STARLIGHT. STAR BRIGHT.

IsaacHarris

I was having another one of my 'Daily Madonna Dance Breaks' earlier, when Lucky Star came on shuffle. If there ever was a song that captured the essence of Minnie-Mouse-Madonna, this would be it. Seriously, is it not the funkiest shit you've ever heard or what!? Give it a relisten & understand why It needs a proper tour revival, unmixed & untouched as soon as possible.

The "...C'mon, shine your heavenly body 2nite.... *RANDOM 80'S SYNTH NOISE* ..." bit is INSANE :wow:

AND THE VIDEO: get into the black & white. Get into the attitude. Get into the hi-kicks! Get into to the eclectic 80's fashun! Get into the fact that, for a brief moment, Christopher actually looks some kind of sexy. Such a wonderfully simple video displaying her dancin' skillz & star power.

tumblr_lcksifYMdB1qa1xnko1_500.gif

COMMENTS?

...AND, that's a TWO THUMBS UP for one of my favorite M songs of all-time! Just glorious.

I was having another one of my 'Daily Madonna Dance Breaks' earlier, when Lucky Star came on shuffle. If there ever was a song that captured the essence of Minnie-Mouse-Madonna, this would be it. Seriously, is it not the funkiest shit you've ever heard or what!? Give it a relisten & understand why It needs a proper tour revival, unmixed & untouched as soon as possible.

The "...C'mon, shine your heavenly body 2nite.... *RANDOM 80'S SYNTH NOISE* ..." bit is INSANE :wow:

AND THE VIDEO: get into the black & white. Get into the attitude. Get into the hi-kicks! Get into to the eclectic 80's fashun! Get into the fact that, for a brief moment, Christopher actually looks some kind of sexy. Such a wonderfully simple video displaying her dancin' skillz & star power.

COMMENTS?

Guest Pud Whacker

COMMENTS?

perfection.

I will forever cherish the memory of being 9 years old...watching "The Immaculate Collection" DVD with my best girlie friend and our two mother's in their media room. "Lucky Star" came on and my (drunk) mother did the splits, then took me by the hand and spun me around. That, with the combined musical ecstasy of Madonna, instigated my love for the Queen!! :tigger:

Absolute classic. Also proved that Madonna has so much natural charisma that she can still be so mesmerizing without a big budget video or stacks of costume changes. Adore everything about Lucky star.

My sister always says the song reminds her of when she was a kid and she would be in the backseat of the car at night when it would come on and she would look up at the stars while listening to it.

Funny how certain songs can remind you of an exact moment in time in your life.

Like how Tina Turners What's Love Got to do With it reminds me of eating McDonalds in the parking lot in my aunts van as a kid because it was always on at that time. :madgemanson:

Also totally random question, but why cant I find the Material Girl video on youtube? You would think if you typed in "Material Girl Madonna" it would pop right up. I go through pages and pages and nothing.

Funny how certain songs can remind you of an exact moment in time in your life.

That's so true. Certain perfumes have the same effect.

You're right about the Material Girl video (just checked). That's funny bc it was up a month ago cuz I watched it. Thought it was on M's channel too but now it's gone.

I will forever cherish the memory of being 9 years old...watching "The Immaculate Collection" DVD with my best girlie friend and our two mother's in their media room. "Lucky Star" came on and my (drunk) mother did the splits, then took me by the hand and spun me around. That, with the combined musical ecstasy of Madonna, instigated my love for the Queen!! :tigger:

:dramatic:

That's so true. Certain perfumes have the same effect.

Oh I know. There is this smell of this guy I was with a long time ago. I dont know if he was wearing Ax body spray or if it was just the smell of the deodorant he was wearing, but EVERY damn time I pass someone or come across someone with that same scent I think of him that second. :lol:

And I wonder why they took down Material Girl? Hmmm.

This is tied for my favourite M song along with Into the Groove. Omg I never get sick of these songs they are just THAT fucking good.

I LOVE the video clip hnnnggggg it's so watchable even though its not crazy over the top. She is mesmerizing.

Lucky Star is some funky shit. I've always loved it and have been obsessed with the song and video lately. I'd even say it's one of her best videos, she's just so gorgeous, spunky, hungry, skanky......perfection! :inlove:

Sorry babes but I think we all know that the definitive version of this COLOSSAL TRACK is from the Who's That Girl World Tour 1987!

Work that microphone !

Let's GO!!!

And yes I used to perform this routine as part of my very own Keep it Together Tour 1989 in my bedroom as a 9 year old!!

:inlove: that's so cute!

Sorry babes but I think we all know that the definitive version of this COLOSSAL TRACK is from the Who's That Girl World Tour 1987!

Work that microphone !

Let's GO!!!

And yes I used to perform this routine as part of my very own Keep it Together Tour 1989 in my bedroom as a 9 year old!!

Love the energy & her performing, but that Tina Turner cum David Lee Roth arrangement has 2 go.

I'm gonna make it simple, Lucky Star is the funkiest Madonna track ever, and being a huge fan of funk, this is naturally one of my fav Madonna track, and the video is simply my fav Madonna video ever. I prefer make a short comment of one or two lines because it if i begin describing the funky brilliance of the song & the video i will write for 3 hours. Lucky star, song + video are everything to me.