Happy 13th Birthday "The Next Best Thing"

horn

I wonder if I'm the only M fan that owns this on DVD, VHS and VCD and all remain unwatched since purchase as I saw this one as when I rented it on VHS, thought it was shit and never again - the same applies to Swept Away - she should have chosen better projects after Evita and well I loved W.E. so I'm happy she stepped behind the camera

I actually enjoy Swept Away a whole lot...I don't mind that Guy Ritchie

lit her like the ghost from the phantom of the opera...the movie itself

is kinda cute, M not half as bad as people make her out...I like Guy R's

style...It's kinda atypical 4 that kind of subject matter...I just wish it was

more brutal in terms of Pepe beating her up & making her beg 4 anal sex.

Sì ti prego amore, tu sei il mio primo vero uomo…sodomizzami!

I'm too much in love with the original Swept Away to be able to REALLY enjoy the remake. It was actually better than TNBT, I think Guy did an ok job though. She's too stiff in the first part of the film, and I can't really feel the TEARS in the end but oh well. That film had a great soundtrack too. As acko said, I wanted something more brutal. The original is way more brave than Guy's version.

I'm too much in love with the original Swept Away to be able to REALLY enjoy the remake. It was actually better than TNBT, I think Guy did an ok job though. She's too stiff in the first part of the film, and I can't really feel the TEARS in the end but oh well. That film had a great soundtrack too. As acko said, I wanted something more brutal. The original is way more brave than Guy's version.

I want you 2 say it, and look me in the eye when u do...:

:fag:

OMG! That is my favorite part of that movie. Mostly because it is set to Mazzey Star's "Fade Into You".

I agree, this is a fantastic moment.

I liked Swept Away less than TNBT. This was years ago when I saw it, but I remember thinking her acting was pretty bad & funny in some parts of SA. I felt somewhat embarrassed that I made my Italian mom watch Guy's version of the film since the original has been considered a classic in cinema. I don't think my mom thought of Madonna as a better actress after sitting through that pretentious & self indulgent film.

I still have to watch W.E. when I have the chance in the near future!

Signed.

OMG! That is my favorite part of that movie. Mostly because it is set to Mazzey Star's "Fade Into You".

HAHAHAHA sorry, i just can't watch that part... although i do like the song a lot, but just the song....

I actually enjoy Swept Away a whole lot...I don't mind that Guy Ritchie

lit her like the ghost from the phantom of the opera...the movie itself

is kinda cute, M not half as bad as people make her out...I like Guy R's

style...It's kinda atypical 4 that kind of subject matter...I just wish it was

more brutal in terms of Pepe beating her up & making her beg 4 anal sex.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rotfl:

Agreed. The "Fade Into You" bit is beautiful and touching (though I so see where the one-lens star sunglasses are a bit odd...lol).....

I wonder if M rewatches any of her old movies

I hope she does. Imagine her on a slow, down day, just channel surfing and coming across BOE in all it's heavily TV-edited glory. Knowing Madonna she watches and thinks "yeah, I was awesome in this....fuck Sharon Stone..."

Guest Rachelle of London

I hope she does. Imagine her on a slow, down day, just channel surfing and coming across BOE in all it's heavily TV-edited glory. Knowing Madonna she watches and thinks "yeah, I was awesome in this....fuck Sharon Stone..."

I could so see her calling in the kids and Brahim to watch WTG...imagine he wasnt even born then...I bet he loves DSS

So what happens at the end?

Is it happy ever after?

Do the Rupert and the Madonna characters end up being friends again?

So what happens at the end?

Is it happy ever after?

Do the Rupert and the Madonna characters end up being friends again?

They hate each other and talk shit in court....Madonna wins the custody battle, Rupert is crushed (as he is not the legitimate father as once believed...Abbe (Madonna's character) held this dirty little secret....they keep the kid away from Rupert for a while until Abbe has a heart and they have a brief reunite in the street and Abbe allows Max to go home w/ Rupert. It's happy, it's Lifetime.....it's shit. :flop:

They hate each other and talk shit in court....Madonna wins the custody battle, Rupert is crushed (as he is not the legitimate father as once believed...Abbe (Madonna's character) held this dirty little secret....they keep the kid away from Rupert for a while until Abbe has a heart and they have a brief reunite in the street and Abbe allows Max to go home w/ Rupert. It's happy, it's Lifetime.....it's shit. :flop:

Oh gawd.

Who the fuck green-lighted that script?!