Why doesn't Madonna want a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

CJM

So, I was just doing some research for my upcoming trip to the US and I thought "oh gotta find out where M's star is" and thought to myself "gosh, I don't even remember anything about one :S" so I googled it and my thoughts were correct. Why doesn't she want one?

"

Madonna doesn't have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame because she's just not interested.

It seems like everyone who is anyone has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame -- everyone except Madonna that is! The Grammy-winning songstress just didn't care about receiving a star when she was chosen for the honor in 1990. Now, Madonna would have to be resubmitted for a nomination in order to receive a star. However, Walk of Fame spokeswoman Ana Martinez-Holler said, "since she is not interested, I highly doubt that she will give a nominator the permission to do so."

Sometimes it seems that if Madonna had her way, no one would remember her period. She doesn't promote or even care about the "hits," she rarely performs for the general public (tv shows, etc.), etc. I guess the secret to her success has been "less is more..." Ah well.

Thats place is so awful and ugly anyway , i can see why she doesnt care

It is awful there! Both times I went I feared for my personal safety. Go during the day!

Guest Not4Pussies

didn't she say she didn't want people stepping on it?

brad pitt doesnt have one either as well as Jolie and Roberts

the stars are so randomly placed

marilyn monroe's is right outside mcdonald's on hollywood blvd

while shakira has hers on sunset blvd right outside the W Hotel, a nice decent area

Britney's is on highland near the Kodak Theatre

I have always noticed that Madonna does not seem to like getting awards and compliments. They seem to embarrass her which is unusual for someone who is so famous. Apparently, she has turned down stacks of opportunities to receive special recognition awards yet is always happy to present them to others. She had to be talked into receiving the rock n roll hall of fame award and I remember an awards show when she was given an achievement award from Tony Bennett. She made a comment about agreeing to accept the award because of Tony Bennett presenting it to her and praised him. It was very sweet and respectful.

CJM, don't listen to the mean ones!

I've been there and it's cool to see the stars :) LA itself is on the seedy side, but you just have to have your wits about you (which is true of anywhere, really - I've felt unsafe walking through the Queen Street Mall in Brisbane!). Go during the day, though. Don't go anywhere at night!

Keep researching! You'll have a blast!! :thumbsup:

Doesn't the artist have to pay for half and the fan club the other half or some sort of arrangement like that? I think it's a little weird that the artist would have to pay for their own award. Then again, you could say that they sometimes "pay" for other awards anyhow :lol:

didn't she say she didn't want people stepping on it?

brad pitt doesnt have one either as well as Jolie and Roberts

the stars are so randomly placed

marilyn monroe's is right outside mcdonald's on hollywood blvd

while shakira has hers on sunset blvd right outside the W Hotel, a nice decent area

Britney's is on highland near the Kodak Theatre

I hope they at least take care of the star's names. Make sure the pavement is clean. I always thought that is why Madonna doesn't want a star like you said. I don't remember if I heard her say that but it's natural for her that she would think about it in that way. Most would be like "yay a star" but wouldn't give a moments notice that people will be walking on their name. They just don't see the connection; it's not a big deal to them. Symbolically I don't think that would appeal to her.

Edited by Larkspur

Thank you to people that replied to my question appropriately. My question was "why doesn't Madonna want a star?" not "why doesn't Madonna want a star, what a stupid idiot, i think she should have one." Well done on getting your knickers in a knot.

Also, I didn't need a lesson on how much of a shit hole LA is but cheers anyway.

CJM, don't listen to the mean ones!

I've been there and it's cool to see the stars :) LA itself is on the seedy side, but you just have to have your wits about you (which is true of anywhere, really - I've felt unsafe walking through the Queen Street Mall in Brisbane!). Go during the day, though. Don't go anywhere at night!

Keep researching! You'll have a blast!! :thumbsup:

When I wrote my comment earlier today, I had no idea that the Queen Street Mall in Brisbane was evacuated yesterday because a crazed gunman was on the loose!!! :ohmy:

Sometimes it seems that if Madonna had her way, no one would remember her period. She doesn't promote or even care about the "hits," she rarely performs for the general public (tv shows, etc.), etc. I guess the secret to her success has been "less is more..." Ah well.

it´s always the same, she doesn´t pay attention to her past, she´s always looking at the future.

it´s always the same, she doesn´t pay attention to her past, she´s always looking at the future.

:thumbsup:

And that's also the reason why she has retained the top spot for 30 years whereas others, even most of the great ones tend to slip into self-complacency

Thank you to people that replied to my question appropriately. My question was "why doesn't Madonna want a star?" not "why doesn't Madonna want a star, what a stupid idiot, i think she should have one." Well done on getting your knickers in a knot.

Also, I didn't need a lesson on how much of a shit hole LA is but cheers anyway.

Shut the fuck up

It doesn't mean much anyway. She can make one herself out of cardboard and put it in her house if she really wanted one.

She is suposed to pay for it and that's why she doesn't care. It's pathetic that you must pay for an honor. I can understand why she doesn't want it.

She is suposed to pay for it and that's why she doesn't care. It's pathetic that you must pay for an honor. I can understand why she doesn't want it.

yes I always thought it odd to pay for an award. Just seems a bit desperate.

Anyone know how much they cost?