Madonna To Present GLAAD award to Anderson Coooper

HolidayGuy

You guys, Madonna is 54....her eyes are not going to be as wide and taut as they once were. Look at the MDNA soundchecks compared to the actual show....makeup is everything when it comes to the eyes.

I loved the speech, especially the bit about technology supposedly bringing us together but that actually being an illusion. Just because we're always ''connected'' (to the internet), doesn't mean we're making meaningful connections with each other. So I like that Madonna is flagging this up and maybe making at least few people think about it.

But............ I have to say, as soon as I saw the photos of her I was a little shocked. Not at the (unflattering) boy scout uniform which I get, but her face is really starting to look quite odd. The fillers seem more prominent than they've been in a while, and at least on this occasion, they're really giving her an 'old lady' look. As others have mentioned, I instantly noticed that her eyes look different, and I'm not convinced it's just make up. They've got a 'pulled' look about them, which makes them seem oddly narrow. Also, the brows look over arched, possibly as a result of some sort of lift. I'm not against her doing procedures but when they look obvious and she still looks her age, if not older, then I don't see the point in doing them.

Makeup does have a major impact. I think the way her makeup was done for the first segment of the MDNA tour was exceptional. Of course she's not going to have that applied every day but I loved the more dramatic eye / softer lip color look for the Transgression part of the show. Sometimes I think the bold lipstick color choices she makes, paired with too-little eye makeup, ages her. But the more blended look of her Transgresson segment makeup was flawless imo.

madonna-boy-scout-costume-at-glaad-media-awards-2013-02.jpg

I just don't get it you guys. She looks the exact same that she did on tour, with some slight changes in make-up. She is wearing clothing for a twelve year old so of course it's going to make her body a little bit smaller than it actually is, but the face is the same and she looks great for 54.

MDNA02.jpg

Regarding her eyes: I've noticed since she started getting more work done. It's because her face is being "lifted" (whether it's an actual facelift or some kind of pulling technique with her head that we heard about a couple of year ago, who knows and I'm not going to get into that debate here), so the eyes automatically look narrower. And then there's those cheeks. That combination makes her eyes look smaller.

Regarding the lipstick: Yes, this red she's wearing the last couple of years is terrible. It reminds me of my grandmother. Old ladies wear bright red lipstick till the day they die. It's not a good look for her. Just take a look back at the mid-aughts, when she was all about neutral/pale lip color. She looked fucking fantastic (by the way, this - 2007 - is really the last time her face looked "normal"-- she's looked "good" since then, but not "natural"):

15913221-15913223-large.jpg

Regarding her eyes: I've noticed since she started getting more work done. It's because her face is being "lifted" (whether it's an actual facelift or some kind of pulling technique with her head that we heard about a couple of year ago, who knows and I'm not going to get into that debate here), so the eyes automatically look narrower. And then there's those cheeks. That combination makes her eyes look smaller.

Regarding the lipstick: Yes, this red she's wearing the last couple of years is terrible. It reminds me of my grandmother. Old ladies wear bright red lipstick till the day they die. It's not a good look for her. Just take a look back at the mid-aughts, when she was all about neutral/pale lip color. She looked fucking fantastic (by the way, this - 2007 - is really the last time her face looked "normal"-- she's looked "good" since then, but not "natural"):

15913221-15913223-large.jpg

don't even with that picture

Funny how this thread has turned into the plastic surgery thread.

Madonna is in her mid-50s, she is going to fight the forces of aging harder and harder each year. Unfortunately, it seems she is opting for the ultra-unatural approach that never looks quite right for anyone. There is only one way to go once you start up the plastic surgery train and it never ends very well. Look at Cher, Dolly Parton, Joan Rivers.....they are trapped by their now-cartoonish images and to give up the upkeep now would be pointless to say the least....once you reach a certain point with plastic surgery, there really is no going back to anything "natural". It seems Madonna will join their club (if she hasn't already) as the decade continues.

To me, here is one of the clearest angles of her facelift, look at the way the skin is stretched and pulled towards and behind her ears.

madonna-ellen-interview-coming-out-600x450.jpg

She looks so amazing for her age. Where people have been? This is not the 2008 cheek nightmare. Wake up! She looks fine! She won't ever have her 40's face anymore. If anything the volume of her face is much closer to her 80's virgin version than the past 10 years. I think it's fine for now, she doesn't need any filler and she is clearly letting it go (see her increased wrinkles around the eyes and uppereyelids).

Her face did quite look like back in the day on some occasions last year, though:

philadelphia_001.jpg

Although I have to say that I miss her naturally beautiful look from the Confessions era...Oh, I miss the whole era :(

Although I have to say that I miss her naturally beautiful look from the Confessions era...Oh, I miss the whole era :(

Her face was perfection during the Confessions era. Obviously she was getting SOMETHING done to look so fresh, but whatever it was it was so damn natural looking. She was stunning.

tumblr_lp7renvlUS1qezxsoo1_500.jpg

vlcsnap864519bx7.png

Her face was perfection during the Confessions era. Obviously she was getting SOMETHING done to look so fresh, but whatever it was it was so damn natural looking. She was stunning.

tumblr_lp7renvlUS1qezxsoo1_500.jpg

vlcsnap864519bx7.png

Probably only some chemical peels. And in this last pic you can that see she was photoshoped to death in the Confessions Tour video.

I don't give a shit what she does the face is always there

I'm 35 and if I had the money of have work done

Who wouldn't