Little Monsters Strike AGAIN [merged]

vocalism

so this is REAL?! i thought its a joke?!

It's real, yes. Some monster uploaded that image and she commented.

Thank you Mensch...last time I brought this up on the LG thread I was told I was lying...even M fans make up excuses for this idiot girl!

I think the fact that she got that support from Madonna's fans made her too comfortable. She and her team were probaly like "fuck why not?" Let's take the song that personifies Madonna and use it to forget that song exists. So an award wasn't good enough she had to give the credit to someone else who just by coincidence happened to be Madonna's pop rival in the late eighties when Express Yourself was released. That was unnecessary, but thanks to the major support from the press, her peers, her

fans and Madonna fans she probaly thought no one would care. Why would you do that to someone you admire?

I could get past it if she was actually sorry for it but I doubt she is. I'm sure she regrets how it was received but I believe if people didn't say one word about Express Yourself she would have continued quite happily.

It is crystal clear what her motivations were. I would love to know how or why some Madonna fans don't see the whole picture. Is it ageism? Do they not really care if Madonna is insulted? I mean I understand the casual music fan not really paying attention but fans of Madonna who have been fans for years, I don't get it.

Edited by Larkspur

. I would love to know how or why some Madonna fans don't see the whole picture. Is it ageism? Do they not really care if Madonna is insulted? I mean I understand the casual music fan not really paying attention but fans of Madonna who have been fans for years, I don't get it.

I think some people just find the pull of the 'new', very seductive and get swept along on the wave of hype.

I think many Madonna fans interpret Gaga's actions as being malicious, when I really just think it's a product of immaturity and having too much fame too quickly. To this day I truly believe that BTW was inspired by EY but that she didn't realize HOW similar it was. And when she got called out, she got defensive, maybe a little embarrassed. And here's where she started to lose me. First the denials, then the claim that M and her camp gave her a blessing, then citing Whitney. These all seem like little white lies and ways to squirm her way out of it. All she had to do was be honest and say "Yes, I'm inspired by Madonna and this is my homage to that era of house music, including EY" and I think everyone would have moved on. But she stoked the fire by not handling it well.

i also can't help but be reminded of Mariah Carey in 1995, taking shots at Madonna's relevance because M made a snide comment about Mariah's music in Spin Magazine. Madonna started it, and Mariah was obviously insulted and hurt. Granted, Mariah wasn't ripping off Madonna, but the REACTION seems similar to me. Gaga making bitchy comments online is in response to Madonna calling her "reductive" and saying stuff like "Gaga who?" I'm not defending her, because I think her fans are disgusting and her silence is deafening, but just playing devil's advocate here and trying to find an explanation for her behavior. I don't think it's as simple as many have made it seem. She was genuinely a fan/student of Madonna and made it clear from the beginning. It wasn't until she started getting attacked for it that she seemed to turn on M.

It wasn't until she started getting attacked for it that she seemed to turn on M.

What did she expect? To come dressing like this and get away with it? C'mon

madonna-lady-gaga-copy.jpg

She has always been a vile cunt from the very beggining.

I think many Madonna fans interpret Gaga's actions as being malicious, when I really just think it's a product of immaturity and having too much fame too quickly. To this day I truly believe that BTW was inspired by EY but that she didn't realize HOW similar it was. And when she got called out, she got defensive, maybe a little embarrassed. And here's where she started to lose me. First the denials, then the claim that M and her camp gave her a blessing, then citing Whitney. These all seem like little white lies and ways to squirm her way out of it. All she had to do was be honest and say "Yes, I'm inspired by Madonna and this is my homage to that era of house music, including EY" and I think everyone would have moved on. But she stoked the fire by not handling it well.

i also can't help but be reminded of Mariah Carey in 1995, taking shots at Madonna's relevance because M made a snide comment about Mariah's music in Spin Magazine. Madonna started it, and Mariah was obviously insulted and hurt. Granted, Mariah wasn't ripping off Madonna, but the REACTION seems similar to me. Gaga making bitchy comments online is in response to Madonna calling her "reductive" and saying stuff like "Gaga who?" I'm not defending her, because I think her fans are disgusting and her silence is deafening, but just playing devil's advocate here and trying to find an explanation for her behavior. I don't think it's as

simple as many have made it seem. She was genuinely a fan/student of Madonna and made it clear from the beginning. It wasn't until she started getting attacked for it that she seemed to turn on M.

I give her more credit than you do. Your first paragraph makes her out to be a complete moron. She's not a moron and the problem for her is Madonna is not one either.

What did she expect? To come dressing like this and get away with it? C'mon

madonna-lady-gaga-copy.jpg

She has always been a vile cunt from the very beggining.

Get away with what? This was a clear homage to the Blond Ambition look. Everyone knew it. Everyone said it. Gaga never claimed otherwise. She was still praising Madonna and citing her as an influence left and right.

Get away with what? This was a clear homage to the Blond Ambition look. Everyone knew it. Everyone said it. Gaga never claimed otherwise. She was still praising Madonna and citing her as an influence left and right.

No that was fine, that was no different to when M herself has appropriated the images of numerous stars, she didn't have to go round with a sign saying MADONNAS LOOK on it. It was an iconic look, and Gaga wore it as such. The problem is where Gaga lifts vital parts of Madonna's identity: the messages, the songs, entire swathes of her career at one go, and directly denies M's influence. That is the problem, because it goes into the territory of trying to overwrite M's legacy, denying her importance and by doing so proclaiming herself as original and just as important. She lays claim to a rich legacy built up over many years, doing very little to deserve any of it.

No she wasn't. She said so in the beginning but as soon as she did alejandro she started behaving as if she's above popstars like madonna.

Ironically the same time she began ripping M off wholesale. You remind me of the posts by little monsters around the release of Girl Gone Wild listing things M had copied from the Alejandro video, which numerous Madonna fans countered with shots of M's original takes on the very same images and concepts 20 years prior.

Ironically the same time she began ripping M off wholesale. You remind me of the posts by little monsters around the release of Girl Gone Wild listing things M had copied from the Alejandro video, which numerous Madonna fans countered with shots of M's original takes on the very same images and concepts 20 years prior.

That's one of the worst :o I also saw monsters saying Madonna is "copying" the fame cover because of her instagram pic in which she is crying. :rotfl:

The ridiculous lengths they'll go to to convince people that gaga is the original and at the same time ignoring all actual obvious thefts gaga is obviously doing is really remarkable.

and I don't know if the blog was made by a fan of a fake, but the monsters certainly got even worse since.

No that was fine, that was no different to when M herself has appropriated the images of numerous stars, she didn't have to go round with a sign saying MADONNAS LOOK on it. It was an iconic look, and Gaga wore it as such. The problem is where Gaga lifts vital parts of Madonna's identity: the messages, the songs, entire swathes of her career at one go, and directly denies M's influence. That is the problem, because it goes into the territory of trying to overwrite M's legacy, denying her importance and by doing so proclaiming herself as original and just as important. She lays claim to a rich legacy built up over many years, doing very little to deserve any of it.

Right, I agree. But the fact that this board only quotes the most recent reply, it's easy to lose the train/context here. That photo was a response to me saying that she was openly paying homage to Madonna and cited her as an influence all the time up until people started going in on her hard about copying Madonna.

"Alejandro" was probably the beginning of the end. I actually really enjoyed the obvious homage to EY and "Vogue," and I think it's a really cool video, but that's when things started getting ugly. Many M fans lost their shit and Gaga fans tried to claim that she wasn't paying homage...which only made M's fans even more annoyed. It was downhill from there.

She didn't handle it well because she had promised an anthem to change the world and the face of music. She can't live up to her own hype.

She was genuinely a fan/student of Madonna and made it clear from the beginning. It wasn't until she started getting attacked for it that she seemed to turn on M.

She was not a fan at all. She's always been trying to victimize herself so she really did not have any other choices but praising M. Because then the public and her dumb fans would take her as a good good girl and the VICTIM in this whole feud while M is the bitch or jealous old hag as always. This is her way to pull the public on her side.

And if she really was a fan, there is no way she could want M to "sip that tea"

Right, I agree. But the fact that this board only quotes the most recent reply, it's easy to lose the train/context here. That photo was a response to me saying that she was openly paying homage to Madonna and cited her as an influence all the time up until people started going in on her hard about copying Madonna.

"Alejandro" was probably the beginning of the end. I actually really enjoyed the obvious homage to EY and "Vogue," and I think it's a really cool video, but that's when things started getting ugly. Many M fans lost their shit and Gaga fans tried to claim that she wasn't paying homage...which only made M's fans even more annoyed. It was downhill from there.

Sorry! It does get messy with the single replies. I also really liked the Alejandro video I thought it was brilliant with all the M references, EY, Vogue, the Meisel Vogue shoot, the American Life dance break, X Static Process. But it's like the criticism made her go haywire. I actually thought at one point that she got so sick of the comparisons that she decided to go totally aggressive and deliberately copy M with Born This Way, but then she just didn't stop and it became clear she is insane.

No.

Was she really, though? I don't remember her talking much about Madonna back then.....

Look to the future, I can't wait for the meltdowns when m's secret project comes out before artpop n it is about art and revolution.

If m really do something big about art n revolution, someone would be furious.coz m will totally steal her thunder. For one, m personally involved with many American artists.....Warhol is one example. This would make the other pretentious project about pop art n music amature-ish, superficial n contrived as what m has is an authentic history in the world of American art. Beside, m' s project will come out earlier... I can wait to see the drama n comparison. Some might claim m copy her. In fact, she has been using art images in her music for ages; she just do it with taste by not telling people directly her music or videos Or shows are inspired by modern art.

she's not allowed to talk about the aries sign because it's "artpop"

2mhzoy1.jpg

Wtf! Lol these kids are literally physchologically impaired. I'm so glad, I'm no longer amongst those idiots.