Why doesn't Madonna want a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

CJM

She is suposed to pay for it and that's why she doesn't care. It's pathetic that you must pay for an honor. I can understand why she doesn't want it.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Didn't know they had to pay for it. I ended up reading the wiki page for the walk of fame and Barbara Streisand didn't even turn up for her star "unveiling" :rotfl:

What other things had M turned down etc? I can see why she doesn't want to accept lifetime achievement awards cause as far as i can see you get them once your "hey day" is over and M is still going strong. Maybe she'll be more open to it when she's done with her career or maybe never!

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Didn't know they had to pay for it. I ended up reading the wiki page for the walk of fame and Barbara Streisand didn't even turn up for her star "unveiling" :rotfl:/>

What other things had M turned down etc? I can see why she doesn't want to accept lifetime achievement awards cause as far as i can see you get them once your "hey day" is over and M is still going strong. Maybe she'll be more open to it when she's done with her career or maybe never!

CJM, I don't know exactly what awards she has turned down, but have read several times that she has knocked several of them back. This certainly flys in the face of critics that keep trying to paint her as a shallow attention- seeker. All of us Madonna fans know better than that though. Seriously, I think she gets embarrassed by compliments etc. I actually love it that we don't see her accepting awards for everything at the drop of a hat. Madonna has a lot of class in that department.

One award that was taken off her though was the Key to her hometown Bay City. She was going to receive it in 1985 but due to the nude photos scandal, they decided to not give it to her. One of the bright sparks who was at the meeting to discuss not giving it to her, claimed that no-one would know who Madonna was in a few years anyway ! They now have egg on their face. I have read that Bay City have since tried to rectify that situation by offering it to her again but she has not responded.

Stars usually use the walk of fame thing when they have something to promote- James Franco just got one, and he is in that Oz movie which is more commercial than the movies he usually does, but really all it adds up to is a 20 second mention on Entertainment Tonight, Madonna can flash a stranger and get more free press.

CJM, I don't know exactly what awards she has turned down, but have read several times that she has knocked several of them back. This certainly flys in the face of critics that keep trying to paint her as a shallow attention- seeker. All of us Madonna fans know better than that though. Seriously, I think she gets embarrassed by compliments etc. I actually love it that we don't see her accepting awards for everything at the drop of a hat. Madonna has a lot of class in that department.

One award that was taken off her though was the Key to her hometown Bay City. She was going to receive it in 1985 but due to the nude photos scandal, they decided to not give it to her. One of the bright sparks who was at the meeting to discuss not giving it to her, claimed that no-one would know who Madonna was in a few years anyway ! They now have egg on their face. I have read that Bay City have since tried to rectify that situation by offering it to her again but she has not responded.

Haha what fools! Thanks jazzy xo

When I wrote my comment earlier today, I had no idea that the Queen Street Mall in Brisbane was evacuated yesterday because a crazed gunman was on the loose!!! :ohmy:

It's obviously not funny, but in the context of your previous comment :lmao:

Well in 1985 i can understand how uncertain her destiny in the music industry would be. No one in 1985 could really predict that after 30+ she would be as strong as ever. Of course they made a mistake but shit happens when you have no idea what is gonna happen in the future.

Sometimes it seems that if Madonna had her way, no one would remember her period. She doesn't promote or even care about the "hits," she rarely performs for the general public (tv shows, etc.), etc. I guess the secret to her success has been "less is more..." Ah well.

You obviously haven't been a fan for very long....lol.....Madonna is the biggest fame-hungry diva there is, at least she used to be.....the "I am too busy for traditional promotion" approach is fairly recent. Apart of Madonna's genius has been her master manipulation of her image and the media and she built an empire at marketing herself better than anyone. Things aren't what they used to be though, not just in part of Madonna (her life, children, etc) but the market has changed. Madonna used to get her own MTV specials upon each new release, now MTV doesn't even play music videos. Hopefully MDNA showed M and her peeps that just relying on her name alone isn't enough to move records.

So, I was just doing some research for my upcoming trip to the US and I thought "oh gotta find out where M's star is" and thought to myself "gosh, I don't even remember anything about one :S" so I googled it and my thoughts were correct. Why doesn't she want one?

"

Madonna doesn't have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame because she's just not interested.

It's not an honor. Many have rejected the "honor". Someone has to put up the money for it and maintain it.

It seems like everyone who is anyone has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame -- everyone except Madonna that is! The Grammy-winning songstress just didn't care about receiving a star when she was chosen for the honor in 1990. Now, Madonna would have to be resubmitted for a nomination in order to receive a star. However, Walk of Fame spokeswoman Ana Martinez-Holler said, "since she is not interested, I highly doubt that she will give a nominator the permission to do so."

Does she really need one? She's the biggest star of all. She's in a league of her own, way above those "stars" on that tacky street

her star doesn't belong to the ground and stepped on... her star belongs to the heavens and looked up to...