Madonna on INSTAGRAM

rb19

cheesus, I just realized Daft Punk's last album has passed the 2 million mark in just 6 weeks!...gosh, wish Madonna could have that damn same success!...I mean, it's just Daft Punk!!...nevermind, off topic I know but what the fuck!

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh shut up!

You shut up! Idiot! It was a bloody joke about tooth jewellery that had it heydey in the mid 00s

whoa that's the first time I've ever seen chelle upset lol..

This whole desperate thing is getting old, how about an insightful artticle instead of name calling. trying to sell magazines after 30 yrs with the same stupid shit is what's desperate.

And they'll be kissing her ass when she's dead. Too bad she'll probably outlive us all and we won't get to see it (Well not too bad that she'll have a long life but.. you know what I mean)

Guest Rachelle of London

I dont know what part of DisneyWorld we all supposed to live in where everything Madonna wears/sings/eats/produces has got to be approved by all her fans, and anyone dare comment is reprimanded or called out is just hysterical beyond belief. Madonna HERSELF has such a sarcastic sense of humour. it makes me wonder if these fans even understand her when interviewed or whatever. What a dull forum this would all be if we all agreed with one another...theres only so much "Queen" "she's still got it" "she doesnt age" that a girl can read! As someone stated in another thread, whats gonna happen when the "Ugly Madonna pics" thread comes back! Jeeezus!

What a dull forum this would all be if we all agreed with one another...

This forum would be a heck of a lot duller without you chelle. Don't late haters get you down girl!

tumblr_m0lrstSN3v1r3zat8.gif

Guest Rachelle of London

This forum would be a heck of a lot duller without you chelle. Don't late haters get you down girl!

tumblr_m0lrstSN3v1r3zat8.gif

HAHAHAHHAHAAH

I actually didnt mean to snap! This is what no sleep and evil diets do to me! GRRRRR

I tend to lean toward thinking it has less to do with her "leaving" the U.K. and more to do with her image. America is known to be the more conservative country, but I can't help but think England is more conservative. The press used to be TERRIBLE to her in the early '90s. But when her image softened up, they seemed to warm up to her, and that, of course, coincided with her move to London, etc. Since her split with Guy, she's gotten much more in-your-face and sexual, similar to the '90s - and I just think the U.K. press love to pounce on that. Easy target. They're lazy. That's my take.

I see that too.

It seems to be that both the US and UK media were actually pleasantly surprised that she started to play the role of the 'good wife' in the late 90s/early 00s, and somewhat began to finally kiss her ass and almost 'accept' her. Now that that's all over (as perfectly said in the bridge of "I Don't Give A"), she's kind of re-embraced her true identity in a way, that coupled with the ageism thrown at her 24/7 now, is actually bringing back the views on her circa the late 80s/early 90s because the ballsy IDGAFuck bitch is back (and thank god!!!). And they really can't understand it coming from a woman in her 50s now.

You either "get" Madonna...or you don't. There's no in between with this woman. And sadly, most of the press and the public don't. They're programmed to eat up a Taylor Swift, not someone that actually makes them think and challenges every thing they think is socially acceptable.

She plays by her own rules. 30+ years in, they still can't understand or accept that.

I love that pic with the head piece, very Red Queen/RIT :)

Is the Inshallah (sp?) message for real, or fan made?

HAHAHAHHAHAAH

I actually didnt mean to snap! This is what no sleep and evil diets do to me! GRRRRR

Don't apologize Chelle. You are entitled to your views. Don't worry, everyone knows what an incredible fan you are. :thumbsup: I don't like the grill much either.

I tend to lean toward thinking it has less to do with her "leaving" the U.K. and more to do with her image. America is known to be the more conservative country, but I can't help but think England is more conservative. The press used to be TERRIBLE to her in the early '90s. But when her image softened up, they seemed to warm up to her, and that, of course, coincided with her move to London, etc. Since her split with Guy, she's gotten much more in-your-face and sexual, similar to the '90s - and I just think the U.K. press love to pounce on that. Easy target. They're lazy. That's my take.

Exactly! The Americans seem more bothered about where she lived than we do. We didn't care when she was here. We didn't care when she left. Besides, she still has a house here and is always popping over. Nothing really has changed. And I don't think she became 'the good wife' because Guy beat her into it. She always adopts new looks / personas so I expect she loved the idea of playing the English lady. Also, I'm pretty sure she implied or she said when she had children, she just felt she should tone down her act which is quite normal for any mother. It's a deeply moving phase of life and completely changes your perspective. Just because she did that one shoot in Vogue, everyone thinks that Guy was going around trying to get her to cover her. The overt sexual stuff really stopped with Bedtime Stories and didn't start to resurface until Confessions really.

As for the UK press, yes, they beat her up when she does anything they can label 'controversial' and love her when she just does good music. Our press is just lazy and can pump out an easy story to fill a gap.

Exactly! The Americans seem more bothered about where she lived than we do. We didn't care when she was here. We didn't care when she left. Besides, she still has a house here and is always popping over. Nothing really has changed. And I don't think she became 'the good wife' because Guy beat her into it. She always adopts new looks / personas so I expect she loved the idea of playing the English lady. Also, I'm pretty sure she implied or she said when she had children, she just felt she should tone down her act which is quite normal for any mother. It's a deeply moving phase of life and completely changes your perspective. Just because she did that one shoot in Vogue, everyone thinks that Guy was going around trying to get her to cover her. The overt sexual stuff really stopped with Bedtime Stories and didn't start to resurface until Confessions really.

As for the UK press, yes, they beat her up when she does anything they can label 'controversial' and love her when she just does good music. Our press is just lazy and can pump out an easy story to fill a gap.

M has said in interviews that the press maybe have relaxed a bit as they kept bashing her and she didn't stop, so maybe they just eased up, but yes after Bedtime stories, her image and M changed, it's like what she says on the sleeve for Something To Remember.

Is the UK press really that bad? So many gossip and trash outlets in the US also i thought,I don't really follow them but National enquirer, Tmz, Perez Hilton, fashion police? I guess this is the wrong thread for this topic,

I'm loving M on Instagram, I'm not on it but don't think I need to join if everyone posts the pics here.