Opening act(s): Terrible DJ

Ridiculous! Madonna was such a diva.

AmericanAirlines Arena

- Miami

, FL

- Mon, Nov 19, 2012

Posted 12/05/2012

by ugh2

This Fan's Reviews

The audacity Madonna had to make her fans wait 3.5 hours for her to take the stage is just plain selfish and rude! I will NEVER go to another show of hers again. THe show was not worth the wait; we left early. So disappointed. Not a great way to keep your fans!

Favorite moment: none

Opening act(s): None

Not worth the wait

Madison Square Garden

- New York

, NY

- Mon, Nov 12, 2012

Posted 12/04/2012

by Blanc

This Fan's Reviews

The show was simply not worth the two and a half hour wait

madonna sucked

Time Warner Cable Arena

- Charlotte

, NC

- Thu, Nov 15, 2012

Posted 12/03/2012

by ecintric

This Fan's Reviews

Bad enough that we had the worst seats ever and the acoustics in the rafters echoed, but eleven oclock? Really? on a thursday night, the concert started at 11? Why put 8 on the tickets? At midnight, you could see the mass exodus out of every door in the place. Guess we weren't the only ones pissed off. Might not have been so bad if the show hadn't sucked. This album was not good and thats all she did. We left early.

Opening act(s): A dj. Really, a dj.

Time Warner Cable Arena

- Charlotte

, NC

- Thu, Nov 15, 2012

Posted 12/03/2012

by Anonymous

terrible. This was my 4th time seeing her and she was late coming on (10:30pm) and music choice was not good. The DJ prior was better. We left early.

Madonna Concert was very disappointing!

United Center

- Chicago

, IL

- Wed, Sep 19, 2012

Posted 12/02/2012

by disappointedticketholder

This Fan's Reviews

Be careful of the seats that are sold! We were BEHIND the stage on the side and they tried to make it a better view by hanging a screen for additional viewing. That is not what we were there for. WIth the prices of the tickets for this concert, these should NEVER have been an option. On top of having disappointing seats - she was incredibly late...which was not apologized for. You would think that Madonna would be appreciative of her fans and try to make a little more effort.

Madison Square Garden

- New York

, NY

- Tue, Nov 13, 2012

Posted 12/02/2012

by Wambo

This Fan's Reviews

I have been to alot of concerts and i have never had to wait for 3 hrs for a show to start. I think it's highly disrespectful for her to show up so late and to make matters worse not even acknowledge it. She is an icon and as much as she put on a great show i can not get past the tardiness it's very inconsiderate and offensive. People pay alot of money to see her and this is how she repays them? Not very cool in my opinion.

Favorite moment: When South Korean sensation Psy appeared out of nowhere and they danced together that was pretty awesome!

Setlist: Vogue,Like A Prayer,Express Yourself,Girls Gone Wild.

Opening act(s): I loved listening to French DJ Martin Solveig he had us dancing the whole time.

MGM Grand Hotel

- Las Vegas

, NV

- Sun, Oct 14, 2012

Posted 11/30/2012

by ccdmt

This Fan's Reviews

this was the worst concert i ever attended.started 2 hours late spent more time ranting about politics and women and gay rights then singing.wish i had the 5 hours and the 660 dollars back,would of been better spent on the tables in LV.

WORST CONCERT & Madonna was SUPER LATE

US Airways Center

- Phoenix, AZ

- 10/16/2012

Posted 11/29/2012

by Merica2012

This Fan's Reviews

We bought the ticket for 8pm show which she hasn't got on the stage until 10:58pm. She send her Club-like DJ playing DJ after waiting for one hour which started at 9pm then he played for almost 1.5 hours while Madonna wasn't ready. REALLY? We didn't buy ticket to see a DJ, came to see her sing. I was so skeptic after all the review about her being late, I thought it wouldn't happen again. Now with her finally starting at 11pm when it suppose to start at 8pm, she didn't even apologize for her being late. When she finally started, her first 30 minute of concert was such a joke. You can't even hear her singing, she doesn't dance anymore and all gunning/war sound show she's into was horrible. We end up not enjoying it, we left the concert and there were others leaving too. People who are Madonna age (longtime fan) were disappointed and said was the WORST one ever experienced! So we basically blew our money for nothing and expected more of her. Shame and never again would go to her concert.

Excellent Show but a long delay waiting

AmericanAirlines Arena

- Miami

, FL

- Tue, Nov 20, 2012

Posted 11/29/2012

by sbhrwryiarvfuiluiar

This Fan's Reviews

Excellent Show it was very interested and entertainment, but a long delay waiting for her to appear more than 3 hours of delay, not good for the normal public like me

Favorite moment: Her appeareance

MADONNA AT MADISON SQAURE GARDEN NOV. 13, 2012

Madison Square Garden

- New York

, NY

- Tue, Nov 13, 2012

Posted 11/27/2012

by Anonymous

We were very annoyed that Madonna didn't start until almost 3 hours later, she went on at 10:50pm. WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS MARILYN MONROE? People have work the next day, I have to catch two trains to get home, and just made the last train out of Grand Central by the skin of my teeth. You don't treat your fans like that, people were walking out of the show after a couple of songs. Once it got started was ok, I would have liked to have heard more old songs. I liked her performance with PSY. Then there was the GOD AWFUL Like a Virgin display, I wanted to slice my wrists to go through that torture, she is singing, (more like a monk's chant), then she stops, sits on the piano, and asks for a donation to Sandy, didn't she bleed the fans dry already with the ticket price, why doesn't she give money to Sandy from the profits she made on the tickets. One guy gave her $20, and she threw it back, acting like it wasn't enough, Her attitude towards her fans is UNFORGIVEABLE, AND VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Favorite moment: GIRL GONE WILD

Setlist: Would have liked more of the old songs

Opening act(s): Loved Girl Gone Wild

The Emporess Has No Clothes

Philips Arena

- Atlanta

, GA

- Sat, Nov 17, 2012

Posted 11/27/2012

by Confessions

This Fan's Reviews

Over the years, this was my 6th Madonna concert.... and my last. I compare it to past shows I have attended and those I've seen on dvd. Sad to say but her better days may be behind her. The show was dull and lifeless as she went through the motions. There are a couple of good songs off her latest, MDNA, but not a show's worth of interesting songs to bring to the stage. If you had floor seats and stood for the show, as I did, you probably had to watch the monitors to see the show because for 3 or 4 songs, she was lying on the floor. Impossible to see the performances. For others, she stood behind the microphone stand, for some, she brandished a pistol at the crowd or dancers, but there was very little dancing. She complained that one attendee up front had his arms crossed. She scolded him, saying she was up there working her ass off. Um...no girl...you were not. She again donned the beret for a folky version or two of a song, used the crucifix again, and did the French bordello gig where she acts manly as the female dancers try to seduce her, yet she ignores them. A few times, she pushes the male dancers back as they approach and then they tumble backwards. This is not original. This is not what I expected Madonna to bring to the stage. Yes, she was over two hours late getting on stage. Many around me complained out loud that they were getting tired. Then, for me, the unthinkable happened, what I never thought I would/could do: I left early. I just gave up on waiting for the show to get good. No, I was not there for the old tunes, I was there to see an excellent show for my 350.00. I was shocked to find, upon getting to the outer lobby, that there were hundreds leaving as well: the lobby getting full: many outside headed to their cars. I found Madonna to be very disrespectful of her fans for being so late and putting on such a mess of a show.

Madonna??

Scottrade Center

- St Louis

, MO

- Thu, Nov 1, 2012

Posted 11/27/2012

by Darby116

This Fan's Reviews

I was very excited to see her. Her opening act was zero fun. By the time she graced the stage, I was over my excitement. I know she doesn't need me and that she will do just fine. I had always held her in favorable regard....she no longer holds a place for me. Her show was ok...it is rude for her to start to much later than the announced time. Just issue the tickets saying 10 p.m. We could have had a nice longer dinner. I have enjoyed other artists and their shows much more than her. Sorry, it was very disappointing. Left before she finished. I am sure I did not miss anything special. Glad I did not pay for the expensive seats....almost did. Much better ways to spend my hard earned money than inflated prices for her show.

Favorite moment: Going home.

Opening act(s): boring

Cmoody, you've beat this issue into the ground. For awhile it seemed you got over it but now you're just trying to provoke. Keep derailing threads with this bizarre fixation of yours (you'd think you'd just let the issue rest by now), and I'll either erase your posts or suspend you for 48 hours. Take your pick.

Start another thread about how you want Madonna to be Sesame Street and Kissez & Hugz for you. But don't bring it up over and over in a thread where it's obviously not going down very well. It just makes you seem like you wanna make people angry.

Worst Concert Ever

Excel Energy Center

- St Paul

Posted 12/10/2012

by Ballsdeep69

This Fan's Reviews

I would give Madonna Zero stars if I could.

If you want to hear all of the Madonna hits listen to them on your Ipod. She only played four of what I consider her hits of the past, the rest was garbage from her new album.

Also, she was extremely late getting started, 10:45 pm on a Sunday night. Tickets said 8pm and the warm up performer was a joke of a DJ. A DJ, really...

Save your money, this concert is not worth it.

Favorite moment: When it ended

Opening act(s): Terrible DJ

Ridiculous! Madonna was such a diva.

AmericanAirlines Arena

- Miami

, FL

- Mon, Nov 19, 2012

Posted 12/05/2012

by ugh2

This Fan's Reviews

The audacity Madonna had to make her fans wait 3.5 hours for her to take the stage is just plain selfish and rude! I will NEVER go to another show of hers again. THe show was not worth the wait; we left early. So disappointed. Not a great way to keep your fans!

Favorite moment: none

Opening act(s): None

Not worth the wait

Madison Square Garden

- New York

, NY

- Mon, Nov 12, 2012

Posted 12/04/2012

by Blanc

This Fan's Reviews

The show was simply not worth the two and a half hour wait

madonna sucked

Time Warner Cable Arena

- Charlotte

, NC

- Thu, Nov 15, 2012

Posted 12/03/2012

by ecintric

This Fan's Reviews

Bad enough that we had the worst seats ever and the acoustics in the rafters echoed, but eleven oclock? Really? on a thursday night, the concert started at 11? Why put 8 on the tickets? At midnight, you could see the mass exodus out of every door in the place. Guess we weren't the only ones pissed off. Might not have been so bad if the show hadn't sucked. This album was not good and thats all she did. We left early.

Opening act(s): A dj. Really, a dj.

Time Warner Cable Arena

- Charlotte

, NC

- Thu, Nov 15, 2012

Posted 12/03/2012

by Anonymous

terrible. This was my 4th time seeing her and she was late coming on (10:30pm) and music choice was not good. The DJ prior was better. We left early.

Madonna Concert was very disappointing!

United Center

- Chicago

, IL

- Wed, Sep 19, 2012

Posted 12/02/2012

by disappointedticketholder

This Fan's Reviews

Be careful of the seats that are sold! We were BEHIND the stage on the side and they tried to make it a better view by hanging a screen for additional viewing. That is not what we were there for. WIth the prices of the tickets for this concert, these should NEVER have been an option. On top of having disappointing seats - she was incredibly late...which was not apologized for. You would think that Madonna would be appreciative of her fans and try to make a little more effort.

Madison Square Garden

- New York

, NY

- Tue, Nov 13, 2012

Posted 12/02/2012

by Wambo

This Fan's Reviews

I have been to alot of concerts and i have never had to wait for 3 hrs for a show to start. I think it's highly disrespectful for her to show up so late and to make matters worse not even acknowledge it. She is an icon and as much as she put on a great show i can not get past the tardiness it's very inconsiderate and offensive. People pay alot of money to see her and this is how she repays them? Not very cool in my opinion.

Favorite moment: When South Korean sensation Psy appeared out of nowhere and they danced together that was pretty awesome!

Setlist: Vogue,Like A Prayer,Express Yourself,Girls Gone Wild.

Opening act(s): I loved listening to French DJ Martin Solveig he had us dancing the whole time.

MGM Grand Hotel

- Las Vegas

, NV

- Sun, Oct 14, 2012

Posted 11/30/2012

by ccdmt

This Fan's Reviews

this was the worst concert i ever attended.started 2 hours late spent more time ranting about politics and women and gay rights then singing.wish i had the 5 hours and the 660 dollars back,would of been better spent on the tables in LV.

WORST CONCERT & Madonna was SUPER LATE

US Airways Center

- Phoenix, AZ

- 10/16/2012

Posted 11/29/2012

by Merica2012

This Fan's Reviews

We bought the ticket for 8pm show which she hasn't got on the stage until 10:58pm. She send her Club-like DJ playing DJ after waiting for one hour which started at 9pm then he played for almost 1.5 hours while Madonna wasn't ready. REALLY? We didn't buy ticket to see a DJ, came to see her sing. I was so skeptic after all the review about her being late, I thought it wouldn't happen again. Now with her finally starting at 11pm when it suppose to start at 8pm, she didn't even apologize for her being late. When she finally started, her first 30 minute of concert was such a joke. You can't even hear her singing, she doesn't dance anymore and all gunning/war sound show she's into was horrible. We end up not enjoying it, we left the concert and there were others leaving too. People who are Madonna age (longtime fan) were disappointed and said was the WORST one ever experienced! So we basically blew our money for nothing and expected more of her. Shame and never again would go to her concert.

Excellent Show but a long delay waiting

AmericanAirlines Arena

- Miami

, FL

- Tue, Nov 20, 2012

Posted 11/29/2012

by sbhrwryiarvfuiluiar

This Fan's Reviews

Excellent Show it was very interested and entertainment, but a long delay waiting for her to appear more than 3 hours of delay, not good for the normal public like me

Favorite moment: Her appeareance

MADONNA AT MADISON SQAURE GARDEN NOV. 13, 2012

Madison Square Garden

- New York

, NY

- Tue, Nov 13, 2012

Posted 11/27/2012

by Anonymous

We were very annoyed that Madonna didn't start until almost 3 hours later, she went on at 10:50pm. WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS MARILYN MONROE? People have work the next day, I have to catch two trains to get home, and just made the last train out of Grand Central by the skin of my teeth. You don't treat your fans like that, people were walking out of the show after a couple of songs. Once it got started was ok, I would have liked to have heard more old songs. I liked her performance with PSY. Then there was the GOD AWFUL Like a Virgin display, I wanted to slice my wrists to go through that torture, she is singing, (more like a monk's chant), then she stops, sits on the piano, and asks for a donation to Sandy, didn't she bleed the fans dry already with the ticket price, why doesn't she give money to Sandy from the profits she made on the tickets. One guy gave her $20, and she threw it back, acting like it wasn't enough, Her attitude towards her fans is UNFORGIVEABLE, AND VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Favorite moment: GIRL GONE WILD

Setlist: Would have liked more of the old songs

Opening act(s): Loved Girl Gone Wild

The Emporess Has No Clothes

Philips Arena

- Atlanta

, GA

- Sat, Nov 17, 2012

Posted 11/27/2012

by Confessions

This Fan's Reviews

Over the years, this was my 6th Madonna concert.... and my last. I compare it to past shows I have attended and those I've seen on dvd. Sad to say but her better days may be behind her. The show was dull and lifeless as she went through the motions. There are a couple of good songs off her latest, MDNA, but not a show's worth of interesting songs to bring to the stage. If you had floor seats and stood for the show, as I did, you probably had to watch the monitors to see the show because for 3 or 4 songs, she was lying on the floor. Impossible to see the performances. For others, she stood behind the microphone stand, for some, she brandished a pistol at the crowd or dancers, but there was very little dancing. She complained that one attendee up front had his arms crossed. She scolded him, saying she was up there working her ass off. Um...no girl...you were not. She again donned the beret for a folky version or two of a song, used the crucifix again, and did the French bordello gig where she acts manly as the female dancers try to seduce her, yet she ignores them. A few times, she pushes the male dancers back as they approach and then they tumble backwards. This is not original. This is not what I expected Madonna to bring to the stage. Yes, she was over two hours late getting on stage. Many around me complained out loud that they were getting tired. Then, for me, the unthinkable happened, what I never thought I would/could do: I left early. I just gave up on waiting for the show to get good. No, I was not there for the old tunes, I was there to see an excellent show for my 350.00. I was shocked to find, upon getting to the outer lobby, that there were hundreds leaving as well: the lobby getting full: many outside headed to their cars. I found Madonna to be very disrespectful of her fans for being so late and putting on such a mess of a show.

Madonna??

Scottrade Center

- St Louis

, MO

- Thu, Nov 1, 2012

Posted 11/27/2012

by Darby116

This Fan's Reviews

I was very excited to see her. Her opening act was zero fun. By the time she graced the stage, I was over my excitement. I know she doesn't need me and that she will do just fine. I had always held her in favorable regard....she no longer holds a place for me. Her show was ok...it is rude for her to start to much later than the announced time. Just issue the tickets saying 10 p.m. We could have had a nice longer dinner. I have enjoyed other artists and their shows much more than her. Sorry, it was very disappointing. Left before she finished. I am sure I did not miss anything special. Glad I did not pay for the expensive seats....almost did. Much better ways to spend my hard earned money than inflated prices for her show.

Favorite moment: Going home.

Opening act(s): boring

As valid as these points and complaints are, surely you understand that a majority of the people who feel the need to express their opinion in an open forum like the Tikcetmaster page are there to complain.

I saw the MDNA show twice, and loved it, and never felt compelled to commit to writing my thoughts and feelings.

I can only imagine what audience reactions to The Girlie Show would've been in the age of the internet. As with all art, it is what you bring to it that you take away from it.

As valid as these points and complaints are, surely you understand that a majority of the people who feel the need to express their opinion in an open forum like the Tikcetmaster page are there to complain.

I saw the MDNA show twice, and loved it, and never felt compelled to commit to writing my thoughts and feelings.

I can only imagine what audience reactions to The Girlie Show would've been in the age of the internet. As with all art, it is what you bring to it that you take away from it.

Madonna's shows are never created to people please.....they are her artistic statements, and people who are disappointed in her for not giving them an IC show are disconnected to what Madonna is all about. The point there was all the references to the late starts, nearly, if not all of them mention it. Even the positive reviews cite the starts:

If Madonna was on time, it would've been perfect!

Madison Square Garden

- New York

, NY

- Tue, Nov 13, 2012

Posted 11/26/2012

by Anonymous

Clearly I was a LITTLE agitated that Madonna did not start the show until 10:45/10:50, even though the concert states that it will start at 8PM. While I did not expect her to start on time (there was a DJ prior) I was hoping 10PM would be the very latest. Considering the trains stop running to Westchester at 1:50AM, I was nervous about missing the last train during a work night. I was able to catch a 1:20AM train, so at the end of the day it worked out but I wasn't hoping to cut it so close. Now that the BAD is overwith, I will say that even though I spent around $110 for okay seats, I felt that Madonna really put on the best show she possibly could. It is so commendable for a woman of her age to pull off such a spectacular show with a massive production. You can feel the hard work that goes into perfecting her craft and the surprise from Psy (Gangham Style) made for a great night. This was the first Madonna concert I've been to and I was highly entertained. If her personality was more likable I would probably support her even more.

Favorite moment: Surprise from Psy performing Gangham Style

Opening act(s): DJ

I don't think Madonna is a people pleaser. Her fans care more about her popularity than she does. I was annoyed by her not coming on till 10:20 but you can't argue with the fact that I am completely in control of whether I buy a ticket to her next show. I don't want Madonna to be dependant on me and I don't want to be dependant on her. I love her and she makes me laugh and I accept her. There are things I put up from some people that I wouldn't put up with someone else. I've been a fan of her for 30 years, she's not a new act that has to gain my approval.

CMoody: If you actually read those comments, most of them say things like "past her prime" and "her career is over." I'm shock that the Gaga haters on here haven't pounced and declared them fake posts by little monsters. I'm not saying they are, but I wouldn't be surprised if these are fans/non-fans who already had an ax to grind - or fair weather fans who own TIC and ROL and only come out once every few years to see her live. Point being: 11:30 is horrible and disrespectful, but it seems like an isolated incident and I don't think she's damaged her reputation or career because of this. 10pm was the norm and I stand by what I said earlier.

Guest Rachelle of London

CMoody I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from but the concert was in November, we are now in March...get over it!!!!!!

It was a great show, Madonna looked, sounded and danced amazingly after 7 months of back to back shows, if her being late is the most people can complain about then lah de flippin lahhhh! Look at Rihanna, she's more than half Madonna's age and had to cancel the 2nd show on her tour! LOOOL

Guest ditaluver

cmoody, im sorry but please get over it. i dont really care to read all those hater reviews. they're all a bunch of miserable assholes. all of em.