Madonna To Present GLAAD award to Anderson Coooper

HolidayGuy

Just watched Fashion Police and for possibly the first time, George made a lot of sense. He saw past the "look" of the Scout uniform and applauded Madonna for both her speech and courage. Kelly totally agreed as did Guilliana. Unfortunately Joan over-ruled them all, gave her Fash-ho of the week and rubbished her again. I know a lot of members here love Joan but to me the constant age jokes are wearing a bit thin. That is just my view though. Anyway, nice to see Madonna getting some praise for her stand against discrimination and the fact that they saw the message and applauded that.

Madonna actually got coverage on a few programmes over here. She's so fucking cool. I just wish more shows would explain that she pretended the costume was for her son and then took it herself. :lmao:

Joan Rivers@Joan_Rivers 37m

Last week, Madonna said she wanted to become a Boy Scout, but they wouldn't let her join. That's because the cutoff age is 18, not 81.

love what this guy had to say :lmao:

Joan Rivers@Joan_Rivers 22m

Actually 135. RT ‏@troystephane8m @Joan_Rivers yeah, you're one to talk about age... Aren't you like 109 years old?

Joan Rivers@Joan_Rivers 37m

Last week, Madonna said she wanted to become a Boy Scout, but they wouldn't let her join. That's because the cutoff age is 18, not 81.

love what this guy had to say :lmao:

Joan Rivers@Joan_Rivers 22m

Actually 135. RT ‏@troystephane8m @Joan_Rivers yeah, you're one to talk about age... Aren't you like 109 years old?

She so deserves this response. I'm surprised why she is coming up with the ageist stuff when it comes to Madonna. I mean, she is sitting in the same boat and if I recall correctly she made a comment about it in her documentary. She is doing to Madonna what people do to her ... tell her to quit her act because she's old and the things she says are inappropriate. I don't get it and I have lost some respect.

She so deserves this response. I'm surprised why she is coming up with the ageist stuff when it comes to Madonna. I mean, she is sitting in the same boat and if I recall correctly she made a comment about it in her documentary. She is doing to Madonna what people do to her ... tell her to quit her act because she's old and the things she says are inappropriate. I don't get it and I have lost some respect.

Agreed. I like Joan and find her humor funny (most of the time) but I simply do not get her ageist remarks. I mean, I know it's all in good fun, but it's the easy road really.....she would be more creative for calling Madonna a slut, etc. Ageist jokes coming from Joan Rivers are like fat jokes coming from a morbidly obese person.

I absolutely agree, I left her a comment :rotfl:

Guest Not4Pussies

Entertainment Weekly finally gave her some props since they have dissed her and ignored her for years now since she left Warner.

they gave her props for dressing like a boy scout calling it brilliant and that they almost forgive her for the hydrangeas and dick tracy.

that last comment made no sense. the hydrangeas wasnt something she did and her response to it was brilliant

and she's good in dick tracy.

they should of mentioned shangai surprise or the children's books.